NIT OU vs Missouri St 6pm CST on ESPN (Tuesday)

Missouri state would beat Michigan. Michigan shoulda been left out based on their coaches behavior alone, much less because of their metrics.

That’s all I have to say about that.

We weren't snubbed. We had at least 7 chances to get a deciding win and ended up losing those games in OT or by 5 or fewer points.

Despite that, we were still #29 kenpom team in the country.

#39 in NET. The 38 teams in front of us went to the tournament (as well as 30 teams behind us). We were snubbed.

Despite that, we were still #29 kenpom team in the country.

#39 in NET. The 38 teams in front of us went to the tournament (as well as 30 teams behind us). We were snubbed.

Do I think we are an NCAA caliber team? 100%. I honestly think we're an 8 or 9 seed and could knock off some higher seeds.

I just don't like to play the victim in this case. We had 15 losses. Lots of opportunities to control our own fate.

Do I think we are an NCAA caliber team? 100%. I honestly think we're an 8 or 9 seed and could knock off some higher seeds.

I just don't like to play the victim in this case. We had 15 losses. Lots of opportunities to control our own fate.

I tend to agree. Yes, I believe we deserved to get in ahead of Michigan, Rutgers, ND, to name a few. However, we were squarely on the bubble. Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesn’t. This isn’t a team I will look back on and wonder, what if.

I hope we can upgrade the talent and make the tourney next year.

After we lost Harkless and were blown out on a couple of occasions, I thought we bounced back as well as possible, so I look at the season as a success even though we did not make "The" tourney. We'll be better next year and the NIT will be all but a memory.

First, a final note on the Big Dance. I’m still disappointed. The NIT isn’t nearly as exciting or nerve-wracking and with OU not involved, I don’t feel the same urge to turn my schedule upside down to make sure I’m watching basketball no man-stop Thur-Sun. It stinks not being involved. I will stop short of saying we got “screwed” though. I think we have a better argument than a few teams in the field, but as others have pointed out, we had clear warts as well. Some due to bad play. Some due to lack of talent. Some due to bad luck. Needed just a dash more of one of those things and we’d be in.

Our family of 5 went tonight; perhaps it’s due to a low bar, but I was pleasantly surprised with both the size of the crowd and the energy level. Make no mistake, it was a small crowd and the fact that it was GA and the lower middle bowls filled up probably made the crowd seem larger than it was— however, it just felt like an energized group and Moser acknowledged it from the minute he walked on the floor. Al night the crowd stayed engaged and I think a lot of it was a sign of appreciation to how the team finished the season. I was happy for Moser and the players to receive that recognition.

Clearly, no sulking or pouting. We SHOULD beat Mo St of course, but there are no cupcakes in the NIT and that’s a decent team we played. We came out ready to play and no doubt the team seemed almost relieved to be out of the shackles of the B12 style of play. I know as a fan it was a relief to watch something different.

If I’m Moser my very first off-season initiative is to talk Mo into staying. He could have a huge year next season if we improve some other areas and he isn’t as much of a focal point for defenses as he is now. Maybe it’s wasted breath and Moser already knows it, but that would be convo #1 for me if it’s even the least bit up in the air.

Other than that, team played well as a whole. Probably won’t be able to make it Sunday unless the start time is pretty early in the day, but I hope we advance again and I’d like to meet up with UVA in round 3– I’d definitely try to make that one.

I tend to agree. Yes, I believe we deserved to get in ahead of Michigan, Rutgers, ND, to name a few. However, we were squarely on the bubble. Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesn’t. This isn’t a team I will look back on and wonder, what if.

I hope we can upgrade the talent and make the tourney next year.

No argument here. We controlled our own destiny and needed to get 1 more win...it’s just other teams had a much easier path than us with 20 quad 3&4 games. It makes me rethink our non con schedule. No point in scheduling tough if the committee isn’t going to factor it in.

First, a final note on the Big Dance. I’m still disappointed. The NIT isn’t nearly as exciting or nerve-wracking and with OU not involved, I don’t feel the same urge to turn my schedule upside down to make sure I’m watching basketball no man-stop Thur-Sun. It stinks not being involved. I will stop short of saying we got “screwed” though. I think we have a better argument than a few teams in the field, but as others have pointed out, we had clear warts as well. Some due to bad play. Some due to lack of talent. Some due to bad luck. Needed just a dash more of one of those things and we’d be in.

Our family of 5 went tonight; perhaps it’s due to a low bar, but I was pleasantly surprised with both the size of the crowd and the energy level. Make no mistake, it was a small crowd and the fact that it was GA and the lower middle bowls filled up probably made the crowd seem larger than it was— however, it just felt like an energized group and Moser acknowledged it from the minute he walked on the floor. Al night the crowd stayed engaged and I think a lot of it was a sign of appreciation to how the team finished the season. I was happy for Moser and the players to receive that recognition.

Clearly, no sulking or pouting. We SHOULD beat Mo St of course, but there are no cupcakes in the NIT and that’s a decent team we played. We came out ready to play and no doubt the team seemed almost relieved to be out of the shackles of the B12 style of play. I know as a fan it was a relief to watch something different.

If I’m Moser my very first off-season initiative is to talk Mo into staying. He could have a huge year next season if we improve some other areas and he isn’t as much of a focal point for defenses as he is now. Maybe it’s wasted breath and Moser already knows it, but that would be convo #1 for me if it’s even the least bit up in the air.

Other than that, team played well as a whole. Probably won’t be able to make it Sunday unless the start time is pretty early in the day, but I hope we advance again and I’d like to meet up with UVA in round 3– I’d definitely try to make that one.

Great post, OUSKINS! Thanks for supporting the team!

Next game will be St. Bonaventure. They scored 40 in the 2nd half and beat Colorado.

Moser commented on the enthusiasm of the crowd in his post-game comments. The last time we played in the NIT the crowd was the same. The NIT lets the most enthusiastic fans sit closest to the action and it makes a big difference. Hopefully, there will be an even bigger crowd for the next game.

Moser commented on the enthusiasm of the crowd in his post-game comments. The last time we played in the NIT the crowd was the same. The NIT lets the most enthusiastic fans sit closest to the action and it makes a big difference. Hopefully, there will be an even bigger crowd for the next game.

With all of our attendance problems, they should be doing this for all home games. The people that want to sit on their hands can find other seats.

Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry praised the crowd more than once during their broadcast of the game last night, noting that it was a decent size and very enthusiastic and supportive.

so is it bad if i say that OU should legit tamper and try to get Isiaih Mosely to transfer

20 6 and 2 on 50/40/90 shooting ..

and he is 6'5 and would have 2 years to play

so is it bad if i say that OU should legit tamper and try to get Isiaih Mosely to transfer

He looked really good to me too

With all of our attendance problems, they should be doing this for all home games. The people that want to sit on their hands can find other seats.

At one time, they used to say that any open seat was fair game after the first timeout and people would move down. I don't know if they still do that or not.

At one time, they used to say that any open seat was fair game after the first timeout and people would move down. I don't know if they still do that or not.

I don’t think I’ve been asked to show my ticket once this year after initially scanning it for entry.

No doubt Mosley would be a great get for OU or any school lucky enough to land him. But, we’ve already got plenty of competition with attractive NILS in hand, including Missouri State supporters. I don’t see him going to any school that is not prepared to shell out lots of cash!

He’s an exciting player and one heck of a scorer! The only thing better than watching him play last night would be to see him in a Sooner uniform next year!

Back