Next Year's Roster

Very true. Exclude Sam.

It'll be interesting to see what becomes of Bam. He's listed academically as a junior. He's already at school #3. Does he take a crazy chance at playing overseas? Tough it out at OU? Has to be frustrating for the kid. What looked like a great fit ended becoming a terrible decision/situation.

very much agree .. he clearly has talent and is very very athletic but man for someone that old he did not play smart basketball at all ..

You a big fan of his 1-13 shooting performance for 4 pts? He later hit a garbage time 3 and 1 to total 8 pts on 2-14...

I am a fan of him based on his body of work. It would be great to see him surrounded by other players who can also shoot.

I am a fan of him based on his body of work. It would be great to see him surrounded by other players who can also shoot.

Will he accept that role? He shot us out of the game tonight taking some questionable selfish shots

How many top level transfers would want to play for this guy? He has a pretty bad rap as a disconnected coach……

Will he accept that role? He shot us out of the game tonight taking some questionable selfish shots

I said it several times in the thread… that one right before half. Cortez was wide open because GS got doubled… didn’t even look Cortez’s way

Keita is constantly injured. I'd be surprised if he was able to contribute a full season for us :(

Last night was just awful...our guys looked slow and like they really didn't care. I'm so glad this season is over. Not really looking forward to year 3 of Moser either, he's given us nothing to really look forward to at this point.

How many top level transfers would want to play for this guy? He has a pretty bad rap as a disconnected coach……

Grant and Tanner postgame doesn’t really support this. They both spoke fondly about the coaches and team. For instance, Grant said he found his love for the game again after this year at ou under Moser. They both said the staff put them in position to win and schemed it up well, but they couldn’t make shots and that’s on the players. Their words, not mine.

It’ll be “interesting”.

Noticed CJ was trying to give guys coming off the floor the high five at the end… before the final sub and they just walked past. Not s big CJ fan but just thought it was a moment.

Having a CF of a season creates a lot of questions within the team. Just natural occurrence with competitive kids.

Why am I sitting when these guys aren’t as successful? why am I not given more chances since they are? Especially in this day and age.

Hope moser can right the ship.

Agreed. We’ve got to upgrade. He struggled against athletic or bigger guards. Defense is sketchy. HFor us to be better, he can’t be our best player. Good player but our top three players wouldn’t start for 1-5 teams in our conference.

Like Boulder stated, Los needs to be running the point with a more athletic wing that can shoot or create their own shot. Maybe Cooper is that guy.

Rather have Los and Cooper than Sherfield and Uzan/Cooper.

Could not disagree more. Porter will play 2 PGs if they are the best players.

Hate to say it but the OU basketball team has the look of the OU football teams in the 90's
I have no idea how or if they can get better moving on, other than recruit some talent and maybe they need a new leader...dunno

You can dislike Moser and think he is a mediocre coach but don't make stuff up and play it off as facts. I have not once heard anything remotely close to Moser being a disconnected coach, let alone that it is a "bad rap" or many people say it.

Grant and Tanner postgame doesn’t really support this. They both spoke fondly about the coaches and team. For instance, Grant said he found his love for the game again after this year at ou under Moser. They both said the staff put them in position to win and schemed it up well, but they couldn’t make shots and that’s on the players. Their words, not mine.

The lack of talent they are able to bring in supports his rap…..

The lack of talent they are able to bring in supports his rap…..

4 top 100 high school players in 2 years. That’s about as many as Lon landed in his last 5-6 years here.

4 top 100 high school players in 2 years. That’s about as many as Lon landed in his last 5-6 years here.

This has become the new go-to, replacing effective FG%. Lon also won a lot more basketball games in those last five years -- which, to my way of thinking, if kind of the point of sports.

This has become the new go-to, replacing effective FG%. Lon also won a lot more basketball games in those last five years -- which, to my way of thinking, if kind of the point of sports.

Didn’t know we were talking about wins. But Lon actually didn’t really have much better win % during his last 5 years after having a fully established program:

Lon - 54%
Moser - 51% (in his 1st 2 seasons of a rebuild)

Didn’t know we were talking about wins. But Lon actually didn’t really have much better win % during his last 5 years after having a fully established program:

Lon - 54%
Moser - 51% (in his 1st 2 seasons of a rebuild)

How many tourneys did Lon make?

And this isn't meant as a shot at you, but I am so sick of Moser talking about a rebuild. He and Venables are similar in this regard. They both act like they walked into the situation Bill Snyder inherited at KSU in the late 80s. The football program was in great shape, despite some slippage in Riley's last year (that season still saw us come within 20 yards of playing for the Big 12 title), and the basketball program was an annual tournament team. The only reason Moser is having to rebuild is because the program has cratered since he took the reins.

Lon landed the following top 100 guys

Per Rivals
Buddy #86
Mcgusty #51
TY #16
Harmon #43

4 in his entire OU career ..

per 24/7
Mcgusty #41
TY #23
Harmon #47

so 3 in this entire Career

per ESPN
Buford #72
Mcgusty #47
Doolittle #70
Young #23
Harmon #58
Iwuakor #90

6 per ESPN and this shows their rankings are not great ..

Moser with 2 classes ..

4 top 100 in 24/7 and espn

2 in rivals (los and cole are both just over 100 109/112)

How many tourneys did Lon make?

And this isn't meant as a shot at you, but I am so sick of Moser talking about a rebuild. He and Venables are similar in this regard. They both act like they walked into the situation Bill Snyder inherited at KSU in the late 80s. The football program was in great shape, despite some slippage in Riley's last year (that season still saw us come within 20 yards of playing for the Big 12 title), and the basketball program was an annual tournament team. The only reason Moser is having to rebuild is because the program has cratered since he took the reins.

what do you want them to say ?? serious question?

How many tourneys did Lon make?.

Ok, so now we are talking tournaments? It went from Moser has a bad rap due to his perceived lack of signing talent (he in fact has recruited high school better than his predecessor). Then it was he doesn’t win as much as Lon (this is true but I don’t think 1 more win per year is making much of a point, especially considering Lon had established his program by then).

Now it’s tournaments…

Back