>>>>>>>Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State Gameday Thread<<<<<

Luck? Who recruited Buddy and Cousins? Think back over their development and tell me they weren't light years better at graduation than from day 1. Spangler is the missing link on this team. Everybody butcher about him but he could rebound all day long.

Kind of my point. I think Kruger signed two players that weren't that highly recruited and they transformed into the players they were bc of their work ethic and not so much coaching. Perfect storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: >>>>>>>Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State Gameday Thread<<<<<

Lon may still be that great coach , but his staff is a shell of itself right now.

Missing Henson big time

Not surprising that you didn't mention the others including a player that was 1st team All Big 12.

Like I said, clown post.

Osby and Clark were good. Clark was undersized and really didn't develop until his senior year. Osby was very good but one player won't do anything. So I take that back he inherited a 2 player roster. Yeah.

Lulz

Osby and Clark were good. Clark was undersized and really didn't develop until his senior year. Osby was very good but one player won't do anything. So I take that back he inherited a 2 player roster. Yeah.

Lulz

And you are forgetting Bird, but you said he "inherited zero talent". Do understand what the word zero means?

Lon may still be that great coach , but his staff is a shell of itself right now.

Missing Henson big time

I like Lon and am glad that he is our coach. And I expected some hiccups and growing pains with this collection of youth/inexperience. Having said that, I would grade him around a D+ this year. IMO, I think he tinkered with the lineup too far into the season instead of making a damn decision. I won't hold all of the constant, end-of-game brain farts against him, but at some point, he is responsible for the execution on the floor.....and it really hasn't been there for much of the season.

And we're saddled with another week of James trying to emerge from his slump.

And Woodard took zero free throws.

Yep....at some point, a slump becomes a trend....and a trend becomes "what you are".

As a team, we are 8-13.....and as the great Bill Parcells would say - "you are what your record is".

Solid F imo.

Most thought OU was a middle of the pack Big 12 team, didn't count on losing all but one close game or blowing four leads (UT, OSU, ISU, TCU) in the game's final minute.

OU could be 6-3 in the league with a few breaks here or there (unlikely to win every close game but could be), better than where they were picked.

Season is lost for sure with no post season play, we'll see how competitive these kids are down the stretch.

I think our freshmen will learn to win by the time they are seniors. The senior on whom we should have been able to count has kind of let us down this year, after three solid years. Had to have a bad streak sometime, I guess.

Their coach is amazingly ugly.

No doubt Kruger deserves some blame for this season. Just a terribly put together team. But Kruger's a great coach in the end and will right the ship before long. Just not this year.

The most disappointing thing besides all the close losses this season is the two upperclassmen starters. The young players are constantly compared to Hield/Cousins, but Hield/Cousins had upperclassmen that led the team when they were freshmen. That isn't the case this year and the freshmen have to essentially win the game for OU.

The most disappointing thing besides all the close losses this season is the two upperclassmen starters. The young players are constantly compared to Hield/Cousins, but Hield/Cousins had upperclassmen that led the team when they were freshmen. That isn't the case this year and the freshmen have to essentially win the game for OU.

Good point. Lattin travels at a key moment, and the choke by Woodard was just inexcusable. Why did he stop? Why did he go to the side? This is a SENIOR PG.

We had I think 4 seniors (Osby, Pledger, Fitzgerald, Sam Grooms?) that all contributed and lead the team in scoring, rebounds, assists, etc. Remember Cousins wasn't even producing as a freshman (2.7/2/1.7) and then he broke out sophomore year. Not enough upperclassmen right now.

We had I think 4 seniors (Osby, Pledger, Fitzgerald, Sam Grooms?) that all contributed and lead the team in scoring, rebounds, assists, etc. Remember Cousins wasn't even producing as a freshman (2.7/2/1.7) and then he broke out sophomore year. Not enough upperclassmen right now.

And Cam and M'baye were juniors.

This speaks to the concern I have addressed a number of times the past few months: the absence of a team leader. A team totally void of leadership is more likely to fall apart at crunch time. The final minutes of last night's game were nothing more than a repeat of seven or eight games we have seen this season.

Even worse, I don't see that changing anytime soon. And, if I had to name a likely candidate next season, I couldn't do it. We can only hope one will emerge between now and the start of the season.

Back