Portal

And still we make no moves. I guess with only a spot or two available JennIe is just going to run with what she has.

The players that remain are going to have high expectations before them.

I hope they can produce 3/4 as good as the previous starting 5!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCU’s coach Mark Campbell was an assistant at Oregon before taking the Sacramento St head coaching job

And still we make no moves. I guess with only a spot or two available JennIe is just going to run with what she has.

The players that remain are going to have high expectations before them.

I hope they can produce 3/4 as good as the previous starting 5!

Why the rush? If you only have 1/2 spots… better not f it up.

True, but there are some top players already in the portal who could, in my opinion, be big-time players for us and who would be a stronger foundation than what is currently on the team.

True, but there are some top players already in the portal who could, in my opinion, be big-time players for us and who would be a stronger foundation than what is currently on the team.

They have to be the right fit and if they are just looking for a payday I doubt they would be the right fit.

I just don't see any high profile kids in the portal committing to OU, for some reason. If we sign anyone, I bet it'll be a player we hadn't mentioned prior.
I know we didn't sign Joens until May last year, so we still have some time. I'd be interested to see where Donarski, Van Lith, Bettes and Owusu end up. Hopefully not at LSU, but I bet KM lands at least one major player!

Lexy Keys just committed to Oklahoma, bedlam switch. Thoughts?

She is a solid experienced 3 point shooter at guard. A good rotation player similar to our add of Aubrey Joens last year. Jennie must have wanted another shooter to help replace our 3 seniors.

In the portal era I think moves to bitter rivals will become common…players don’t feel the rivalry like the fans do.

She is a solid experienced 3 point shooter at guard. A good rotation player similar to our add of Aubrey Joens last year. Jennie must have wanted another shooter to help replace our 3 seniors.

In the portal era I think moves to bitter rivals will become common…players don’t feel the rivalry like the fans do.[/QUpOTE]

True, but for certain the players from earlier generations were far more bitter than those from today's game. Also rival distaste can be somewhat unilateral. For certain historically puke fans have had massive hate for the Sooners whereas Sooner fans merely dislike, have no use for or belittle the little brother pukes.

Interesting…I see Lauren Ware started following most of the OU players on Instagram recently.

Ware is from North Dakota. Her and JB are probably familiar with each other from JBs time at Drake. However, Iowa is looking for someone like Ware also.

Really hate seeing what the transfer portal is doing to college athletics. I think it is going to run all the sports. And a large multitude of those entering the portal are not going to get the scholarships and lose their opportunity for a basically free education. Just sad IMHO!

Yes

I think they'll find someone to go but more than likely it won't be as good as wherever they are leaving.

Based on 2021 numbers 40% of FBS (football) players entering the portal do not find FBS scholarships on the other side of the transfer portal. While 20% transferred without academic aid.

The article indicates 22% of WBB and 11% of softball players enter the transfer portal which is significantly less than for men's basketball (31%) and baseball (18%). But they provide no numbers for the women athletes that enter the portal and do not get athletic aid after transferring. Those numbers are aggregate numbers for all scholarship athletes which includes both genders But those numbers would suggest a WBB team would average better than 3 transfer annually and softball more than 4 transfers.

Last edited:
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/raoul_000/status/1651011931099090946?s=46&t=DjHlFc4Qe70teNivqP9JjA[/TWEET]

Oklahoma State has added 6’3” Kansas forward Ioanna Chatzileonti. She only played in 11 games last season due to injury.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ichatzileonti/status/1651643282537996290?s=46&t=DjHlFc4Qe70teNivqP9JjA[/TWEET]

Lauren Ware has committed to Texas A&M.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/laurenmarieware/status/1653173109674106881?s=46&t=DjHlFc4Qe70teNivqP9JjA[/TWEET]

Back