*****Oklahoma @ Nebraska Game Thread*****

GParker

Reaction score
Source Link

Game Specs:

Teams: Oklahoma (12-8, 3-3) vs. Nebraska (12-8, 0-5)
Date & Tip Time: Saturday, Jan. 30 at 7 p.m. CST
TV: None
Radio: Sooner Radio Network
KRXO FM 107.7 in Oklahoma City
KTBZ AM 1430 in Tulsa
Sirius 153
Webcast: SoonerSports.com All-Access
Live Stats: Huskers.com
GAME PREVIEW
Oklahoma (12-8 overall, 3-3 Big 12) goes for its first league road win when it plays at Nebraska (12-8, 0-5) Saturday at 7 p.m. CST (the game was originally scheduled for 12:30 p.m., but winter weather prohibited OU from leaving Norman on Friday). The Sooners, who posted an 89-84 home win over Iowa State on Wednesday, are 0-3 in conference road games despite holding leads of at least seven points in all three. Nebraska, which last won on Jan. 5 against Southeastern Louisiana, is 10-2 at home. Saturday's contest will air on the Sooner Radio Network with Bob Barry Sr. and Mike Houck announcing. The game will not be televised due to the time change, but a free, live video webcast will be streamed here on SoonerSports.com.

NOTEWORTHY
• Oklahoma is 104-81 all-time against Nebraska and 37-46 in Lincoln. OU has won nine of the last 12 overall meetings but has lost the last two in Lincoln.
• Big 12 teams are a combined 132-9 (.936) at home this year.
• In its five true road games (1-4 record), OU is averaging 66.8 points and is shooting .373 from the field and .274 (29-for-106) from 3-point range. In its 12 home games (10-2 record), Nebraska is holding opponents to an average of 55.9 points and to .400 field goal and .344 3-point shooting.
• Oklahoma is averaging a Big 12-high 8.3 3-point makes per game. The school record for average treys per contest in a season is 8.5 (in 1998-99).
• OU ranks second in the Big 12 with its .743 free throw mark. The Sooners have made 315 free throws while their opponents have attempted 332.
• Over the last three games, Tommy Mason-Griffin is averaging 28.3 points and 4.0 assists. He is 12-for-23 (.522) from behind the arc and 15-for-17 (.882) from the foul line.
• Mason-Griffin has made at least one 3-pointer in 19 of 20 games, and at least two treys in 13 of the last 16 outings. He ranks second in the Big 12 in 3-point field goal percentage (.448), fourth in assists (4.7 apg) and seventh in 3-pointers per game (2.2).
• In OU's six conference games, Mason-Griffin is shooting .500 (20-for-40) from 3-point range. The rest of the team is shooting .226 (21-for-93).
• Mason-Griffin is the first OU guard to score at least 20 points in three consecutive games since All-American Hollis Price did it in 2002-03 as a senior. Tim McCalister in 1983-84 was the last OU freshman to pull off the feat.
• Junior guard Cade Davis is has scored at least 15 points three times in the last seven games and is averaging 11.6 points over the stretch (he averaged 7.7 points in the team's first 13 games). A .390 field goal shooter on the year, Davis has shot .500 or better in five of the last seven outings. Over the last four games, he is averaging 12.5 points and 5.8 rebounds in an average of 38.2 minutes.
• Senior guard Tony Crocker, who has started his last 85 games, has recorded his only six career double-doubles over his last 13 outings.
• Crocker needs 10 rebounds to become just the second Sooner to ever record 1,000 points, 500 boards and 150 3-pointers in a career (Ryan Minor is the other).

PREVIEWING NEBRASKA
Nebraska enters Saturday's game winless in Big 12 play, losing three road games (64-53 at Texas A&M, 70-53 at Missouri and 72-60 at Colorado) and two at home (84-72 to Kansas and 56-53 to Iowa State). The Huskers are shooting .393 from the field in league action and are getting outrebounded by 6.0 a game. They've made their mark on the defensive end of the floor, however, as they surrender just 61.0 points a contest on the year (fewest of any Big 12 team). In 12 home games (they're 10-2), the Huskers have held foes to an average of 55.9 points.

