Next Year's Roster

Re: MBB TPT2 TRANSFER PORTAL THREAD 2

i mean it is a factual take

It's also factual to say that we thumped the overall #1 seed in the Tournament. That is factual. How you interpret what that actually means, if anything, is not factual.

Actually, much like the other poster I corrected, it just shows that some of you aren't capable of connecting dots. That isn't my fault, and honestly, I don't have all day to walk you thru it.

If you are going to use wins and close losses against Tourney teams as some gauge to how good we almost were, don't get mad when I cherry pick wins and close losses to Tourney teams for other "bad" programs. Anybody that watched OU on the court over the entire season knows we were not a very good team. Period. Shouldn't be up for debate. Only the die-hard OU fans that can NEVER say anything negative about the program disagree. Neutral fans? People not close to the OU program? They don't think we're all that close.

I can say negative things about the program. We had a bad season but we were way more competitive than some of you guys want to admit. Really BAD teams we not going to dominate Bama like we did. They would not compete with Texas like we did. They aren't going to beat KSU like we did.

I wouldn't call this team GOOD.....but they were pretty competitive in a LOT of games. They also had their fair share of bad losses. I can admit that much....but they are NOT far off from being a pretty decent team.

For me, it is just annoying watching a lot of you guys pile on about this group being trash and all the players being garbage, etc. Basketball is a sport where 1 or 2 guys can change the complexity of the entire roster. We have guys who would be REALLY good role players on a good team and could develop into really solid guys. We need some shooting and a couple of athletic bigs in my opinion and we will take the next step. Will it be a final four team? probably not...but it can definitely be a tournament team.

If I seemed like I was attacking you in my last post I apologize. Thanks

NCS = basketball god

Everything I say is just my own opinion.....but I will say I have been a basketball coach for 28 years at the high school and small college levels. That doesn't mean much but I am not talking basketball because I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. I know a little bit about the game. LOL

I also can take my share of criticism. Everyone doesn't have to agree with me.

Everything I say is just my own opinion.....but I will say I have been a basketball coach for 28 years at the high school and small college levels. That doesn't mean much but I am not talking basketball because I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. I know a little bit about the game. LOL

Fair enough. But that wasnt how you framed your post against WT. It was framed as tho its the irrefutable truth. We all just have opinions.

The only way we would have been close to being a top 25 team this season would have been if they expanded the top 25 to include 60 teams. Then we would have been just outside the cut line.

Just about every team in a power conference can say they would have been ranked IF they had won a few more games. Much like I would have been a pro baseball player if I were a better hitter and fielder. The difference between good teams and bad teams is winning games, so sure, if we had been good enough to do that, we would have been having an entirely different conversation.

The only way we would have been close to being a top 25 team this season would have been if they expanded the top 25 to include 60 teams. Then we would have been just outside the cut line.

Just about every team in a power conference can say they would have been ranked IF they had won a few more games. Much like I would have been a pro baseball player if I were a better hitter and fielder. The difference between good teams and bad teams is winning games, so sure, if we had been good enough to do that, we would have been having an entirely different conversation.

This.

Im sure half of the board is tired of *****ing about how we werent good. But the other half is prolly tired of hearing how "competitive" we were in our "good" losses. I get it tho, that side at least can see the glass half full.

I just want us to be top 2-3 in the conference again where we belong. *cries to his picture of Kelvin Sampson*

I think we have lots of areas to upgrade.

3 ships.

Center #1 priority.
Scoring guard #2
best athletic PF you can find #3

I want them to keep recruiting HS well. Ill take 2 guys each year like Cole, Kooper and Otega and milos...

Fill in from there.

Im not a huge Jacob fan but he can play the 3/4 at times and if he makes shots.

Agree on everything....except somewhat for JG. Yes, if he makes 3s....great. But if he ends up getting alot of minutes regardless, I don't believe that is a good sign.

Agree on everything....except somewhat for JG. Yes, if he makes 3s....great. But if he ends up getting alot of minutes regardless, I don't believe that is a good sign.

I see a lot of dumping on J Groves but his stats were not terrible.....
6.8 ppg
he shot 43.8% from the field
38% from 3
70.8 % from the FT
rebounds only 2.5 BUT

he is a decent backup.....as long as he isn't relied on to start and play 30+ mpg he isn't bad.

Now, on the flip side, I would love to use that scholarship on a better player but I won't be super upset if he stays and is a role player coming off the bench.

6.8 ppg
38% from 3
70.8 % from the FT
rebounds only 2.5 BUT

he is a decent backup.....as long as he isn't relied on to start and play 30+ mpg he isn't bad.

Now, on the flip side, I would love to use that scholarship on a better player but I won't be super upset if he stays and is a role player coming off the bench.

I think most of us agree with you on being ok if he stays as nothing but depth off the bench, but I fear that if he stays, Moser will still play him 15+ mins. If we have 7 or 8 guys who are clearly better than the rest of the roster, I would prefer he just go the Bill Self route and shorten the bench. KU had some guys who rarely saw the floor, despite being better than most/all of our bench. You can get by playing a tight rotation in college if you stay as healthy as we did this season.

6.8 ppg
38% from 3
70.8 % from the FT
rebounds only 2.5 BUT

speaking as someone that isn't a big fan...that's the rub. Hopefully porter either has recruited over him or realizes he isn't a starter or big min guy. That's our fear....he'll be a starter.

JG is a perfectly fine backup. Like Cortes would be a perfectly fine starter at a Community College.

This is cute. "Bijan brings out the weird in this fan base" is what I stated last week and sure enough. Me messing around brings out 3 weirdos standing up for a guy that averaged 3.4 ppg, was a JAG in all facets except passing, and he's literally left the program. Regardless, his offer list and who he's heard from proves my point on him. But hey, you guys keep on keeping on.

This is cute. "Bijan brings out the weird in this fan base" is what I stated last week and sure enough. Me messing around brings out 3 weirdos standing up for a guy that averaged 3.4 ppg, was a JAG in all facets except passing, and he's literally left the program. Regardless, his offer list and who he's heard from proves my point on him. But hey, you guys keep on keeping on.

No community colleges derp.

Can you make it through a post about him without using your favorite little acronym?

Which day next week is the championship parade in Chapel Hill?

Back