Oh crap...we play KU on national TV for Big Monday

I've never walked away from as many games as I have this year. I watched every minute of the Orange Bowl butt kicking that USC put on our football team. That shows you how bad this season has been.

I have felt the same way but as a die hard I will still watch the Lawrence Massacre Monday night. :eek:

I'll probably just go to the gym. Unfortunately they'll have it on there so I doubt I'll be able to avoid it.

Have class on Monday nights, so I usually throw up ESPN360 while I sleep walk through the lecture...not sure I will even do that tomorrow. Will probably just guzzle a five hour energy and pay attention for once instead of watching this debacle.

Oh yeah, if KU does not win by 20+, they didn't play hard...period.

I'll be honest and say that I doubt I'll be watching much of this one. It's just not worth the aggravation.

I agree...I'm watching "24" when it comes on at 8. I may catch a little of the second half, but I couldn't care less about this crappy season. Just get it over with.

I'm not interested in giving KU an out for not playing well, I'll leave that up to you.

Play, I'm not the one that makes excuses for everything.
KU will play defense...I promise you that. If the offense is clicking they will win by over 20..if it's not they will win by under 20.
KU will win though because they play defense. It's really that simple.

Play, I'm not the one that makes excuses for everything.
This has nothing to do with excuses. If they aren't up by over 20 when the starters come out, they didn't play well at all. Nothing about excuses for not playing well. It doesn't really matter if they don't play well for one game. Self would be pissed, but nobody would really care.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with excuses. If they aren't up by over 20 when the starters come out, they didn't play well at all. Nothing about excuses for not playing well.

That or OU played out of their minds.

The opening line is KU -21.5. So basically I think the 20 point margin for playing hard/not playing hard is pretty spot on.

That or OU played out of their minds.
If OU plays out of their minds, KU should still win by 15. They are the supposed #1 team in the country playing at home against a team that has only won 1 road game on the year, and has only kept 2 road games under 10 points.

We have taken good teams to Kansas and gotten blown out. This one is going to get ugly. I am a die hard so I'm going to be watching. One adjustment I have made late this year is playing OU not to cover. It sucks from a fans side but it softens the blow of losing. :) I'll be taking KU minus the points in this one.

If OU plays out of their minds, KU should still win by 15. They are the supposed #1 team in the country playing at home against a team that has only won 1 road game on the year, and has only kept 2 road games under 10 points.

You're right but if OU goes off from 3 and KU just plays average I could see the margin being between 15-20 points. KU wouldn't have to play terrible for that to happen.

You're right but if OU goes off from 3 and KU just plays average I could see the margin being between 15-20 points. KU wouldn't have to play terrible for that to happen.
Yea okay I agree.

But maybe a point to be made is if OU goes off behind the arc, KU isn't playing well defensively. (and maybe even offensively if they are turning it over leading to 3's or taking bad shots that lead to breaks)

OU has shown no life on the road, not even a pulse. Utah is one the worse teams they have played all year, and it took a really good effort to beat them in overtime.

I could easily see KU laying an egg in this one and only winning by 15. They have a moderately difficult game in Stillwater, KSU on Senior Night, and then at Mizzou. Self will have a difficult time getting them ready for a team that has not only struggled mightily, but is also without their best player.

Yea okay I agree.

But maybe a point to be made is if OU goes off behind the arc, KU isn't playing well defensively. (and maybe even offensively if they are turning it over leading to 3's or taking bad shots that lead to breaks)

OU has shown no life on the road, not even a pulse. Utah is one the worse teams they have played all year, and it took a really good effort to beat them in overtime.

I could easily see KU laying an egg in this one and only winning by 15. They have a moderately difficult game in Stillwater, KSU on Senior Night, and then at Mizzou. Self will have a difficult time getting them ready for a team that has not only struggled mightily, but is also without their best player.

I agree, with OU being so bad on the road, and KU playing uninspired at home I could see an ugly game.

I will say that teams have tended to have hot nights against KU even when their defense hasn't been poor. Sometimes that happens in games that you aren't expecting much resistance.

A lot of you guys are giving us way too much credit. Remember, this is the same OU team that got pounded at Nebraska, lost by 30 to Baylor, lost by 20ish at OSU...

I'll be shocked if we stay within 40.

Yea okay I agree.

I agree with that as well.

Back