\\\\\\\\\\Oklahoma vs. Kansas Game Thread//////////

an inexperienced team of underclassmen lose to the top-ranked senior led team of NBA prospects and ncaa all-americans on the road after leading for most of the game.

I saw it as a good game by OU. can't understand all the poor saps who see it as nothing but reasons to gripe.

nice job guys!!

I think I speak for nearly everyone here when I say I was pleased with the way our kids played in one of the toughest environments in the country against the #1 ranked team. Except for a brief period in the second half when they got rattled and lost their composure, I couldn't be happier with tonight's performance. This OU team has a very bright future!

meh. I refuse to criticize Lon over that experience stuff. he relies on the kids to grow and get that themselves. I like his style. I like him letting the kids grow into their roles and use their heads.

Exactly.

For as much as the fans butch about him, we have been leading teams that are a lot better than us for 80 percent of the game almost every game.

Go look back at our schedule and how close most of our games were. ESP games against better teams...too teams in the country.

That's a sign of a good coach.
It's frustrating that we can't finish but pretty amazing we are in some of these games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

961ca13158ea6f5eef28d691cfceb164.jpg

Would like to see a little more humility.

So proud of our guys...They continue to fight and not give up. A great game tonight in a very hostile environment, but you all held your cool... Now, lets go make some noise in the Big 12 Tournament !!!!

I am proud of how we played. Also,
F Kansas.
F Allen field house.
F Danny Manning.

Boomer.

Would like to see a little more humility.

I have thought a lot about this and normally I would too. BUT ...

I think a big personality and a guy who calls for the ball in crunch is exactly the piece this teams needs.

we have a bunch of guys with excellent supporting skills and no one for them to lend support to. Let them find their spots in the niche around his lead. He penetrates and drives for his shot ... and dishes to any one of 4 guys with 1 on 1 moves and finishing skills not to mention nice outside jumpers.

He's perfect for this group. I think his personality should be welcomed and encouraged.

I have thought a lot about this and normally I would too. BUT ...

I think a big personality and a guy who calls for the ball in crunch is exactly the piece this teams needs.

we have a bunch of guys with excellent supporting skills and no one for them to lend support to. Let them find their spots in the niche around his lead. He penetrates and drives for his shot ... and dishes to any one of 4 guys with 1 on 1 moves and finishing skills not to mention nice outside jumpers.

He's perfect for this group. I think his personality should be welcomed and encouraged.

Except he hasn't played a second of college ball and is a self proclaimed savior of ou bball.

Idk. It just seems like it would rub me the wrong way if I was a current player.

We played hard.....can't fault the effort with these young men. Just lost our composure late in the 2nd half....once again.

The future looks good......if we can learn how to inbound the effing ball.

He's been around the program/players long enough for them to know what he's like and capable of.

Except he hasn't played a second of college ball and is a self proclaimed savior of ou bball.

Idk. It just seems like it would rub me the wrong way if I was a current player.

I'm guessing he's played some pick-up games with some of these guys but even if he hasn't he has confidence which is what this team needs in the worst way. We need a guy who is willing to make the type of plays some of our players are too hesitant to make. As of now, only McGusty has been consistent in trying to do that and even he has struggled at times to not be the one missing the shot. So, embrace Trae's confidence because it will pay dividends probably sooner than later.

Back