Portal

RE: picking up Iowa State players: unless we are getting an athletic player like Caitin Clark, I believe we need to use space to get solid post players. Liz and Bestrice are good but we need at least two of those players on the floor at all times and preferably taller players. We have proven talent in Tot, Vann, Joens. Tucker...and those 4 are quick and pretty good defenders, ball-handlers. and shooters (Tucker, maybe not as much a shooter, but passes well), then I expect Reyna Scott to play well, the transfer who had to sit out this season..Payton?.
The teams who did well in NCAA tournament had at least two athletic power forwards or posts on the floor at all times. We have never had that with the exception of the Paris twins and Olajuwan...even then, they were strong and good shooters but not really athletic in other ways. If Iowa State had not lost their big player to injury in the 1st game against us, their season would have been different. I wish she would transfer..love to get her.

Last edited:
Not likely Jennie would prefer ISU over OU as she would have to recruit against her alma mater annually. Also I do not see ISU paying more than OU will to keep her. But get a profitable chance to return to Iowa City and she is likely gone. JMHO.

I don't see Jennie going for Lisa Bluder's job, but maybe. I feel she might have a problem with only being somewhere two years and then switching jobs. I kind of think the associate there has a good shot at the job, but don't really know her background. Then again, re:Jennie, she would inherit a really good team.

Per an OSU poster on RebKell's Junkie Boards:

OK State has 3 in the portal this year:

-Lexy Keys
-Macie James
-Makyra Tramble(likely going to Oral Roberts with her former D2 coach)

Also from RebKell Junkie Boards:

Per Raoul, KK Deans (5'8 Sr PG, Greensboro, NC) and Jordyn Merrit (6'3 Jr F, Plano, TX) are in the portal out of Florida. Deans should be a grad transfer and eligible to play immediately although she played for WVU prior to coming to the Gators.

This is a quote from Jackie Nared, Oregon Assistant Coach. (Oregon has lost 3 or 4 players to the portal this season:

Quote:
Just curious, is it NIL or pay for play? The amount of teams that have reached out to our current players without being in the portal is crazy.
I stand on the fact that we will do things the right way though

Guess you have to cheat to have an advantage these days. The number of kids in the portal that already know where they’re going is unbelievable. The college basketball’s off-season has really turned into free agency. IMO

I guess Phil Knight's money doesn't extend to Oregon WBB.

Also from RebKell Junkie Boards:

Per Raoul, KK Deans (5'8 Sr PG, Greensboro, NC) and Jordyn Merrit (6'3 Jr F, Plano, TX) are in the portal out of Florida. Deans should be a grad transfer and eligible to play immediately although she played for WVU prior to coming to the Gators.

And Raoul had another Florida WBB announcement today:

Nina Rickards (5-9 SR combo guard, Queens, NY) has announced she's entering her name into the portal, as a grad xfer out of Florida WBB; 2022-23 stats: 12.1 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 1.9 APG, 49 steals

Aneesah Morrow. She is a definite take. Soph 6-1 wing. Leading scorer for DePaul. 25.7 PPG, 12.2 RPG, 87 steals, and 47 blocks according to Raoul.

Oh please! Be still my hopeful heart!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crap! And we sit dead in the water!

Crap! And we sit dead in the water!

No, we sit where we always sit with women's recruiting. The players and coaches play it close to the vest, unlike the men's coaches and players.

I hope so. Perhaps some news in the next month.

Really hate seeing what the transfer portal is doing to college athletics. I think it is going to run all the sports. And a large multitude of those entering the portal are not going to get the scholarships they seek and lose their opportunity for a basically free education. Just sad IMHO!

Last edited:
Really hate seeing what the transfer portal is doing to college athletics. I think it is going to run all the sports. And a large multitude of those entering the portal are not going to get the scholarships and lose their opportunity for a basically free education. Just sad IMHO!

I think they'll find someone to go but more than likely it won't be as good as wherever they are leaving.

Someone on the other board said Van Lith is a "no contact." Someone has probably poached her with major NIL money.

Back