Nathan Rawlins-Kibonge

Darwin

Reaction score
Only because it's a slow off season. Nathan Rawlins-Kibonge a 2021 verbal to pac12 WSU basketball squad is leaning to a football commit to OU as a D end at 6'7" 240. I love the size and perhaps he tries to go 2 sports before he is done.

Only because it's a slow off season. Nathan Rawlins-Kibonge a 2021 verbal to pac12 WSU basketball squad is leaning to a football commit to OU as a D end at 6'7" 240. I love the size and perhaps he tries to go 2 sports before he is done.

Word has it he wants to play both sports and that Coach Kruger has been involved in his recruitment.

Doesn’t take away a scholarship, and he’ll provide a better body than any walk-on big man. Heard he was all basketball & last year was his 1st playing football & already an elite recruit.

16 points 14 rebounds and 6 blocks per game isn’t too shabby - I wonder how good his HS competition is??

16 points 14 rebounds and 6 blocks per game isn’t too shabby - I wonder how good his HS competition is??

He is at an Oregon powerhouse. He is facing the best competition in his state. Not sure how it compares elsewhere, but it probably isn't terrible.

Notable alumni from Jefferson include Terrence Jones/Kentucky, Terrence Ross/Washington, Aaron Miles/KU, Thomas Gardner/Missouri, Michael Lee/KU, and current UT player Kamaka Hepa among many. Best program in Oregon.

Two sports stars rarely work out as planned, but Rawlins-Kibonge could play for me if I was the coach. As Darwin pointed out earlier, he was a Washington State commit in basketball before he shot up the board as a defensive end in football. So, it’s not like he can’t ball a little.

He also has a 4.0 GPA which helps the team’s grade average. Being a good student might also mean he can play two sports and still do well academically, not an easy task for most student athletes.

Junior highlight video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFoaCrUr7CY

Lots of people think that even if he commits, he'll flip if he receives an offer from Stanford, but what the heck, it's worth the risk, I think.

Lots of people think that even if he commits, he'll flip if he receives an offer from Stanford, but what the heck, it's worth the risk, I think.

good school. who could blame him.

I believe he has a Stanford offer....they will be a contender to the end (even with an OU commitment coming soon), imo. Jamar Cain doing work for OU recruiting.

He could be intriguing for LK's squad for sure.

I believe he has a Stanford offer....they will be a contender to the end (even with an OU commitment coming soon), imo. Jamar Cain doing work for OU recruiting.

Someone in an article I read said Stanford "can't begin the acceptance process for another month or so." They're definitely recruiting him but perhaps can't offer yet? Not sure.

And Cain definitely seems to be the key to OU gaining more traction with the young man.

Someone in an article I read said Stanford "can't begin the acceptance process for another month or so." They're definitely recruiting him but perhaps can't offer yet? Not sure.

And Cain definitely seems to be the key to OU gaining more traction with the young man.

Stanford has offered but he doesn't know if he will be accepted to the school.

We could certainly use some muscle on the inside. We have been light for many years now.

OU is in very very good shape on this one it will be a surprise if he doesn't pick OU

I think the plan right now is yes (and that is helping football)

what are you hearing ??

Agreed. Word is Kruger is involved in his recruitment, so that seems to confirm the two sports plan is legit.

If he was a receiver, running back, or even defensive back i'd be all in for it. But his position needs year round strength and conditioning, if he's going to be worth anything in football. He's already slight of build, and will need the OU strength coaches to stay on him. Leaving for basketball when he should be weight training during the off season could really set him back.

Just adding to what Ada and others have said, OU is killing it with their virtual visits for football recruits. They tailor each visit to cover things important to that particular recruit. On NRK’s visit they had Lon speak to him about playing basketball and showed him the facilities.

I like seeing the imagination used by some during these trying times. You can look at this all as tragic or you can use it and advance with change.

Back