MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Agree that he’s a good bench piece, hard pass on playing him at the 4. Can’t defend a 4 man every play.
Yeah, wouldn't be likely. Hypothesizing without looking at future opponents/rosters (that are incomplete anyway). Probably not going to face a team with "twin towers".

I love Sam.

As a backup getting 15 ish minutes per game. Dependent upon matchups, injuries, etc. Maybe even as a 4 with another 5, at times.
Last season, Sam averaged 13 minutes. This season, he averaged 19 minutes and that was with an out-of-shape and then injured Hugley. It's not as though he was played 30+ minutes a game.

No doubt has to be something big for us. Don’t know what else this could be about 😉
I deleted. I figured it meant a big national portal entry.

It ended up being about Skyy Clark committing to UCLA. Lame.

A Sooner fan on the Trilly discord brought this kid up.

1712203712314.png

I saw him hit the portal but it didn't really dawn on me at the time.

From Allen, TX. He was offered by OU. It was the last staff though, right before the coaching change.

I see workable clay. Earlier we were talking about the Traore kid. Comparatively, I'd prefer Corhen. Much better athlete. Especially if we're talking an extra depth big.

Definitely not a outside shooting big. Has good touch around the rim though/decent jumper close to the basket. Would need to get stronger and fight for more rebounds. I see something though. It's like the opposite of the Traore kid...who I didn't love. His knees threw me off.

Last edited:
Last season, Sam averaged 13 minutes. This season, he averaged 19 minutes and that was with an out-of-shape and then injured Hugley. It's not as though he was played 30+ minutes a game.
You're right. 10-13 mpg would have been better said. It really just depends on who else is brought in. IMO, Sam is a tough ass hombre and is definitely someone you'd call serviceable...he's just limited in a variety of ways.

Sam Godwin is a good basketball player. FYI.
You're right. 10-13 mpg would have been better said. It really just depends on who else is brought in. IMO, Sam is a tough ass hombre and is definitely someone you'd call serviceable...he's just limited in a variety of ways.
Very much this.

I think Sam has done admirably. But he is not a Power 5/6 starter IMO. I think he is a proper bench big for us who works his butt off and I am happy he is in a Sooner uniform.

Teddy Lehman and Gabe Ikard have a very interesting discussion about frequent transfers on the latest episode of their podcast. These are two former athletes who very much support athletes (collegiate and pro) getting all the money they can (to the podcast's detriment at times, in my opinion--sometimes I think they talk too often about athletes getting big paydays). But here they talk about what's lost when a collegiate athlete jumps from program to program in search of a bigger payout. I didn't note exactly when the topic arose--I would estimate it's about an hour and 25 minutes in or so.

Back