Missouri might be the Big 12 favorite next season...

thebigabd

Reaction score
KU, UT, A&M, and K-State lose some key players and Mizzou is sitting here at 19-7 (7-4) with their top 3 scorers being sophomores and the 4th leading scoring is a junior. Add an outstanding recruiting class to English, Bowers, Safford, Denmon, and Dixon and you have a great team.

PG: Mike Dixon (averaging 8 per game in 17 minutes in a backup role)
SG: Marcus Denmon (Averaging 11 a game as a soph, 43% from 3pt line)
SF: Kim English (All Conference caliber player. Averaging 15 a game as soph)
PF: Laurence Bowers (averaging 11 and 6 as a soph)
PF: Justin Safford (averaging 9 and 4 as a junior)

Bench: Tony Mitchell, Miguel Paul, Phil Pressey, and a combo of 4-5 other guys that will be freshman or redshirt freshman.

They should have a big time team next year.

Yeah I think they are really going to be good next season and frankly are a pretty good team this season. Our win against them is one of our more impressive wins.

Next season they really could win the Big XII.

There's going to be some big time teams (Arkansas, maybe?) coming after Anderson in the next few years.

Probably be improved, but still won't be as good as KU (probably not KSU). Tigers do lose Taylor and Tiller. Not scrubs.

they lose quite a bit defensively at the point. size and strength. but yeah, they should be a contender. i don't think there's going to be a clear cut preseason favorite.

hard to pick anyone but ku when no one can beat them (and they'll still have great talent).

He said "might be" and its hard to disagree with what he said. Of course KU will be up there as well.

Tony Mitchell is going to be a great player... but he will be a great player in Europe or the NBA developmental league. His handlers did him no favors by shuffling him around to 3 different high schools in 3 years. If he had signed with UK, I am sure those transcript issues would have worked themselves out... But I don't think Anderson and staff are going there.

Missouri will be tough next year as every year with that system. They are an extremely entertaining team to watch. I think Bowers is the key to that team. That kid is going to be a star.

How's Baylor looking next year DFW?

Depends a lot on if Udoh returns. If he's top 20, he'll go. If not, he'll return. They only lose Carter and Lomers otherwise. And they bring in Perry Jones- McD AA and Stargell Love- very athletic guard. Tweety Carter's heart and leadership will be tough to replace. He played two games last week with a terrible case of the flu. Couldn't hold down food all week. And yet gutted it out and played pretty well in both games.

Who is going to be the point next year for Baylor DFW?
Seems like without Tweety that could be a big drop off.

Also any chance Lace takes advantage of a weak draft and goes pro?

KU will be very interesting next year. You have quite a few different scenarios based on Xavier either staying or going. I personally think he goes and Josh Selby signs with KU. Here is what I think the lineup looks like:

PG: Tyshawn Taylor

SG: Josh Selby

SF: Brady Morningstar

PF: Marcus Morris

C: Markieff Morris

Bench: Elijah Johnson, Tyrel Reed, Thomas Robinson, Jeff Withey, Travis Releford, Royce Woolridge, Mario Little

KU will be deep and talented but not dominant like this year. I think they will compete for the conference championship with Moo, KSU, and UT.

Oh yeah, here's what Josh Selby looks like.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36td_ejDRJ8[/ame]

No chance Marcus goes pro based on the big numbers he is putting up in big 12 play and maybe a big NCAA tournament run?

Who is going to be the point next year for Baylor DFW?
Seems like without Tweety that could be a big drop off.

Also any chance Lace takes advantage of a weak draft and goes pro?

AJ Walton will be the PG. Stargell Love will back him up. I doubt Lace will go pro this year. There's an injury issue that has pro scouts backing off. Kind of a DeJuan Blair situation. But I personally think there is a spot in the league for him. But he'll likely return for his senior year.

No chance Marcus goes pro based on the big numbers he is putting up in big 12 play and maybe a big NCAA tournament run?

I think that's always a chance. The thing that might keep him at KU another year is the fact that he's not super athletic for an NBA PF. He's saying the right things right now but we all know that can change. I think he comes back next year but you never know.

Tony Mitchell is going to be a great player... but he will be a great player in Europe or the NBA developmental league. His handlers did him no favors by shuffling him around to 3 different high schools in 3 years. If he had signed with UK, I am sure those transcript issues would have worked themselves out... But I don't think Anderson and staff are going there.

dfw, do you have any more info tm's situation? i know a little bit, but i'd love to hear more. feel free to pm if you don't want to post.

i thought his mother was either incredibly selfish, stupid, or both to pull him out of center of life in miami, but, of course i don't really know what's going on at pinkston. maybe it still has a chance to work out?

if it doesn't work out for him, it will be very sad, because mitchell seems like a genuinely good kid. and not at all stupid. maybe just a little too trusting/passive.

I'll take Kansas, they do lose some key players but they are still really young and will be really good next year.

dfw, do you have any more info tm's situation? i know a little bit, but i'd love to hear more. feel free to pm if you don't want to post.

i thought his mother was either incredibly selfish, stupid, or both to pull him out of center of life in miami, but, of course i don't really know what's going on at pinkston. maybe it still has a chance to work out?

if it doesn't work out for him, it will be very sad, because mitchell seems like a genuinely good kid. and not at all stupid. maybe just a little too trusting/passive.

sent you a pm. If you post on ksufans or emaw.com, I don't really care. Just don't source the contact on it.

Mizzou just doesn't impress me that much. That lineup ABD showed for next year isn't all that impressive to me. Not one of those guys are 1st or 2nd team all league guys to me.
I think KU, KSU, Texas and Baylor all finish higher than Mizzou next year.
Regarding KU, I think they will be loaded next year and compete for another national championship.

Mizzou just doesn't impress me that much. That lineup ABD showed for next year isn't all that impressive to me. Not one of those guys are 1st or 2nd team all league guys to me.
I think KU, KSU, Texas and Baylor all finish higher than Mizzou next year.
Regarding KU, I think they will be loaded next year and compete for another national championship.

I agree. I'm still not a huge fan of Anderson either. He'll put together some good teams, just not sure he'll ever have a top 2 in the Big 12 team. I don't think that style plays well against upper talent.

Back