Officials screw Oklahoma out of 4-1 start.

This place is a riot tonight.

Unreal. You'd think we looked like world beaters until we started these Big 12 games. Geez.

Nice third post.

Thanks. Nice 208th post to you. I didn't realize a post count meant the difference between reason and stupidity.

Blaming the refs for collapsing down the stretch is nothing but sour grapes and ignoring the real reason OU has lost the past two games.

Thanks. Nice 208th post to you. I didn't realize a post count meant the difference between reason and stupidity.

Blaming the refs for collapsing down the stretch is nothing but sour grapes and ignoring the real reason OU has lost the past two games.

Well, why don't you point it out to us sherlock.

Try watching a game sometime. Today, you can blame poor defense in the second half, not playing smart on key defensive possessions by fouling shooters when there was little chance their shot would go in, missing open shots, and 10+ turnovers in the second half.

Home officiating is a part of the college game and something you have to rise above. I have seen estimates that a conference homecourt advantage is worth roughly 8-10 points. It happens to every team. OU didn't rise above in these last two losses. It is as simple as that.

Try watching a game sometime. Today, you can blame poor defense in the second half, not playing smart on key defensive possessions by fouling shooters when there was little chance their shot would go in, missing open shots, and 10+ turnovers in the second half.

I did watch the game, and saw plenty of bad referring. I saw it in the aTm game as well. I don't need some poster on here trying to explain things to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

It doesn't take a detective or magnifying glass to figure it out. We had as many no shows with respect to our players as the crowd in attendance. We stunk it up from the outside aside from one or two players. We had no inside game to speak of. We don't know how to box out. We cannot deny a pass even if we double team the ball handler. We foul in situations which gives the other team the upper hand repeatedly. We refuse to take a short pull up jumper but rather attempt to get a lay up when the situation is not favorable. Anything else?

I did watch the game, and saw plenty of bad referring. I saw it in the aTm game as well. I don't need some new IDIOT poster on here trying to explain things to me when I have never seen him on here before.

I will come back later when the trolls have left.

Geez. There are truly some posters who honestly believe OU has never lost a game to an opponent, they've only lost games because of refs.

I'm not sure which argument holds less weight - low post count = no knowledge of basketball, or OU lost the last two games because of poor officiating.

I did watch the game, and saw plenty of bad referring. I saw it in the aTm game as well. I don't need some poster on here trying to explain things to me.

Trolls are always diminutive in nature but posts count are dynamic, much like a persons age.

Who said it did? You seem to be very insecure about it, though.

Then I'd suggest not starting a thread blaming the loss on the officials.
It wasn't.

These kinds of thread topics make us sound like OSU fans.

These kinds of thread topics make us sound like OSU fans.
Actually, I think it is time that we acknowledged that officiating is often too much of a factor and did something to negate that problem. If someone thinks that it is always fair, did you get your $100 million Christmas bonus this year?

Yes, the reffing may have been bad, but there were also some things that need improvement. See OUHoops, Sheepdogs and GParker

Boomer Sooner

Back