*****Oklahoma-Utah Gameday Thread*****

Some props are deserved for Ryan Wright who had a couple of big boards in OT

gut check is right. first ten minutes of the 2nd half were clutch. scoring drought in the last 10 minutes and missed FT's were painful.

but, W=W. at this point, i'll take it and as Jimmy V used to say: survive and advance.

I'm not sure how we won this game. They outshot us 40-34%. They blocked thirteen shots! Rebounds were only 47-45.

Although it seemed that they never called a foul on Utah, especially on Foster, they had 25 fouls to our 19, and we scored 26 of 34 from the line whereas they were 16 of 24.

We really didn't shoot well. We were sloppy. The officials seemed determined to let Foster win the game instead of Gallon. Yet, we won.

Incidentally, with the big guys that Utah had, the high man for the game for rebounds was Crocker with 10.

It's crazy that they outfouled us. Had the refs called all contact they made with willie driving, they would have had 40

TMG appears to be developing that amnesia that great players have to have. Great play by him at the end.

In football, we lost all four close games we played in. That must have been why I wasn't as confident as usual when this game went into OT. It just feels great to get a win in such a tight game. We couldn't seem to make a jump shot after the first TV timeout to open the game, yet we came away victorious. This could really be the turning point of our season. I think I'll have a beer.

That turnover by TMG just before the end of the game might have lost it. I was furious at his lack of decisiveness in his pass. Then, he did just take over the game in the last few seconds.

OU tried to throw that game away with all the poor shooting and free throws missed at the end of the second half. There were plenty of mistakes made but instead of giving up this team came right back and fought hard to get this win.

This is a complete turn around from what we saw in Richmond or in Alaska. This team just turned that corner. I am a proud fan and happier than ever to have Capel as our coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how we won this game. They outshot us 40-34%. They blocked thirteen shots! Rebounds were only 47-45.

Although it seemed that they never called a foul on Utah, especially on Foster, they had 25 fouls to our 19, and we scored 26 of 34 from the line whereas they were 16 of 24.

We really didn't shoot well. We were sloppy. The officials seemed determined to let Foster win the game instead of Gallon. Yet, we won.

Coaching and timely defense and rebounding!

Back