Next Year's Roster

Did anyone watch any of the high school nationals on TV last weekend? Cole's team won, but I didn't realize at the time that they were playing. I haven't had any luck finding box scores or stats, but none of the articles I have found even mention Cole, so he must not have been a standout.

Did anyone watch any of the high school nationals on TV last weekend? Cole's team won, but I didn't realize at the time that they were playing. I haven't had any luck finding box scores or stats, but none of the articles I have found even mention Cole, so he must not have been a standout.

Pretty sure Cole has been injured

Only played 8 mins. Still slowly coming back from ACL

Sherfield going pro. Good luck, Grant!

So as far as people that got run last year we'll return Uzan, Oweh, and Godwin?

Yikes.

Yikes is right. Hard to be positive with what we are looking at currently.

I watched the second half of the Link v. Paul VI. Cole didn't even touch the ball. Ja'Kobe Walter scored 30+. Great for us, huh?

I found this.

https://hsbasketballnationals.com/

Oh I make WAY more at the HS level. Small college ball you're often lucky if you make $50k. I make $30k more than I would be making at the college. I am also coaching/teaching HS back in Texas now...which also makes a difference.

just curious...obviously your HS salary includes teaching...(I've heard some fball coaches, JUST coach and make 60/70/80K...we had a coach from KC (coached darren sproles in HS.).supposedly went to texas and just coached made the same.

assuming small college ball ya maybe taught 1 or 2 classes but basically coached?

just curious...obviously your HS salary includes teaching...(I've heard some fball coaches, JUST coach and make 60/70/80K...we had a coach from KC (coached darren sproles in HS.).supposedly went to texas and just coached made the same.

assuming small college ball ya maybe taught 1 or 2 classes but basically coached?

I actually coached part-time at the university and made 23k just for that...then I taught at a HS. The FT university gig paid in the low-mid 40s (I make more than both of those salaries combined here but I do teach)

The only guys I know that don't teach are the AD's (usually the head football coaches)

My ku co-worker said ku has like 4-5 guys coming back with experience for reference.

They’ll have Harris, Adams, and the two freshmen bigs who barely played this season. The rest will be incoming freshmen and transfers.

I actually coached part-time at the university and made 23k just for that...then I taught at a HS. The FT university gig paid in the low-mid 40s (I make more than both of those salaries combined here but I do teach)

The only guys I know that don't teach are the AD's (usually the head football coaches)

Ah…

Javian McCollum visiting tomorrow.

Do we want?

I don't pretend to be an expert at player assessment. Far from it. But this guy doesn't appear to move the needle even a little bit.

He averaged the same number of points in the MAAC that Sherfield did in the Big 12. He had slightly fewer rebounds than Sherfield, slightly more assists (.6 per game), 43% shooting to Sherfield's 40%. Shot nearly 4% worse from deep than Grant, about 3% better from the charity stripe.

He would be basically be considered a wash with Sherfield--except he played in the MAAC. On a team that finished 17-15 and ranked 207 in Kenpom. This would be exactly the kind of move that is so maddening to some of us, when some guys are so willing to wave goodbye to players like Sherfield and Hill, insisting "we have to get better."

How does this guy make us better? Admittedly, I've not seen him play--I'm just looking at the numbers--but those numbers suggest he's in no way a step up from Sherfield and quite possibly, given the level of competition he's been facing, a step down.

If we sign him, I'll cheer for him without hesitation, as I do for every young athlete in crimson and cream, but this would seem to be a very weak first move toward the stated goal of improving our talent.

Back