>>>>>Oklahoma [2-1] vs. Clemson [2-1] Game Thread<<<<<

Re: >>>>>Oklahoma [2-1] vs. Clemson [2-1] Game Thread<<<<<

Great W. Really liked how we finished down the stretch compared to on Friday.

What makes me laugh is it seems like other teams are shooting 75% from 3 against us when it gets under the 5 minute mark in the 2nd half. We gotta be able to bottle that up for ourselves somehow.

It's a win. This season is going to be a roller coaster.

Win is a win, dunno how good Clemson will be this year...they may make the NCAA in March?

WE shot 47.4% from the field, 50% from 3 point land and 85.7% from the free throw line (13 turnovers).

And Odomes took 0 shots.

Last edited:

well...good win. (making it tighter than need be but win)

Like to see different guys stepping up...

Doolittle, Freeman, McGusty have hit some big shots.

Fouling...TO's are big.

It'll be an up and down year...hate to say "next year" but man...definitely loaded up.

Win is a win, dunno how good Clemson will be this year...they may make the NCAA in March?

Lost to Xavier by 6 who we know will always be good. Quality win for us regardless (and I think we were underdogs in this game).

I wanted to see us play Xavier, but I like what I saw from these guys. our ball handling is a major soft spot.

WE shot 47.4% from the field, 50% from 3 point land and 85.7% from the free throw line (13 turnovers).

really? wow...thought it was much higher...ah well..not a bad line at all. the big stat that killed us (made it close) was off reb by clemson...big difference.

Well that was much harder than it needed to be, but thankfully we did close the game out. I was white knuckling it a bit in this one.

Me too. I may not have any fingernails left if this team makes every game like the last two.

Me too. I may not have any fingernails left if this team makes every game like the last two.

ya might want to purchase some gloves...lol.

Have to rebound better. 47-33 is a huge difference. Combine that with the foul discrepancy, it made for a tough finish.

Woodard, James, and McGusty were our players of the game.

Christian James saved us. Who would have thought.

I wanted to see us play Xavier, but I like what I saw from these guys. our ball handling is a major soft spot.

I wanted to see us play Xavier as well.....for a measuring stick of where this team is. But before the tourney started, I was ok with a 2-1 trip....so I guess it was somewhat of a success. I would sure like to see both Clemson and Northern Iowa do well in their respective conferences.

Have to rebound better. 47-33 is a huge difference. Combine that with the foul discrepancy, it made for a tough finish.

Can't disagree but this was one of those games when it seemed many of the bounces went their way -- all those crazy long rebounds. The foul discrepancy was huge -- it impacts rebounding and defense when one team is in foul trouble and the other isn't (to put it mildly).

I wanted to see us play Xavier as well.....for a measuring stick of where this team is.

exactly. and I would expect us to lose but it would be interesting to see how our strengths match against more significant and known competition. which is just me describing measuring stick.

I do think we saw good things from McGusty and James and Woodard.

Woodard, James, and McGusty were our players of the game.

They need to learn how to box out instead of relying almost entirely on their athleticism. They can get away with that in high school, but not at this level.

2-1 in the tournament. Easily could have not lost the UNI game. Not bad. This was a good win.

Back