>>>>>>>Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State Gameday Thread<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State Gameday Thread<<<<<

Get off your ass an starting coaching at the end of games .

McGusty was in trouble behind the basket and no one came to help him and our senior PG didn't run and help or call timeout.

I'm so dumbfounded by this team that these losses don't even sting....hoping it isn't apathy.
I hate to say this, but, I reached the point of apathy. Numb.

He's not a great recruiter either. So what is he good at? He's a high character guy. That's it.

I thought he was a good talent developer but starting to look like that was more the players than the coaching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop being ridiculous. He inherited a dumpster fire with zero talent and made a sweet 16 and final 4 in years 4 and 5. He and his staff developed Buddy and made numerous other players good college players. This is a young team. We win if McGusty calls a TO or Woodard doesn't turn it over. We will get better.

Stop being ridiculous. He inherited a dumpster fire with zero talent and made a sweet 16 and final 4 in years 4 and 5. He and his staff developed Buddy and made numerous other players good college players. This is a young team. We win if McGusty calls a TO or Woodard doesn't turn it over. We will get better.

Imherited zero talent? Clown post

He is a great developer of talent.

And he has been successful wherever he has gone so it simply cannot just be the players.

I can agree with you to a degree. However, Lon's four main stops have proven that in each of his tenures, his teams are cyclical over a few years. He builds a program that has success, but there is always a rebuilding year mixed in somewhere. What is unprecedented with this team is how they have cratered (record-wise) and will likely be one of the worst seasons in OU history.

I'm not sure what it says, that I wasn't really mad. Almost as if I could feel it coming, I've accepted we aren't very good, have zero leadership, have a senior guard who's regressed be it because of injury, illness, bad luck, or lack of effort and work ethic it is what it is. May as well hit the reset button and play the young guns so they can gel and gain continuity for nxt season.

I'd say apathy is very close. These kids are human. I know they take 1 game at a time...but pretty sure most havent been in this situation in their careers...maybe.

Ya saw some major non excitement from them tonight...doubt will keep lingering. Heck...if we feel it wothout even playing sure they do.

9 more games...

I know I'm being ridiculous and venting. But the point still stands. And I think the final four was more luck and Kruger striking it rich in buddy and cousins. And Spangler coming home

Imherited zero talent? Clown post

Nick Thompson, Carl Blair, Fitzgerald, the guard you think was the next Russell Westbrook, etc. Yeah, we were loaded, I forgot.

Lulz

Sofffffft team

McGusty was in trouble behind the basket and no one came to help him and our senior PG didn't run and help or call timeout.

I'm so dumbfounded by this team that these losses don't even sting....hoping it isn't apathy.

There wasn't enough room to help him as he was up against the end line and a couple of defenders in his face. He really only had one of two choices to make, either call a time out or throw the ball off one of the defenders and let it go out of bounds and start anew.

I can agree with you to a degree. However, Lon's four main stops have proven that in each of his tenures, his teams are cyclical over a few years. He builds a program that has success, but there is always a rebuilding year mixed in somewhere. What is unprecedented with this team is how they have cratered (record-wise) and will likely be one of the worst seasons in OU history.

That is the case with KSU, UF, and OU....don't know how it would have turned out at Illinois because he was building a great roster and then he left for the NBA.

And we're saddled with another week of James trying to emerge from his slump.

And Woodard took zero free throws.

Last edited:

Nick Thompson, Carl Blair, Fitzgerald, the guard you think was the next Russell Westbrook, etc. Yeah, we were loaded, I forgot.

Lulz

Not surprising that you didn't mention the others including a player that was 1st team All Big 12.

Like I said, clown post.

I know I'm being ridiculous and venting. But the point still stands. And I think the final four was more luck and Kruger striking it rich in buddy and cousins. And Spangler coming home

Luck? Who recruited Buddy and Cousins? Think back over their development and tell me they weren't light years better at graduation than from day 1. Spangler is the missing link on this team. Everybody butcher about him but he could rebound all day long.

There wasn't enough room to help him as he was up against the end line and a couple of defenders in his face. He really only had one of two choices to make, either call a time out or throw the ball off one of the defenders and let it go out of bounds and start anew.

Yup and he did neither...I know, he's "young"...how many bball games do you think he's played in? At a high level at that...100 a yr? 300 total?

I love his upside, what he's doing...BUT that was a huge mistake. But. That's the season...I'm more bummed at woodards to at the end.

Back