Oklahoma State adds another 4-star player

Boynton's team last year I thought played hard and hustled at all times. I don't think that could be said about the last 2 OU's men's basketball teams.

So when they lost to Charlotte, Nebraska by 23, TTU by 28, KSU by 39, lost a 20pt lead to OU, barely beat Corpus Christi & Central Arkansas they played hard & hustled the whole game?

I'll give you the season 2 years ago about not playing hard & hustling but this years team did. They had hiccups like everyone else but they played very hard consistently.

So when they lost to Charlotte, Nebraska by 23, TTU by 28, KSU by 39, lost a 20pt lead to OU, barely beat Corpus Christi & Central Arkansas they played hard & hustled the whole game?

I'll give you the season 2 years ago about not playing hard & hustling but this years team did. They had hiccups like everyone else but they played very hard consistently.

Exactly. We had two or three games where we played like crap and got blasted. I guess that means a lack of hustle when it comes to OU, but not when it happens significantly more often to OSU or other teams.

I would note one thing that can be definitely and factually said about Boynton's teams the past two seasons that can't be said about Lon's teams: Boynton's teams have qualified for as many NCAA tournaments as I have.

They hired his brother. He will be 1 and done. Legit legit!

The days of OSU not being good are over... eventually talent wins out.... and they are accumulating a lot it. Probably the 3rd best in the league in terms of rated talent. How that translates into D1 is anyones guess at this time.

They will be good this year.. but should be very dangerous the next 2 years after that.

Boynton is a good coach. His predecessors were too. OU is 6-4 against OSU in the last ten games and 13-7 in the last twenty. Take that back as many years as you want and nothing changes. OU is still the state’s best basketball program!

I think it goes without saying the Pokes will have a nice collection of talent next season. But, in case you missed it, OU will be pretty good too.

I think it goes without saying the Pokes will have a nice collection of talent next season. But, in case you missed it, OU will be pretty good too.

Thank you. I hope I live long enough to see abd gush over an OU team as much as he does other programs, but I'm not holding my breath.

OSU had an open practice/player reunion yesterday. From what I gather the "practice" was kind of a dog and pony show for the fans. Bryce Thompson was there and they brought back a couple of Iba's family.

Any word on when our "player reunion" game will be this y ear?

I'm more confident of the former than I am the latter.

No one is more negative about OU basketball than OU basketball fans. Which is ironic considering how often our fans think broadcasters and the media at large are pro-OSU and anti-OU.

this is very much the case ... also local Oklhaoma media is much the same way

OU basketball gets much more respect from other fans and national media than it does locally

Some OU fans are also highly selective about who they deem to be a proper fan. I wonder if other schools have that problem too?

I want osu to be terrible every single year in every single sport. That is all.

Back