MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

It won’t matter much with the current construction of our front court.

Moore is going to have to be a first team AA for us to have any hope.
Not really. It's not like we have to play Kansas, Houston, Baylor, Iowa State on the road next year. Margin isn't as thin anymore. Looking at the conference schedule I can see about 11 wins if the team is at the same level as they've been the last few years.

Not really. It's not like we have to play Kansas, Houston, Baylor, Iowa State on the road next year. Margin isn't as thin anymore. Looking at the conference schedule I can see about 11 wins if the team is at the same level as they've been the last few years.
Man would I love to bet on this!

I don't know if this team is as good as the last few years though.
Last "few years?" I mean, we were terrible two years ago, so I sure hope we are at least on par with that squad. I think last year's team may have managed to go .500 in the SEC. Best case, 10-8. I see us being worse next year, so 11 wins would be a huge stretch.

Last "few years?" I mean, we were terrible two years ago, so I sure hope we are at least on par with that squad. I think last year's team may have managed to go .500 in the SEC. Best case, 10-8. I see us being worse next year, so 11 wins would be a huge stretch.
Where would you set the over/under on total wins next year for this team, 'ol wise one?

18? 17? 15?

Man would I love to bet on this!

Where would you set the over/under on total wins next year for this team, 'ol wise one?

18? 17? 15?
Here we go boys, to help with some numbers (using KP):

1715787615049.png

18? 17? 15?
I could give the very easy answer as "fewer than needed to make the tournament." But I will be happy to answer it specifically once we see the schedule. It's entirely possible Moser will schedule enough automatic (and meaningless) wins in the noncon to inflate the win total. As of now, we only know of two games (Central Arkansas and Michigan). Once we know the rest, and know for certain what our roster is, I think it's fun to do preseason over/unders.

It's possible to play good team defense without having a monster in the middle.
Sure, but it’s much harder, particularly when you can’t guard the ball one on one, which has been a big problem under Moser.

Sure, but it’s much harder, particularly when you can’t guard the ball one on one, which has been a big problem under Moser.
I don't know if I agree with this as much as the way they handle "switching" or lack there of with teams that run high pnr type offenses. On the ball one on one stuff seems to be ok for the most part. Guys have seemed lost or without a plan when teams run pnr against Moser for some weird reason.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fdfc006ec-ce8f-4a5e-9f57-d8fabe1f7c49_1908x2540.png
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc894ecb0-18e9-4d45-8c1a-a03d0e90aaba_2132x2540.png

Last edited:
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fdfc006ec-ce8f-4a5e-9f57-d8fabe1f7c49_1908x2540.png
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc894ecb0-18e9-4d45-8c1a-a03d0e90aaba_2132x2540.png

Just no excuse for OU to not be in the place of Tech in each graph.

Also look at that wake forest overperforming. I'm going to keep my eye on steve forbes, their coach. Alum of southern Arkansas, so familiar with our area

Still tech tho
Oh for sure. I didn't say I liked it lol

Lubbock is literally my least favorite place in the United States, by far.

Awful awful awful place. Dust, wind, crappy people and University...just awful awful.

Two away football games I went to were just terrible (Murray injury as well). Also, every soccer tournament there was like 40+ MPH winds and just, the worst.

Back