Next Year's Roster

I’d say McCollum is more of a Cortes/CJ replacement. He’s an upgrade there imo.

I don't pretend to be an expert at player assessment. Far from it. But this guy doesn't appear to move the needle even a little bit.

He averaged the same number of points in the MAAC that Sherfield did in the Big 12. He had slightly fewer rebounds than Sherfield, slightly more assists (.6 per game), 43% shooting to Sherfield's 40%. Shot nearly 4% worse from deep than Grant, about 3% better from the charity stripe.

He would be basically be considered a wash with Sherfield--except he played in the MAAC. On a team that finished 17-15 and ranked 207 in Kenpom. This would be exactly the kind of move that is so maddening to some of us, when some guys are so willing to wave goodbye to players like Sherfield and Hill, insisting "we have to get better."

How does this guy make us better? Admittedly, I've not seen him play--I'm just looking at the numbers--but those numbers suggest he's in no way a step up from Sherfield and quite possibly, given the level of competition he's been facing, a step down.

If we sign him, I'll cheer for him without hesitation, as I do for every young athlete in crimson and cream, but this would seem to be a very weak first move toward the stated goal of improving our talent.

seems like a solid add to be the back up PG 15 min a game type player

seems like a solid add to be the back up PG 15 min a game type player

I don't disagree in theory but what are the chances that's the role he sees for himself--that he's transferring away from Siena, where he's the best player on the team, to be a back-up at OU?

Javian is considered a top 25 transfer… so we definitely want him. I don’t think we’re looking at him as a backup. If that ends up the case, that would be great.

I don't disagree in theory but what are the chances that's the role he sees for himself--that he's transferring away from Siena, where he's the best player on the team, to be a back-up at OU?

Then if he comes here, he better compete..

If he's a top 25 transfer, that doesn't reflect well on the portal and how valuable a resource it really is. His stats on a bad team are good but hardly great--and three turnovers a game brings to mind an all too familiar issue for us.

If he's a top 25 transfer, that doesn't reflect well on the portal and how valuable a resource it really is. His stats on a bad team are good but hardly great--and three turnovers a game brings to mind an all too familiar issue for us.

Must every post be negative? Are times really so tough that you can’t even find a thread of optimism? Maybe you need a new hobby.

1 Milos Uzan
2 Otega Oweh
3 Kaden Cooper
4 Yaya Keita/Jacolb Cole
5 Sam Godwin/Luke Northweather

Must every post be negative? Are times really so tough that you can’t even find a thread of optimism? Maybe you need a new hobby.

You should try to pay better attention. Skyvue has consistently been one of the more positive and realistic posters on this board.

You should try to pay better attention. Skyvue has consistently been one of the more positive and realistic posters on this board.

Oh please - maybe 2-3 years ago. Where have you been?

Back