Next Year's Roster

who participated in senior day events? Groves and anybody else?

I'm okay with everyone leaving besides the freshmen class and Sherfield, maybe Hill. But wouldn't be surprised to see both those guys leave. Nobody wants to play another season of possibly the toughest conference, and on a team at the bottom of it, to boot :(

who participated in senior day events? Groves and anybody else?

I'm okay with everyone leaving besides the freshmen class and Sherfield, maybe Hill. But wouldn't be surprised to see both those guys leave. Nobody wants to play another season of possibly the toughest conference, and on a team at the bottom of it, to boot :(

Both Groves brothers
Jalen Hill
Grant Sherfield

Both Groves brothers
Jalen Hill
Grant Sherfield

Wow, well if they all leave which you would think they would if they participated in senior Day events, plus the inevitable transfer or two will be a mostly new team next season as well. It just continues every year, making it hard to create a culture. I hope we are at least a 500 conference team next season, with our conference that would be okay but we're going to have to land some major transfers! If we pick anyone up in the portal it better be a couple bigs!

keita is only a 5 and unless Northweather is very very good and ready to play that is a terrible roster at the 5 ..

1 Grant Sherfield/Bijan Cortes
2 Milos Uzan/C.J. Noland/Joe Bamisile
3 Otega Oweh/Kaden Cooper/Jacob Groves/Benny Schröder
4 Jalen Hill/Jacolb Cole
5 Sam Godwin/Yaya Keita/Luke Northweather

CJ is clearly gone

my guess is that Hill and Sherfield are also gone ..

do you think Northweather or Yaya Keita can really help next season?

0%. They couldnt unseat a walk on and even with a foul prone starter at 5 that makes the walk on play extra mins...

I say that, but then Blunder Moser didnt manage oweh very well this year...

CJ is clearly gone

my guess is that Hill and Sherfield are also gone ..

Agreed. Sherfield for sure, odds Hill is gone too.

I would also say the odds are pretty good that Jacob is gone. Plus, I wouldn’t be shocked if Northweather leaves, and maybe Yaya if he is still eligible to transfer.

do you think Northweather or Yaya Keita can really help next season?

0%. They couldnt unseat a walk on and even with a foul prone starter at 5 that makes the walk on play extra mins...

I say that, but then Blunder Moser didnt manage oweh very well this year...

Keita was not impressive in his limited time ..

Northweather had good high school tape so i do have hopes that he will help next season

Agreed. Sherfield for sure, odds Hill is gone too.

I would also say the odds are pretty good that Jacob is gone. Plus, I wouldn’t be shocked if Northweather leaves, and maybe Yaya if he is still eligible to transfer.

At this point, I'm not that upset if GS leaves. If he comes back, I hope he's more of a complimentary piece, and not the guard we are depending on to do most of the scoring. If that's the case again, we won't be very good.

At this point, I'm not that upset if GS leaves. If he comes back, I hope he's more of a complimentary piece, and not the guard we are depending on to do most of the scoring. If that's the case again, we won't be very good.

i think i agree

i want Los running the show with the ball and i like BC as the back up PG

The buzz is that the NCAA is going to crack down on waivers after passing them out like candy (due to covid, etc).

One free transfer.

Then, most waivers will only get granted if 1) there's a coaching change 2) extenuating circumstances (sick relative, stuff like that).

Of course, grad transfers can do whatever they want and there will be Ivy Leaguers that have to transfer (some have already announced).

....so unless that buzz is wrong, I don't think Bam, Keita, or Godwin can leave without sitting if they aren't graduating. Jacob will likely grad transfer.

I kinda felt a little bummed with the news of Hill leaving, but I’ve changed my mind on it. Uzan and Oweh are the only ones that would bother me leaving at this point. Maybe getting as much new blood in here as possible is the best thing to happen. I know Porter wants to get his culture guys and have them improve through the system together for 4 years, but things are different now and that’s not going to happen too often.

Hopefully, now that he’s had 2 seasons to see what it takes, he can adjust and hit the portal better. I know that’s not easy to do with all of the other teams that will want those same guys, but it can be done.

I can’t believe some wouldn’t mind Sherfield leaving? Who the hell is replacing him? He was arguably the top guard in the portal last year.

Sherfield had some bad nights. Unfortunately that gets magnified when many others on the team almost never had good nights.

His defense is definitely below average though.

Agreed. We’ve got to upgrade. He struggled against athletic or bigger guards. Defense is sketchy. HFor us to be better, he can’t be our best player. Good player but our top three players wouldn’t start for 1-5 teams in our conference.

Like Boulder stated, Los needs to be running the point with a more athletic wing that can shoot or create their own shot. Maybe Cooper is that guy.

Rather have Los and Cooper than Sherfield and Uzan/Cooper.

Agreed. We’ve got to upgrade. He struggled against athletic or bigger guards. Defense is sketchy. HFor us to be better, he can’t be our best player. Good player but our top three players wouldn’t start for 1-5 teams in our conference.

Like Boulder stated, Los needs to be running the point with a more athletic wing that can shoot or create their own shot. Maybe Cooper is that guy.

Rather have Los and Cooper than Sherfield and Uzan/Cooper.

Grant was also a big - on defense

The buzz is that the NCAA is going to crack down on waivers after passing them out like candy (due to covid, etc).

One free transfer.

Then, most waivers will only get granted if 1) there's a coaching change 2) extenuating circumstances (sick relative, stuff like that).

Of course, grad transfers can do whatever they want and there will be Ivy Leaguers that have to transfer (some have already announced).

....so unless that buzz is wrong, I don't think Bam, Keita, or Godwin can leave without sitting if they aren't graduating. Jacob will likely grad transfer.

i think walk-ons can transfer if they get a ship (although with him he gave up his ship to come to OU so i don't know how that would work)

i think walk-ons can transfer if they get a ship (although with him he gave up his ship to come to OU so i don't know how that would work)

Very true. Exclude Sam.

It'll be interesting to see what becomes of Bam. He's listed academically as a junior. He's already at school #3. Does he take a crazy chance at playing overseas? Tough it out at OU? Has to be frustrating for the kid. What looked like a great fit ended becoming a terrible decision/situation.

I can’t believe some wouldn’t mind Sherfield leaving? Who the hell is replacing him? He was arguably the top guard in the portal last year.

Sherfield had some bad nights. Unfortunately that gets magnified when many others on the team almost never had good nights.

His defense is definitely below average though.

You a big fan of his 1-13 shooting performance for 4 pts? He later hit a garbage time 3 and 1 to total 8 pts on 2-14...

Back