Oklahoma State

sybarite

Reaction score
12-5, 2-4 in Big Twelve play. They have lost at home to Baylor and Kansas State. They lost on the road to Tech and Texas. They did beat TCU on the road. Thus, they are -1 in road/home. OSU started 10-0 before losing to Oregon State. They really hadn't played anyone other than Georgia, winning 71-51 in Stillwater. They really haven't looked good in Big Twelve play. They did beat Iowa State in Stillwater.

6-4 Jr C Kaylee Jensen 18.68 ppg, 10.31 reb, 29 blocks, 36% from three
5-8 Soph G Karli Wheeler 11.81 ppg 3.06 reb, 34% from three
6-3 Jr F Mandy Coleman 11.50 ppg, 6.56 reb,
5-11 Sr G Diana Omozee 7.88 ppg, 4.00 reb, 50 assists, 17 steals
6-0 Sr F Katelyn Loecker 5.25 ppg, 3.00 reb, 51 assists

5-10 Fr G Areanna Combs 3.86 ppg 2.56 reb
6-2 Soph F Latashia 3.60 ppg 4.33 reb

OSU shoots 42.47% from the field, but only 29.61% from three. They really don't have a three-point shooter. They are 66.67% from the line. They tend to outrebound their opponents by about seven. But, they have slightly more turnovers, and slightly fewer steals.

OSU is not a deep team. They do play 5-10 Fr G Andrea Echols and 6-3 soph Jentry Holt some. They are a tall team.

The only way that they win is if we play a mundane game.

12-5, 2-4 in Big Twelve play. They have lost at home to Baylor and Kansas State. They lost on the road to Tech and Texas. They did beat TCU on the road. Thus, they are -1 in road/home. OSU started 10-0 before losing to Oregon State. They really hadn't played anyone other than Georgia, winning 71-51 in Stillwater. They really haven't looked good in Big Twelve play. They did beat Iowa State in Stillwater.

6-4 Jr C Kaylee Jensen 18.68 ppg, 10.31 reb, 29 blocks, 36% from three
5-8 Soph G Karli Wheeler 11.81 ppg 3.06 reb, 34% from three
6-3 Jr F Mandy Coleman 11.50 ppg, 6.56 reb,
5-11 Sr G Diana Omozee 7.88 ppg, 4.00 reb, 50 assists, 17 steals
6-0 Sr F Katelyn Loecker 5.25 ppg, 3.00 reb, 51 assists

5-10 Fr G Areanna Combs 3.86 ppg 2.56 reb
6-2 Soph F Latashia 3.60 ppg 4.33 reb

OSU shoots 42.47% from the field, but only 29.61% from three. They really don't have a three-point shooter. They are 66.67% from the line. They tend to outrebound their opponents by about seven. But, they have slightly more turnovers, and slightly fewer steals.

OSU is not a deep team. They do play 5-10 Fr G Andrea Echols and 6-3 soph Jentry Holt some. They are a tall team.

The only way that they win is if we play a mundane game.

It's Rodrea Echols. And I whole-heartedly agree with the last sentence. Oklahoma should have no problem limiting the inside game, and OSU has NOTHING from the outside.

rpi today

#23 Oklahoma
#39 Oklahoma State

Others of note:

#10 Baylor
#13 Texas
#14 Kansas State
#26 Texas Tech
#67 West Virginia
#108 Iowa State
#125 Kansas
#129 TCU

#15 Kentucky
#42 California
#47 South Dakota State
#58 Ark--Little Rock
#82 BYU
#112 Oral Roberts
#140 Xavier

7-0 Baylor, Texas
5-2 Kansas State, Oklahoma
3-3 Texas Tech
3-4 West Virginia
2-4 Oklahoma State
1-6 TCU, Iowa State
0-7 Kansas

We lead the Big Twelve in steals and are second in turnover margin (because of steals?).

I feel better about our chances because we are at home, but I'm nervous we might throw out a clunker tomorrow, we are due, if you look at the track record this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You never know what/which OU women team shows up. We all seen them play decent basketball and we seen them play really bad. There really no reason for this with a team with this much experience. Sometimes I wonder how much effort from coaches/players are put in for game preparation.

Love our defensive effort, but turnovers and, once again terrible shooting killing is.

25% from the field is beyond pathetic and they almost never miss.

We are going to have our work cut out for us in the 2nd half.

That was, straight up, very hard to watch.

Maddie was starting to get it at the beginning of Big 12 play, and she's since disappeared.

OU down 13-20 on the boards with Jensen on the bench for 17:30 of the first half. Little, Manning and Carter 1-10 from the field. Dribble, dribble. This team never plays like a seasoned senior team. Hopefully they can get it together the second with Jensen playing for the pukes. Did finally see a turnaround in Mulkey the first half.

players and coaches should not smile and high five when they turn the ball over

Give them credit, their defense (certainly not their offense) has pulled them back into the game.

This may be the toughest defense Sherri has ever fielded. Certainly toughest since the twins.

Give them credit, their defense (certainly not their offense) has pulled them back into the game.

This may be the toughest defense Sherri has ever fielded. Certainly toughest since the twins.

At times they do play tough defense..I agree

Thank you Maddie Manning and our defense. Saved us today.

If you are OSU and you are shooting the ball well, why do you just keep fouling?

I think I saw more shots rim out in the last 48 hours than in the total conference season.

Close to 10 recruits at the game today. Murcer and Levings I recognized.

Our players need to let Mulkey take care of her opponent. They called two fouls on us when other players tried to help. Let Mulkey block the shot.:facepalm

And all of our players need to practice shooting that 8-10 footer in the lane. I didn't get to watch but the last 7 minutes but I saw about three of those shots passed up for turnovers.:facepalm

Good win!
:OU-logo:

For all the complaining about turnovers we only had 9. OSU had 21, those extra 12 possessions were largely the difference.

Back