Senior guard Ryan Anderson, who scored a team-high 19 points against OU in Norman last year, leads the Huskers in scoring and rebounding with his respective 10.7 and 5.1 averages in 26.4 minutes a game. Anderson, who adds 2.2 assists and a Big 12-high 2.2 steals per contest, is shooting .362 from 3-point range (25-for-69) and .764 from the free throw line (42-for-55). In Big 12 play, he's averaging 8.4 points and 5.6 boards. Five other Huskers average between 7.2 and 9.3 points a game. Freshman forward Christian Standhardinger, from Germany, sat out the season's first 15 games but is averaging 9.3 points and 3.8 rebounds in an average of 16.0 minutes in his four outings. He came off the bench to score a team-high 14 points in 12 minutes of action at Colorado on Wednesday. Sophomore guard Brandon Richardson is averaging 8.5 points, freshman center Jorge Brian Diaz is averaging 8.3 points and 4.0 rebounds, senior guard Sek Henry is averaging 7.9 points and freshman guard Eshaunte Jones is averaging 7.2 points with the help of .444 3-point shooting (team-high 32 makes). Junior guard Lance Jeter leads the team with his 4.0 assists per game and adds 6.8 points.

Doc Sadler is in his fourth year as Nebraska's head coach and owns a 67-48 (.583) record. The 1982 Arkansas graduate is in his sixth season as a collegiate head coach (he was at UTEP for two years) and owns a 115-66 (.635) career mark.

LAST YEAR AGAINST THE HUSKERS
In the only meeting between the two teams last season, Oklahoma overcame a 38-32 halftime deficit and posted a 72-61 home win over Nebraska on Jan. 21. Blake Griffin finished with 27 points and 18 rebounds for the Sooners, and added two assists, three blocks and two steals. Austin Johnson recorded 15 points (3-for-6 from 3-point range) and five assists, and Tony Crocker contributed 12 points (3-for-7 3-point shooting), four boards and five assists. Nebraska shot .500 from the field and .545 (6-for-11) from 3-point range in the first half, but just .310 and .167 (2-for-12) in the second. The Huskers entered the game forcing 18.7 turnovers per game, but OU committed just seven. The Sooners' 72 points were an NU opponent season high at the time.

4286933.jpeg

Let's do this thing!

Does anybody else think Tiny might not start ala Texas Tech to see how much the refs are calling ticky tacky fouls early?

Last year's recap:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHsVR1i5GPw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHsVR1i5GPw[/ame]

please hit some shots tonight...

My favorite OU/Neb game was a triple overtime game back early in Kelvin's tenure, I believe. Can't remember the year, or final score, but I believe both teams were just over 100 points. Nail biter the entire way.

My favorite OU/Neb game was a triple overtime game back early in Kelvin's tenure, I believe. Can't remember the year, or final score, but I believe both teams were just over 100 points. Nail biter the entire way.

Oh yeah. I remember that game. I can't remember who went off for us. Eric Martin?

I also remember the heartbreaker when Relly made that poor pass and then couldn't hit the game winner.

3 OT's, OU won 117-100.

Anybody know where to find a box score?

3 OT's, OU won 117-100.

Anybody know where to find a box score?

I checked soonerstats and he usually has everything and he didn't have the box score. Here was our roster that year.

Abercrombie
Allison
Dion Barnes
Michael Cotton
Erdmann
Bobby Joe Evans
Tyrone Foster
Chris Giles
Jason Hutton
Minor
Alex Rideout
Evan Wiley
Jason Yanish

need help, when trying to view live webcast, its keeps poping up internet explyer has stopped working, anyone that can help?

Silverlight is a program that soonersports makes you download to view games, its through CBSSports. The feed is through Nebraska so try the link BigTime posted.

Back