Nebraska is 0-5... is that good or bad?

thebigabd

Reaction score
They played KU close at home, lost to ISU close at home, lost a close one in College Station, and have been blown out at Mizzou and were down 21 to Colorado last night in Boulder.

0-5, close games, desperate for a win, etc. Is that good or bad for OU? Or does it matter at all?

Nebraska is so young, I feel bad for Doc. New point guard (Jeter), new shooting guard (Jones), new center (Diaz), and new power forward (Standhardinger). He has 4 starters who have never played college basketball. Then you have Quincy Hankins, Rayes Gallegos, and Brandon Ubel who are freshman in the regular rotation.

Standhardinger and Diaz are nice young freshman in the post, but they are freshman. Diaz is a skilled 6'11'' player who can block shots and hit jumpers, while Standhardinger can score from everywhere and works really hard around the basket. That is a really good combo for them in the future, but they are struggling to score right now.

Trying not to think in the view of wins and losses...just improvement.

With that said, this would be a real bad loss.

They will be hungry for a win and they play pretty well at home. Add to the fact that we cant win on the road

I say we have a 10% chance of winning, JMO

If we have Willie and TC back, we win. If we are still missing those two, it's going to be a tough out.

We NEED to win this one if we want to play in the postseason (NIT).

I don't think we have targets on our backs. OU is desperate! We can't afford to miss our NIT ticket by losing to lowly NU. We need to win this game.

OU is due to get ahead on the road and hold on...I think we'll be ready to go. For some reason, I think someone outside of Tommy will step up to help the team out big time. (Willie)

We actually match up well against those guys......especially if Crocker plays.

This might be their best chance to win one for a while so i'm sure they'll be gunnin' for us. That might be bad, but, there's a reason they are 0-5.

Should we win Yes
Can we win Yes

Will We win who knows
Depends on which team shows up, if we play with heart on the defensive end and unselfish on the offensive end This is very, very winnable

Perimeter defense is an issue. They're not statistically a great shooting bunch, but we cant let guys like Chris Colvin at ISU do things they typically don't do.

I think it's good. Means they aren't very good. If Crock and WW play OU handles them.

I can't pick OU on a road game right now.

Back