Oh crap...we play KU on national TV for Big Monday

Big Old Booger

Reaction score
can we forfeit?

That game is going to be U-G-L-Y.

Thank the Lord for the olympics...maybe everybody will be watching that instead of the butt-kicking in Larryville.

Double oh crap...we play at Texas the following Monday. Geez...who made this schedule?

Those two games won't even be worth watching. We will lose by 20 maybe 30+ in both games.

KU will be able to name their score in this one, IF they want to. With their defense, and our stand-around offense, we'll be starting possessions from halfcourt, with 10 seconds left on the shot clock. Unless KU sleep walks through the game, I really don't see OU staying within 25.

That's why the games are played guys. OU certainly has talent so maybe they rise to the occassion of playing the #1 team in the nation. I don't think it will be over 20 personally.

That's why the games are played guys. OU certainly has talent so maybe they rise to the occassion of playing the #1 team in the nation. I don't think it will be over 20 personally.

If it's less than 20, then KU didn't play hard.

It just isn't a good matchup. You have a pg that can matchup with our pg, whom is our best weapon. We'll be forced to play our big lineup, which isn't the lineup that gets our best players on the floor (assuming Willie plays). Your bigs will eat our bigs up. The difference inside is going to be ridiculous. We don't play well on the road, and AF will be packed. We get sloppy with the ball, that is exactly what KU's defense tries to force.

I just don't see it staying close. I guess if somebody from OU gets blazing hot from the outside that might keep it a bit closer, but I'm certainly not holding out for that. Look at our road game losses. Why wouldn't KU be at least as bad as some of them?

If it's less than 20, KU played like ****.

Not really. KU actually played well against Colorado yesterday day. They were up as much as 27 at one point but then with subs in went down to 19 or 20 or so.

Isn't that what he said? You are seriously debating with people when they say KU will win by 20+ because the subs might play the last 10 minutes and allow OU to close the gap to 19.

Quite frankly, the fact the subs play long enough to allow OU to close the gap is worse than losing by 20.

Isn't that what he said? You are seriously debating with people when they say KU will win by 20+ because the subs might play the last 10 minutes and allow OU to close the gap to 19.

Quite frankly, the fact the subs play long enough to allow OU to close the gap is worse than losing by 20.

No, I'm just saying KU doesn't have to play like crap to win by less than 20. I just used last nights game as an example. KU actually played really well last night. Shot 55% from the floor. 45% from 3. That was a great effort yet they beat Colorado by 20. It's hard to blow people out in conference.
If OU plays well and KU plays good I think it's under 20.

I can't figure out why I am going to watch that game. I know I am but it is completely illogical.

I can't figure out why I am going to watch that game. I know I am but it is completely illogical.

I will say if WW doesn't play I think it could get really out of hand. And I've been critical of WW and don't think he's having a good season at all but he's super talented and against the #1 team he'd probably step up his game. The freshmen are walking into a whole different level so they will probably be a bit big eyed.

OU's not going to win, but I would like to see alot of young guys play. I want to see alot of Fitz, Gallon, Pledger, and TMG.

Not really. KU actually played well against Colorado yesterday day. They were up as much as 27 at one point but then with subs in went down to 19 or 20 or so.
Being up by 27 and putting scrubs in, while allowing the lead to be trimmed, is the same thing as winning by over 20. I'm not talking about a Vegas spread, lol. I'm not interested in giving KU an out for not playing well, I'll leave that up to you.

I would also note there is nothing that suggests Colorado is not a better team than OU. They have at least been competitive on the road. OU has embarrassed themselves, the school, and the state every time they have played on the road.

Last edited:
I'll be honest and say that I doubt I'll be watching much of this one. It's just not worth the aggravation.

I would also note there is nothing that suggests Colorado is not a better team than OU. They have at least been competitive on the road. OU has embarrassed themselves, the school, and the state every time they have played on the road.

Sadly, I completely agree.

ESPN has to be upset they end their Big 12 big monday schedule with OU at KU and OU at UT.

I'll be honest and say that I doubt I'll be watching much of this one. It's just not worth the aggravation.

I've never walked away from as many games as I have this year. I watched every minute of the Orange Bowl butt kicking that USC put on our football team. That shows you how bad this season has been.

Back