MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

I agree, it is a very concerning trend. I thought we would see a few teams higher than us, so the results are a bit jarring.

You can't expect to climb out of that 40-50 NET team and have that kind of turnover. Need to have some solid pieces. Heck, maybe a guy for 3 years that isn't Godwin as your dang starter.

Edit to add: there are other factors like graduation and such that play into these numbers, but still
My take away is making the tournament and success matters in the portal equation too.. altho cash will always be #1 forever now (playing time/guaranteed starting spot maybe being the usual #2)

Again. It wasn't my comparison. You can get mad at me all you want, but the question WT asked was how they did in their first few years. I said he would have fired them all because none went to the tourney in their first three years. That's all.
I’m not mad at you. I appreciate your posts and info. I just disagree with this comparison.

I'm not that interested in this guy bc hes short. I don't think his around the rim play will bode well in power conferences long term. I loved watching him in the tournament tho
I guess it depends on if he has that “Ernie Abercrombie “ in him. If he does, I want him on our team. If not, I’d pass.

I obviously am not thinking Porter Moser is on the level with three HOF coaches. I was just making a point.
You were trying to make a false point.

You aren't foolish enough to think I wanted anybody to compare Moser's first three year's at OU to HOF coaches' first three years when they started out coaching. What would that accomplish? Nothing, and you knew that, but doing the comparison the "right way" wouldn't let you make some illogical point.

So, congrats?

You were trying to make a false point.

You aren't foolish enough to think I wanted anybody to compare Moser's first three year's at OU to HOF coaches' first three years when they started out coaching. What would that accomplish? Nothing, and you knew that, but doing the comparison the "right way" wouldn't let you make some illogical point.

So, congrats?
You asked
How long did it take those guys to do that?
I answered.

UConn had missed 7 straight tourneys when Calhoun was hired. Iowa had made 1 in the 13 seasons before Lute. Nova had missed 3 of 4 when Wright was hired. But sure, comparing their first 3 years to Moser inheriting a program that had made 8 of 10 and 21 of 27 tourneys makes sense.

You asked

I answered.

In case you were wondering, Wichita had the correct answer.

"Come be Great at OU"

Obviously, the kid will probably head to Washington to follow his former HC, Danny Sprinkle. Or maybe he'll go pro. Really good player. Some call him Great. Yes, I'm done with the puns, lol.

The fact that OU has like no real momentum with any transfer means I would take anyone back. It’d be different if we knew for sure we were leading with a couple of better players.

The fact that OU has like no real momentum with any transfer means I would take anyone back. It’d be different if we knew for sure we were leading with a couple of better players.
LOL.

who said no real momentum? Bc you don’t hear it? We are 2 weeks in.

Did you marry your wife after 2 weeks or get to know her? (Hope this analogy doesn’t back fire)

I'm a little upset that OU hasn't hosted but one visitor, that we at least know about, but...

1) there's still a lot of time left post-dead period
2) a lot of kids will still hit the portal
3) fool's rush in (like Missouri)

I'm a little upset that OU hasn't hosted but one visitor, that we at least know about, but...

1) there's still a lot of time left post-dead period
2) a lot of kids will still hit the portal
3) fool's rush in (like Missouri)
My problem is that Pedulla and Overton don't move the needle much (edit: for me). If those are two we're landing, we still need an upgrade at the 5, and I'd argue we need a guard better than Pedulla and one between Pedulla and Overton. I don't see us landing Pedulla AND a better guard. And without Garrison, who knows at the 5.

We'll see. I'm trying to be patient, but this team really needs to find a really good guard. And I'm just not sure we will.

Last edited:
Back