Missouri might be the Big 12 favorite next season...

There's a good chance the Big 12 won't even exist in 10 years.

With the Big 10 and now Pac 10 looking to expand, the conferences could all look different in a couple years. Colorado is among the favorites to join the Pac 10, and Missouri may be invited to the Big 10 (which I go back and forth on... but ultimately I think you HAVE to take the invite because of the increased revenue for both athletics and academics).

If the Big 12 loses Colorado and Missouri, who's going to take their places? I'm sure you could get a couple schools like TCU or Houston to jump on an offer... but they add very little. They could expand to the west and grab schools like New Mexico or Boise State... but that's a looong trip for Iowa State, Nebraska, kansas, etc.

And worse yet... what if the Pac 10 takes Texas and Texas A&M? Probably not likely, but it could happen. That would be devastating.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see 16+ team conferences in the relatively near future. It works for the Big East.

There's a good chance the Big 12 won't even exist in 10 years.

With the Big 10 and now Pac 10 looking to expand, the conferences could all look different in a couple years. Colorado is among the favorites to join the Pac 10, and Missouri may be invited to the Big 10 (which I go back and forth on... but ultimately I think you HAVE to take the invite because of the increased revenue for both athletics and academics).

If the Big 12 loses Colorado and Missouri, who's going to take their places? I'm sure you could get a couple schools like TCU or Houston to jump on an offer... but they add very little. They could expand to the west and grab schools like New Mexico or Boise State... but that's a looong trip for Iowa State, Nebraska, kansas, etc.

And worse yet... what if the Pac 10 takes Texas and Texas A&M? Probably not likely, but it could happen. That would be devastating.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see 16+ team conferences in the relatively near future. It works for the Big East.

I just really can't see those happening though I could be wrong.

I could see Colorado or Mizzou leaving but I don't see anyone else leaving. The Big 10 is going after either Pitt or Rutgers most likely. I would think Memphis will then go to the Big East. Colorado going to the PAC 10 has a chance of happening. We'll probably end up taking either Utah or BYU even though that's a bad choice IMO.

I think Mizzou is a more attractive option than either Pittsburgh or Rutgers. The Big 10 is going to expand on a purely financial basis, so I don't think Pitt adds much (they already have the Pennsylvania market with PSU). Rutgers is in a HUGE market... but how many actual Rutgers fans live in NYC? I doubt there are really that many. It doesn't seem like a big college football area to me. Rutgers' football attendance record is just 53k, for example. Mizzou's average is significantly higher. That doesn't necessarily mean there isn't interest with people in front of their TV... but I really don't think many people there care about Rutgers.

If MU and Colorado leave, I don't think there are any really good replacement options.

I would be willing to bet that no team in any of the six power conferences wins 8 out of 10 conference championships in the next 10 years. And yes that includes the mighty Kansas. Look at North Carolina this year.

Willing to bet? When KU wins it this year that will be 8 out of the last 10. You would have lost that bet. :D
And what's NC this year have to do with anything? I didn't say 10 out of 10. 8 out of 10 gives you 2 bad years. If memory serves me right UNC won the national championship last year.
The run Self is on and looking at the current roster towards the future he's doing a remarkable job gathering and spacing out talent amongst classes.

Well, KU is about to wrap up 6 out of the last 7. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. Especially with a conference that is split into two divisions and the best team is in the weaker division.

Self is 89-18 in Big 12 play for .826%.
It helps when you get to play the actual best team in the conference without their best player, especially when that best player wins the Wooden Award, and is drafted #1 overall.

Not impressed by Self. Got beat by Sean Sutton.

It helps when you get to play the actual best team in the conference without their best player, especially when that best player wins the Wooden Award, and is drafted #1 overall.

KU started Brady Morningstar last year shouldn't of mattered.
The North was tougher than the South last year so OU had that advantage.
You can play that game every season. All that matters is the final scores.
Really OU should have beat KU last year in Norman without Blake.
The same things that have plagued this team lost that game...the inability to stop anyone defensively.

