******Oklahoma-Colorado Game Thread*****

That's his style, and it doesn't matter. Coaching is most important day to day and I think he will tell you that he isn't getting the job done there this year.

I think Capel needs to start acting like he cares instead of sitting there like a corpse on the bench.
I look around at some of the teams in the conference and how their coaches act. Self, Ford, Martin, Turgeon, Anderson..they all are up showing some emotion. Capel sits there with his hand over his mouth while his team plays like he looks. Show some freaking fire.
I like Capel, and have and still do believe in him. But I think what this team needs as much as anything is an emotional leader, and if we can't get one on the court maybe it needs to come from the bench.
A team takes on the mentality of their coach, and our shows a whole lot of nothing during the games.

Not sure why quoting me had to do with your post.

Did you not see the T against Texas? I don't think Capel is a rah-rah type guy. Probably gets that from Coach K.

Not sure why quoting me had to do with your post.

Did you not see the T against Texas? I don't think Capel is a rah-rah type guy. Probably gets that Coach K.

I bet he gets most of his style from his dad.

I bet he gets most of his style from his dad.

Wouldn't know, never see a game in which his dad was the HC. Don't even know I've ever seen his dad on the bench. Seen a lot of Duke and and his on bench demeanor reminds me of Coach K.

Excerpts from Capel's post game radio interview:

As to the general state of affairs, Capel was blunt during his postgame radio interview.

“We have too many agendas on our team,” he said. “Until everyone can submit to the team, it’s going to be tough for us going forward.”

“It’s a lot of problems with this team,” Capel continued. “It’s a lot of different things. That’s on me and our coaching staff. We have to figure out a way to do a better job in lot of areas on our program...

“At times we’re not a very smart basketball team. Again, I attribute that to guys having too many agendas. We have too many agendas on our team instead of it just being about OU winning. I have not done a good job of getting these guys to understand when we win, everyone looks good. When we don’t win, it’s for nothing. It doesn’t matter what anyone did or how many points or whatever. I don’t care about any of that stuff when we don’t win.

“That’s my whole thing, trying to get us to be on the same page to win.”

Back