MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I hardly know chit when it comes to Garrison but there's a reason I haven't predicted him, lol. I think he wants to be a Cowboy.

It depends on Lutz and it depends on how much NIL Oklahoma State is getting with a new coach/restart.

I'm pretty sure he is too young for Eddie Sutton, so if he's paid any attention to OSU basketball in his lifetime and STILL wanted to play there, he's either a complete beta or has Cowboy blood in his veins.

Garrison will not happen. He’s not taking any visits till osu hires.

They are getting first crack.
Are you saying Garrison before the dead period won’t happen, Garrison won’t happen period, or both?

From an articles on CBSsports about NIL and basketball today.​

Quotes that stood out​

• "Like anything, there are outliers in both directions. But I would say an average would be about $150-250,000. There are a lot of schools who are driving up the market where it is getting out of control. [But I'm] not complaining because if I was them I'd be doing it as well."
  • "I lost [an OK] player to a [power-conference] school for $200,000."
  • "You have bozo-schools offering insane numbers, and typically those coaches get fired. We lost a guy when we offered over $200,000 -- and he would have helped us. But we were blown away by the offer a Pac-12 school made."
  • "I do know between $200k-$400k were numbers talked about when our former player [at the mid-major level] transferred [to a high-major]."
  • "We have (at the mid-major level] been asked for as little as $30,000, and for as much as $400,000, [for a transfer]."
  • "I don't think everybody is getting what they tell people they're getting. That's why I think it would be better if all of this had to be documented and made publicly available. That would stop a lot of the bull****. But, yeah, the number is about $200,000. If my staff targets a good transfer, we know we better be able to tell him we can get him at least that -- or we're just wasting our time."

Is Lutz a great hire? TBD, we don't know, yet. He's had a very short HC career (all good-ish years though).

Will it create enough excitement for the Pokes? Probably so.

What none of us knows...Garrison's standing offers/interest and how much it would take for him to leave his current school. Just have to see.

I'm pretty sure he is too young for Eddie Sutton, so if he's paid any attention to OSU basketball in his lifetime and STILL wanted to play there, he's either a complete beta or has Cowboy blood in his veins.
It’s been stated on this board that he grew up a huge OSU fan. I remember seeing a recruiting video of him his junior year and he talked about how OSU is his dream school.

It's kind of hard to follow on account of how many pages/posts there are, but does anyone know for certain if we've only just lost the two (Hughley and Oweh)? And any crystal balls that are heavily favoring OU, besides the Padulla kid, unless that's off the table now too??

Back