My favorite part of Cam's game

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
is his midrange jumper. The guy is flat out lethal from the midrange, which is sort of a lost art in modern college basketball. Think Rip Hamilton. He is really going to make a nice weapon from the wing. He also worked very hard this summer to add consistency to his long range game, and it paid off in events like the Nike World games where he was cosistently over 50% from deep.

We need him to continue to improve on his handles and his rebounding, but man, am I excited about what this guy can bring to the table.

You can bet that OUHoops.com will be there for the Sherman/Denison match up to get you guys footage of Cam and TJ battling it out!

Bigtime, is Cam a 1 and done type of player? Or will he be like willie and play 2 years?

Bigtime, is Cam a 1 and done type of player? Or will he be like willie and play 2 years?

Lucky,

I really think he will actually be a 3-4 year guy. He certainly has the talent to be in the league, but he needs to improve on some things as a guard (mainly dribbling) first. Think James Anderson in the sense that James had to learn to be a guard after he got to college.

Thanks big.....wow that could be scary for the big 12 then when TMG is a senior and Clark is a junior...that would be a deadly duo

Thanks big.....wow that could be scary for the big 12 then when TMG is a senior and Clark is a junior...that would be a deadly duo

I agree. Add in another 3-4 guy (Ray McCallum) and Oklahoma could be really dangerous during TMG's senior year.

That's great to hear about his mid-range game. College men's game had deteriorated into slam dunks or shots from "downtown"( damn! I'm beginning to hate that phrase!). Stop and pop looks like an area that anyone who is skilled at it could make a good living and most anyone can acquire that skill. Not everyone can play "Horse" under the basket or shoot from the next county, but that 10-15 footer should be deadly.

Based on the relatively few videos I've seen, athletically he looks like a bigger, better version of Austin Johnson with more height, size and explosiveness. Before I get ripped, go look at AJ's HS mix tapes and see some of the stuff that he was doing athletically. That said, the James Anderson comparison fits well here too as he looks to be a guy that will need to work on his handle a little bit from the outside. I'd guess 3-4 years is about right and a program NEEDS guys like that to succeed long-term.

My ONLY concern is one that I have with every small forward/shooting guard at this stage, and it is whether their ability to make it into the lane will translate to the next level. TC was a guy said to be an athlete that could get into the lane at will in HS; now he avoids it like the plague and is pretty much a solid defender and three point shooter (not saying that is bad, just saying). To me that is what makes a guy like WW special, quick first step and going hard after the rim, excellent finisher that is not afraid of contact. THAT is what I hope Cam can evolve into as it is as much mental as physical, and if you can have that attribute, it REALLY opens up your game.

Pledger and Fitz would be SRs on that team as well, that team would definitely be very competitive national.

Right now in TMG's SR year we would have

PG TMG (SR)
SG Pledger (SR)
SF Clark (JR)
PF Fitz (SR)
C Peters (Sophomore)

First guard off the bench TJ Taylor plus whatever talented recruits Capel gets to fill in the team over the next couple years.

Last edited:
Back