Oklahoma State adds another 4-star player

thebigabd

Reaction score
Chris Harris, 6'2'' guard, chose OSU over A&M, Tech, and others.

This likely means they will have 5, 4-star players to bring off the bench next year.

PG: Isaac likekele (6'4'' 209) - Sophomore... #2 in assists in the Big 12. Leading returning assist guy in league.
SG: Lindy Waters (6'6'' 212) - Senior... 12 ppg... #5 3pt shooter in the Big 12. 44.8% and hit 70 3's.
SG: Thomas Dziagwa (6'4'' 180) - Senior... 12 ppg this year... #1 3pt shooter in the league. Hit 105 3's.
PF: Cameron McGriff (6'7'' 220) - Senior... 12 ppg this year
C: Yor Anei (6'10'' 225) - Sophomore... #1 shot blocker in the Big 12.

Bench:

Marcus Watson (6'6'' 215) - #90 overall player... 4 star
Avery Anderson (6'2' '170) - #123 overall player... 4 star
Kalib Boone (6'8'' 205) - #128 overall player... 4 star
Curtis Jones (6'4'' 180) - #69 overall player. 4 star. Indiana Transfer
Chris Harris (6'2'' 175) - #97 overall player. 4 star.
Duncan Demuth (6'8'' 215) - #37 power forward... 3 star

good squad for sure.

Boyton can recruit and coach.

Waters and Dizagwa are good shooters with limited defensive skills. Hopefully the young guards are pushing them for playing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avery Anderson is freak athlete.

Watson is Boytons Nephew

This is bad news for West Virginia. Now they will clearly have stiff competition for the league title. :)

they are searching for 1 grad transfer.

He seems like a no nonsense coach. In two years he has booted off 5 players off his team for discipline issues. That’s a really solid recruiting class to go along with their four seniors they have returning. Even though last years OSU squad was short manned they were a tough outing for anyone.

once again I think he's a good coach. I like that kid. He relates well to the players since he could be like their older brothers and he gets them really enthused. Sure he's learning some other ropes but I'm a bit jelly.

If Boynton achieved at OU precisely what he's achieved at oswho, under the same circumstances, he wouldn't be coming in for the praise he consistently gets here. Quite the opposite.

For example, he's been praised here probably a dozen times for the aggies' early 20-point lead against OU in a game that they went on to lose by 9 points.

Had a Sooner team -- yes, even with the depth issues Boynton was dealing with -- squandered a 20-point lead at home and lost by nine, Kruger would have gotten ripped to shreds by the GHE Club.

abd, who over the years has demonstrated that he LOVES to celebrate other programs -- he's very generous in that regard -- has assured us repeatedly that Boynton has a remarkable collection of talent there in Stillwater, that he's an amazing coach and that they are going to blow up next season and take college basketball by storm (ok, I'm exaggerating a little bit, but not by much).

Why, even in the original post in this thread, he lists the remarkable accomplishments of the aggies' 2019 starting five. But I have to ask, if that starting five was that good, how in the world did they finish last in the Big 12? And how would (some of) our fans have handled a 12-20 finish by a team with that amount of talent on it, even taking the depth issues into account? I can answer that last one: very badly indeed.

But good ol' Mike Boynton comes in for commendations and pats on the back with regularity here. It's puzzling. It's almost as if there's a double standard.

Please note: I'm making no predictions regarding the aggies in the 2019-20 season; I wouldn't be surprised to see them improve significantly. Heck, I stated here several time as last season wound down that it would be a mistake for any team who played them in the home stretch to look past them (I said the same about WVA). But I do find it remarkable the degree to which some are willing to give other programs a break they would never give our own coaches and players.

Last edited:
He seems like a no nonsense coach. In two years he has booted off 5 players off his team for discipline issues. That’s a really solid recruiting class to go along with their four seniors they have returning. Even though last years OSU squad was short manned they were a tough outing for anyone.

Yup...he's a keeper. Those guys played hard for him this past year. In all honesty, I love it when BOTH programs are really good. OSU was during the entire Eddie Sutton tenure. OU was a little down during Eddie's first few years as Billy Tubbs was suffering from burnout. But from the time Kelvin Sampson arrived until they both exited, that was as good a basketball rivalry as any involving two programs who are not considered "blue bloods".

Yup...he's a keeper. Those guys played hard for him this past year. In all honesty, I love it when BOTH programs are really good. OSU was during the entire Eddie Sutton tenure. OU was a little down during Eddie's first few years as Billy Tubbs was suffering from burnout. But from the time Kelvin Sampson arrived until they both exited, that was as good a basketball rivalry as any involving two programs who are not considered "blue bloods".

+1 .. That Sutton vs. Sampson era was high-level Bedlam, in every sense.

I think both programs have reason for optimism. It would be nice to have both arenas rockin' full to watch future Bedlam games.

I understand where you're coming from, but sign me up for osu sucking for eternity ;)

Also i think the boynton love is embarrassing too. So at least im consistent when i complain about kruger

OU was in much worse shape when Lon took over and we made the tournament in year 2. Boynton finished last in the big 12 in year 2...

For the record, I think Boynton is a good coach and will be successful at osu. I just like our hall of fame coach better.

OU was in much worse shape when Lon took over and we made the tournament in year 2. Boynton finished last in the big 12 in year 2...

For the record, I think Boynton is a good coach and will be successful at osu. I just like our hall of fame coach better.

Exactly, was thinking this very thing a couple days ago. Agree on all points.

I don't think we can reach any conclusions on Boynton yet. The next year or two will reveal a lot.

Boynton's team last year I thought played hard and hustled at all times. I don't think that could be said about the last 2 OU's men's basketball teams.

If Boynton can't win next year, he will just be known as a recruiter. I don't think that will be the case. I see a lot of promise and potential, both with that team and him as a coach. You can't win with 6 guys.

Back