******Oklahoma-Colorado Game Thread*****

We are not a good team...

This team is pathetic.. Man.. We are terrible.. Worst OU team I've ever seen it is difficult to watch

Fixed the title for you.

E-F-F-O-R-T

for 40 minutes from everyone.

i feel bad for Coach Capel. If it's obvious to us, it's got to be killing coach.

Glad they pushed it and kept the score close. I can't take another 20+ point loss.

I thought the OU team fought at the end. However, for much of the game it seemed that:

> OU was unorganized on offense .. no apparent plan of attack .. street ball

> Transition defense gave up a lot of easy baskets .. could have been worse as Colorado missed some easy shots.

> To many turnovers .. Our McDonald's AA guards were sloppy with the ball.

Re: We are not a good team...

I've watched since the Tubbs era. This team has so many fundamental problems, I'm not even sure where to start. Transition defense, pick and roll defense, and what for the love of all that is Holy is our offense. I haven't figured that out yet. It's like watching nba all stars that aren't all stars. Not sure if it's the talent or the coaching or just plain bad luck all year. I'm very frustrated, but I refuse to lose my allegiance to this program, so I'll continue to watch and hope that they improve.

i thought the ou team fought at the end. However, for much of the game it seemed that:

> ou was unorganized on offense .. No apparent plan of attack .. Street ball

> transition defense gave up a lot of easy baskets .. Could have been worse as colorado missed some easy shots.

> to many turnovers .. Our mcdonald's aa guards were sloppy with the ball.

cbi!

> To many turnovers .. Our McDonald's AA guards were sloppy with the ball.

Aside from our poor defense, that's the part that bothered me the most. What the heck was wrong with TMG?. He had a very uncharacteristic 7 turnovers tonight. OU only had 11 TOs as a team. But Tommy and Willie had 9 between them. Frustrating, to say the least.

Aside from our poor defense, that's the part that bothered me the most. What the heck was wrong with TMG?. He had a very uncharacteristic 7 turnovers tonight. OU only had 11 TOs as a team. But Tommy and Willie had 9 between them. Frustrating, to say the least.
Bad chemistry?

For those posters who wanted to avoid the 8/9 game in the Big 12 tournament, I think they are going to get their wish. This team may end up being the 10 seed after all.

Maybe if Capel wore a denim shirt...

I've been afraid to say it. But, I think Capel needs to lose the tailored suits and start rocking the denim shirt. And I don't mean the denim blue shirt, I mean the real deal denim. My wife tells me they've been on the runway at fashion week this week.......

I've been afraid to say it. But, I think Capel needs to lose the tailored suits and start rocking the denim shirt. And I don't mean the denim blue shirt, I mean the real deal denim. My wife tells me they've been on the runway at fashion week this week.......

I think Capel needs to start acting like he cares instead of sitting there like a corpse on the bench.
I look around at some of the teams in the conference and how their coaches act. Self, Ford, Martin, Turgeon, Anderson..they all are up showing some emotion. Capel sits there with his hand over his mouth while his team plays like he looks. Show some freaking fire.
I like Capel, and have and still do believe in him. But I think what this team needs as much as anything is an emotional leader, and if we can't get one on the court maybe it needs to come from the bench.
A team takes on the mentality of their coach, and our shows a whole lot of nothing during the games.

Back