MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

You were trying to make a false point.

You aren't foolish enough to think I wanted anybody to compare Moser's first three year's at OU to HOF coaches' first three years when they started out coaching. What would that accomplish? Nothing, and you knew that, but doing the comparison the "right way" wouldn't let you make some illogical point.

So, congrats?
I'll spell it out in greater detail for you next time instead of making a "quick" internet post and assuming you have common sense.

Thanks
You need to relax, dude. You are the last person who should be demanding answers when you avoid facts and proper discourse like the plague. Grow up and quit being a doucher all the time, it is exhausting. Just have a bourbon or seltzer and chill tf out.

On a positive note:

Could we in any way contact either of these guys ... please?

Yeah because that means it'll work for everyone....

Missouri last 3 years:

2022- Martin- 12-21- fans screaming for a new coach and Martin gets fired
2023- Gates goes 25-10- MU fans screaming they have the best coach ever
2024- Gates goes 8-24- Some MU fans now with buyer's remorse and want Gates fired because he wasn't really that good...

Be careful what you wish for. Grass isn't always greener yada yada :ROFLMAO:

Of course if everyone knew they were getting what ISU has had the last 3 seasons of course they would fire the current coach in a heartbeat. But with that in mind, ISU has had as many transfers as OU if not more most off seasons and yet the fans here are screaming that it won't work that way with Moser and OU.
Well, at least Mizzou has more to show than we do with their coach.

Not gonna lie this is a really weird post. I guess I’ll respond.

1. My post was in reference to an OU guy coming back. At this stage, it does not appear that OU is in the lead for anyone who is better than Oweh Uzan or JM. So I would 100% take one of them back unless they are a locker room cancer. Now, maybe that’ll change in the coming weeks.

2. Basketball and marriage aren’t even in the same realm in my brain lol. Your analogy does not work.
Weird analogy for sure but just because we don't hear about workings doesn't mean there isn't movement. And just remember that there is still a long way to go in portal season

Well, at least Mizzou has more to show than we do with their coach.
Is that the 1 NCAA tourney finish in 2 years he's been there

or

0-18 finish in conference

Both by the same guy.....Moser won 8 games in the Big 12 this year and 20 overall and is getting the same treatment by a lot of guys on this board.

If Moser (or any OU coach) ever goes 0-18 in conference, I'll be the first at their door to help them pack :ROFLMAO:

1. My post was in reference to an OU guy coming back. At this stage, it does not appear that OU is in the lead for anyone who is better than Oweh Uzan or JM. So I would 100% take one of them back unless they are a locker room cancer. Now, maybe that’ll change in the coming weeks.

2. Basketball and marriage aren’t even in the same realm in my brain lol. Your analogy does not work.
Oof, I misread your post as well. My bad. Probably because I'm on Scoop writing novels about why OU should build an on-campus arena. I'm really wasting my time with that stuff, lol.

Softball is a huge deal here. It’s not in the rest of the country like men’s basketball.
Softball is a big deal in other places, too. Not every other place, of course, and it's certainly not as widely popular as basketball, but OU fans are not alone in supporting softball. That said, OU softball is experiencing unprecedented success, which certainly helps, and has built a positive and inviting (to many) culture that is a big factor in that success.

The fact that OU has like no real momentum with any transfer means I would take anyone back. It’d be different if we knew for sure we were leading with a couple of better players.
Maybe if Yaya Keita were gone for sure.. but even then, idk if its worth it bc now they are quitters and there were chemistry/cancer issues that would be almost impossible to simply get over

Softball is a big deal in other places, too. Not every other place, of course, and it's certainly not as widely popular as basketball, but OU fans are not alone in supporting softball. That said, OU softball is experiencing unprecedented success, which certainly helps, and has built a positive and inviting (to many) culture that is a big factor in that success.
Lol. No other P5 college takes softball more serious over MBB. Not 1. Except.........you guessed it.............OU.

I do not want either of them back, they are just not good enough, let them transfer to another team
Ok I would like them back and do think they are good enough. They defend well and are solid athletes. I just think Uzan doesn’t need to be the primary guy, and Oweh should be a guard off the bench.

A Couple days ago he said he wouldn’t want Will Wade, because it wasn’t someone people would want marrying their daughters. That was a strange one to me too.

Lol. No other P5 college takes softball more serious over MBB. Not 1. Except.........you guessed it.............OU.
You are confusing winning at a GOAT level with "taking serious".

Did Alabama take football more seriously than everybody else over the last decade, or did they just find the GOAT to coach them?

Fact.....most of the money used for softball, specifically the new stadium, was donated for that specifically. And it was donated for that specifically because they have been winning at an unbelievable level.

Hence, if OU basketball wants a piece, they need to put a good product on the court first. The money comes second.

A Couple days ago he said he wouldn’t want Will Wade, because it wasn’t someone people would want marrying their daughters. That was a strange one to me too.
He said he didn’t want will wade because “would you want your daughter marrying a drug smuggler” or something like that. Weird.

What is the driving force for going for mid-major players who post gaudy stats against lesser opponents? Tanner Groves was Ok but didn't get us over the hump and he posted really good numbers at a school that was barely considered a mid-major. If he doesn't have that big tournament game he probably graduates from Eastern Michigan.

What is the driving force for going for mid-major players who post gaudy stats against lesser opponents? Tanner Groves was Ok but didn't get us over the hump and he posted really good numbers at a school that was barely considered a mid-major. If he doesn't have that big tournament game he probably graduates from Eastern Michigan.
It’s not black and white. Some of them end up being great, some good, and some terrible. Tennessee obviously hit the jackpot with a guy who wasn’t exactly at the top of transfer rankings a year ago. This is where coaches need to earn their keep when they evaluate guys. Distinguishing between guys who put up numbers simply because they play on a bad team and/or against bad competition from the guys who are good enough to also be impact guys in a P5.

Back