MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

It's kind of hard to follow on account of how many pages/posts there are, but does anyone know for certain if we've only just lost the two (Hughley and Oweh)? And any crystal balls that are heavily favoring OU, besides the Padulla kid, unless that's off the table now too??
Uzan, Hugley, and Oweh. Speculation is McCollum leaves too

Why keep Moser if it’s another rebuild? I’m not necessarily upset that there’s a lot of departures. It’s going to happen year to year. But Moser clearly can’t put a roster together in the off season and make the tournament. Which is what coaches need to be able to do. It’s not going to magically happen this year. I guess the buyout is the only reason he gets another year.

It's kind of hard to follow on account of how many pages/posts there are, but does anyone know for certain if we've only just lost the two (Hughley and Oweh)? And any crystal balls that are heavily favoring OU, besides the Padulla kid, unless that's off the table now too??
Check out the first post in this thread... @StoopsBros is crushing it and keeping track of the portalings.

1711996547685.png

As @TopherB560 just said, the current expectation is Javian McCollum is leaving as well.

That would give OU five scholarships to work with.

As for Pedulla, the current thought is that he's a Sooner but we have to see. Kentucky has offered. Creighton seems interested. He said a return to VT is on the table.

That's it right now as far as who we can predict to OU.

With the Easter holiday limiting things, and the dead period coming up (April 4-11), things are a little slow right now. I'd expect most of these recruitments to start really popping once kids can really travel/visit en masse.

As we know....

TCU is hosting Toledo G Dante Maddox Jr today. OU wants him to visit after the dead period.

South Dakota State G Zeke Mayo is supposed to be on Kansas' campus today as well...OU also wants him to visit after the dead period. A Lawrence kid making it to an OU visit uncommitted after a KU visit? I mean, I think we are all expecting him to be a Jayhawk but...just don't know.

Drake G/F Kevin Overton posted this on his IG story earlier....

1711997013591.png

I don't know if he's just coming home...to say, visit family/friends....or if he's visiting OU today. Maybe? The ⭕ is throwing me off. Someone with sources could find out. I don't want to play the DM game today, lol.

Really no reason to post this but....this is a Houston fan's take on their roster....

Here is where I'm at with things currently.

Obviously an extremely fluid situation.

This is assuming Jamal is gone which I believe he is.

Backcourt

Emanuel Sharp - Starter - RS. JR
KJ Jefferson - RS FR
Mercy Miller - FR
Chase McCarty - FR

Frontcourt

J'avier Francis - Starter - SR
JoJo Tugler - Starter - SO
Terrance Arceneaux - Starter? - JR
Ramon Walker - SR
Ced Lath - RS SO
Jacob McFarland - RS FR

TBD

J'Wan Roberts
LJ Cryer
Mylik Wilson
Damian Dunn

Needs

Point Guard - priority #1
Backup PG? - who else is ready?
Stretch 4 - more of a wish
Backup 5 - need legit backup for JF5

Currently at 10/13 scholarship players

Really no reason to post this but....this is a Houston fan's take on their roster....

Here is where I'm at with things currently.

Obviously an extremely fluid situation.

This is assuming Jamal is gone which I believe he is.

Backcourt

Emanuel Sharp - Starter - RS. JR
KJ Jefferson - RS FR
Mercy Miller - FR
Chase McCarty - FR

Frontcourt

J'avier Francis - Starter - SR
JoJo Tugler - Starter - SO
Terrance Arceneaux - Starter? - JR
Ramon Walker - SR
Ced Lath - RS SO
Jacob McFarland - RS FR

TBD

J'Wan Roberts
LJ Cryer
Mylik Wilson
Damian Dunn

Needs

Point Guard - priority #1
Backup PG? - who else is ready?
Stretch 4 - more of a wish
Backup 5 - need legit backup for JF5

Currently at 10/13 scholarship players
I think I read that everybody on their roster has eligibility remaining if they chose to come back.

Shead is probably gone to the NBA.
Could see Cryer back.
Roberts? Tough call. Probably not an NBA guy, but might could get better with another year.
It never really clicked in Houston for Dunn (though he did come on late in the season). I could see him leaving.

The UH roster could be anywhere from needing a PG and some filler, to needing a few significant pieces depending on who stays and who leaves.

Be cool to see them run it back, even if that is with everybody other than Shead and maybe Dunn.

From a national portal source on Moore...

I asked if he's heard any smoke on Moore because he followed him today.

1711998870852.png

He's the only kid I'll be pissed to lose. There are a lot of athletes in the 6'6-6'8 range, wouldn't be that hard to find another body, but he's the type you just don't want to lose. You know he's going to give it his all every time he goes out there and that matters, a lot.

Last edited:
Sounds to me that Porter is not very good with the portal this year. Almost all of last year's portal gains have been lost either to graduation or the portal.

If we lose Moore I’m checking out until Porter is gone. I know it’s not all his fault but I can’t keep doing this.

Sounds to me that Porter is not very good with the portal this year. Almost all of last year's portal gains have been lost either to graduation or the portal.
Porter isn’t very good with anything. There is nothing he has done well since being at OU.

At one point you could say he was a good recruiter. Well that ship has sailed now.

If we lose Moore I’m checking out until Porter is gone. I know it’s not all his fault but I can’t keep doing this.
Is roster turnover the new norm? Absolutely. Will all OU coaches deal with it? Yes. But this is four freaking offseasons of completely rebuilding the roster. That does not bode well for success.

Is roster turnover the new norm? Absolutely. Will all OU coaches deal with it? Yes. But this is four freaking offseasons of completely rebuilding the roster. That does not bode well for success.
Some depends on the talent level you using to rebuild with

Back