Texas Tech in football on the other hand only has a tradition because they played in SWC.

Do you even know what you're talking about? Tech had ZERO outright SWC Football titles. Their best stretch of football has been in the Big XII, not the SWC. But the SWC was a very tough conference for the majority of its life. It was in the late stages that it went to hell.

Back on topic.

Udoh and Dunn will be returning for BU (yes, they will be back), and the addition of a one/done, top 5 player like Perry Jones will make us very difficult to contend with. We will really miss Tweety though. I expect to see Acy continue to improve as well. He has a little midrange jumper, but rarely uses it.

KU started Brady Morningstar last year shouldn't of mattered.
The North was tougher than the South last year so OU had that advantage.
You can play that game every season. All that matters is the final scores.
Really OU should have beat KU last year in Norman without Blake.
The same things that have plagued this team lost that game...the inability to stop anyone defensively.
The season series was split between the North and the South, so, you're wrong. (again)

Note: The again is for your statement that Texas was "by far" the second best program of the Big 12. That statement got destroyed and ripped apart, by me, with facts. You failed to respond.

You can't just say wrong things.

You can play that game every season.
I definitely can if I had the whim or felt like it, but I'm not. I picked one game. OU was ranked #2 before Blake went down, and it took until the NCAA Tournament for them to get going.

In closing.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9RaWzg14iQ[/ame]

It's not imaginable for a fan of OU basketball to say that about Texas basketball.

Last edited:
Missouri is now 20-7, 8-4 with all those sophomores... Marcus Denmon (soph) had 24 points to lead the way in Lincoln today.

They are a good club, and getting better.

Of course it helps, but what about the other 4 years? KU deserved to win the title last year despite getting OU w/o Blake. They overachieved and had a terrific season. OU still had a chance to tie KU for overall record.

Blake played in the game against Missouri and the game against OSU in the conference tourney. They lost both games, so let's not act as if KU couldn't have beaten OU with Blake.

The bottom line is even if you toss out last year's conference title as lucky you still have 4 others.

It's amazing that after this year Bill Self will have won (or tied) 10 out of the last 12 conference championships he's been involved in. That is unbelievable.

Missouri is now 20-7, 8-4 with all those sophomores... Marcus Denmon (soph) had 24 points to lead the way in Lincoln today.

They are a good club, and getting better.

Yep, Mizzou has a really nice team and Mike Anderson has done a terrific job there. It's really hard for me because I really like Anderson! :)

It's amazing that after this year Bill Self will have won (or tied) 10 out of the last 12 conference championships he's been involved in. That is unbelievable.

I freaking hate KU and might be tempted to rejoice if Allen Field House was the site of world's next major terrorist event (I wouldn't really do that, I hate terrorists more than KU) but I have to agree. Self is a really good coach. It isn't just luck.

Of course it helps, but what about the other 4 years? KU deserved to win the title last year despite getting OU w/o Blake. They overachieved and had a terrific season. OU still had a chance to tie KU for overall record.

Blake played in the game against Missouri and the game against OSU in the conference tourney. They lost both games, so let's not act as if KU couldn't have beaten OU with Blake.

The bottom line is even if you toss out last year's conference title as lucky you still have 4 others.

Again, I only referenced one year, and one game.

I freaking hate KU and might be tempted to rejoice if Allen Field House was the site of world's next major terrorist event (I wouldn't really do that, I hate terrorists more than KU) but I have to agree. Self is a really good coach. It isn't just luck.

LOL. I would hate him too. Like I said above, it's really hard for me to like Anderson with him being Mizzou's coach but he is doing it the right way and seems to be a great guy.

damn you Kelvin Sampson for not leaving three weeks earlier

Again, I only referenced one year, and one game.

True, and I addressed that single year. Your post seemed a little odd though considering the discussion was about KU doing it multiple years. So to that point it could be seen that your post, while referencing one year, was trying to cast doubt on the entire point. That's why I said what I said.

For what it's worth, kansas did choose to name themselves after terrorists... so don't feel bad about celebrating.

Back