so 3 in this entire Career

per ESPN
Buford #72
Mcgusty #47
Doolittle #70
Young #23
Harmon #58
Iwuakor #90

6 per ESPN and this shows their rankings are not great ..

Moser with 2 classes ..

4 top 100 in 24/7 and espn

2 in rivals (los and cole are both just over 100 109/112)

Doesn't mean s**t if he can't win games.

Noland was a top 100 guy.

I’m good giving Lon credit for Noland and Cortes, since they signed with Lon.

Applying the same logic, we shouldn’t penalize Moser too much for all of the talented players who transferred out his 1st few weeks on the job.

what do you want them to say ?? serious question?

I don't want them to lie. Is that so difficult? Why do they feel the need to act like they stepped into a bad situation? Say, "I am happy to be at a school that has had great success, not only in the distant past but recently, and I want to continue that tradition." Moser and his culture wall and Brent and his SOUL mission -- I just find the talk so tiring. Less talk, more winning, and more quality in-game coaching is what I want.

Lon landed the following top 100 guys

Per Rivals
Buddy #86
Mcgusty #51
TY #16
Harmon #43

4 in his entire OU career ..

per 24/7
Mcgusty #41
TY #23
Harmon #47

so 3 in this entire Career

per ESPN
Buford #72
Mcgusty #47
Doolittle #70
Young #23
Harmon #58
Iwuakor #90

6 per ESPN and this shows their rankings are not great ..

Moser with 2 classes ..

4 top 100 in 24/7 and espn

2 in rivals (los and cole are both just over 100 109/112)

So when do we start winning tho?

I’m good giving Lon credit for Noland and Cortes, since they signed with Lon.

Applying the same logic, we shouldn’t penalize Moser too much for all of the talented players who transferred out his 1st few weeks on the job.

That is fine. But when does the "no talent" argument end?

Top 100 recruits out of HS:
Uzan
Oweh
Noland
Joe Basimile

Transfers:
Sherfield - 4* transfer, top 25 transfer if I recall
T. Groves - one of the more highly recruited transfers at the time

Other recruits:
Benny Schroder - didn't see anybody on this board that wasn't counting him as a top 100 type recruit

Others:
Jalen Hill - 138th in the country (247), a lot of experience

That isn't a roster void of talent.

How many teams that finished above us in the Big 12 had fewer than 4-5 players that were top 100ish recruits?

Doesn't mean s**t if he can't win games.

We haven’t even seen Cooper, cole, or Northweather play yet (barely any of Benny).

***If Moser loses Uzan or Oweh then I will be in the camp that Moser isn’t going to cut it at ou.***

We haven’t even seen Cooper, cole, or Northweather play yet (barely any of Benny).

***If Moser loses Uzan or Oweh then I will be in the camp that Moser isn’t going to cut it at ou.***

I didn't include any of them. I was talking about THIS year's roster. What he has to work with THIS year. And don't even mentioned Northweather. Maybe he amounts to something, but the dude was a 0* kid out of HS. lol

That is fine. But when does the "no talent" argument end?

Top 100 recruits out of HS:
Uzan
Oweh
Noland
Joe Basimile

Transfers:
Sherfield - 4* transfer, top 25 transfer if I recall
T. Groves - one of the more highly recruited transfers at the time

Other recruits:
Benny Schroder - didn't see anybody on this board that wasn't counting him as a top 100 type recruit

Others:
Jalen Hill - 138th in the country (247), a lot of experience

That isn't a roster void of talent.

How many teams that finished above us in the Big 12 had fewer than 4-5 players that were top 100ish recruits?

Fair points. Roster definitely has talent at guard position. I’d argue it doesn’t have much talent at the forward position other than Tanner. It’s a flawed roster to me, but that is on Moser also (to what extent is debatable imo).

This offseason is make or break for Moser at ou. It is that simple to me.

I think comparing PM and BV is apples and oranges. One or two guys can turn around a basketball team. Brent’s roster was decimated when Reilly left. And if you think that team was in good shape going forward you just weren’t paying attention. He had created a soft weak culture that was about to implode on him. Caleb is the only thing that kept his head above water that last year.

I think comparing PM and BV is apples and oranges. One or two guys can turn around a basketball team. Brent’s roster was decimated when Reilly left. And if you think that team was in good shape going forward you just weren’t paying attention. He had created a soft weak culture that was about to implode on him. Caleb is the only thing that kept his head above water that last year.

We will have more guys drafted than just about every Big 12 team this year. The roster wasn't elite on a national level, but it wasn't decimated. I'm not a Riley fan and think he has massive flaws when it comes to defense and special teams, but Venables drastically overstates how bad the roster was.

We will have more guys drafted than just about every Big 12 team this year. The roster wasn't elite on a national level, but it wasn't decimated. I'm not a Riley fan and think he has massive flaws when it comes to defense and special teams, but Venables drastically overstates how bad the roster was.

All on defense with exception of one o lineman. The offense was decimated.

All on defense with exception of one o lineman. The offense was decimated.

Mims, Gray, Morris, Harrison, Willis ...

I don't mean to turn this into a football thread. My point was simply that Moser and Brent come across as disingenuous when they discuss the scope of the "rebuilds" they faced.

The only difference between the last two OU football teams is Caleb Williams.
OU's defense is only going to have one player drafted this year (Redmond), and if White somehow became a 7th round pick, that's just a testament to the new defensive coaching staff. OU's offense had some talent, but without a QB, it's not nearly enough to compensate for that defense.

I guess it all depends on what you mean by "decimated." Compared to the elite roster that Lincoln inherited, that's an accurate word, but he had more talent than we've put on the basketball court the past two years. BV should have been able to win more games, but he didn't have a 10 win roster.

Have you watched a football game in the last 20 years?

I seem to see teams losing players to the portal or graduation annually. Georgia sure seemed to do okay after Justin Fields left. Caleb is great, but losing him shouldn't have caused us to crater to below .500.

Decimated means losing one in ten so losing QB and WR is a perfect example of decimation.

That isn't the current day meaning, or the meaning within the context of my statement. But thanks for the history lesson.

The offense wasn't the problem this year, it was the defense. They were God-awful at times. BV and the new staff and scheme were supposed to help that, yet the last game of the regular season saw them give up 48 points in regulation to a not very good TT team.

And if you are claiming it a talent issue, guess this year won't be any better because they are going to return starters at all but a couple of positions.

Back