+++++Oklahoma vs. Texas Gameday Thread+++++

Damn!....was out drinking whiskey and smoking cigars. Awesome!....we won! Can't believe it but credit to these youngsters. Skyvue....I owe you a whiskey/scotch of your choice.:chestram2?:woot

Looks like we were plus 15 with Shepherd in the game. If he develops some confidence in his offensive game he could be a good point guard. We just seem to play with much more control with him running the offense.

McNeace played like a man tonight. Hope he keeps it up. Woodard's injuries and Lattin's failure to improve much are big reasons we have had such a tough season.

Allen is a thug. Got away with a lot of dirty stuff in the paint. Officials let him push Doolittle around all night. Hate to face him for 3 more years.

McGusty seems to have hit the wall a bit. Still hasn't learned how to score other than one on one.

Strong-Moore fell on the bad shoulder. Wonder if he is too injured to play. Saw little of him in the second half.

A lot of very negative stuff on the game thread. That with the guys playing all-out the whole game. Wouldn't have know we were ahead until the final score was posted.

Allen is a thug. Got away with a lot of dirty stuff in the paint. Officials let him push Doolittle around all night. Hate to face him for 3 more years.

Allen won't be around for 3 more years. A lot of Texas fans fear he's going to leave after this season.

Its only NEGATIVE to you a few others that don't like it when we call out Sherri Coale. I do not pick on any player unlike most others on there when games are going badly. I will continue to say SC is over paid until recruiting picks up and OU is once again one of the truly elite programs (nationally) So there you have it. Besides this is the Men Basketball Forum

He makes it sound like only a few others complain about him and that the vast majority call out SC. His posts are like finding a dead bug in your coffee.

+1

If Allen goes pro next year, he might want to practice on his free throws. But I'm glad he missed them.....:woot

He makes it sound like only a few others complain about him and that the vast majority call out SC. His posts are like finding a dead bug in your coffee.
I didn't say anything about the vast majority..you did. But there may be more than you think. Far as a dead bug in your coffee, find a different place to get your coffee.

Lattin will start every game at the 5 until he exhausts his eligibility. You may set your watch to that fact if you wish.

But it has been AWESOME watching McNease develop. How sweet would it be to see the improvement between sophomore and junior mirror that of freshman to sophomore?

If that happens between this year and next season then he should be our starting center. I think the next step is just consistency. If he did anything remotely close to 14/14 a night, say maybe 10/10 or around there, wouldn't you want him to start and get more minutes?

Looks like we were plus 15 with Shepherd in the game. If he develops some confidence in his offensive game he could be a good point guard. We just seem to play with much more control with him running the offense.

McNeace played like a man tonight. Hope he keeps it up. Woodard's injuries and Lattin's failure to improve much are big reasons we have had such a tough season.

McGusty seems to have hit the wall a bit. Still hasn't learned how to score other than one on one.

Strong-Moore fell on the bad shoulder. Wonder if he is too injured to play. Saw little of him in the second half.

A lot of very negative stuff on the game thread. That with the guys playing all-out the whole game. Wouldn't have know we were ahead until the final score was posted.

A couple of thoughts.

(1) We definitely looked much better with Shepherd than Strong-Moore. He airballed a finger roll for goodness sakes. :ez-laugh: :facepalm

(2) We trailed 80-90% of the game. The deficit was usually under 5 but a few times as high as 9-10. The game was in doubt until 10 seconds remained in the game.

If that happens between this year and next season then he should be our starting center. I think the next step is just consistency. If he did anything remotely close to 14/14 a night, say maybe 10/10 or around there, wouldn't you want him to start and get more minutes?
I didn't say I was in favor of Lattin starting. I just don't think anything besides a quantum leap from McNease will change anything about the starting center next year.

They could also pose some interesting challenges four our opponents by giving Lattin some time at the 4, but I'd consider it a sign of the apocalypse if it ever comes to fruition on the floor. The guy does have a decent face-up game, and he seems more comfortable 10-12 feet from the basket. Oh well.

I don't go to the womens board anymore due to Sybarite. However, there is a lot to complain about SC given her salary and how routine we have become at being a middle-of-the-pack big 12 womens program that gets regularly pasted by Baylor. Yes, the womens program was in dire straits before she was hired, but Baylor was equally as bad when they hired Mulkey. To see her win multiple NC's with good play while the OU women continue to struggle with turnovers and really bad play at times is frustrating. If SC were paid a quarter or half of her current salary many would never complain. Give that money to Patty Gasso who may be the best coach in the OU athletic department. IMO.

:eek:ldwt356::buddy

I didn't say I was in favor of Lattin starting. I just don't think anything besides a quantum leap from McNease will change anything about the starting center next year.

They could also pose some interesting challenges four our opponents by giving Lattin some time at the 4, but I'd consider it a sign of the apocalypse if it ever comes to fruition on the floor. The guy does have a decent face-up game, and he seems more comfortable 10-12 feet from the basket. Oh well.

He still takes way too many shots given his FG percentage from 6 feet out or more. He's becoming the Tim McCallister of this team because once he gets the ball within 12 feet he's shooting it.

If that happens, I think doolittle will be regulated to coming off the bench. For some reason, Lattin is a fixture in the starting lineup. I think it would be

Trae
Mcgusty
Odomes
Mcneace
Lattin

although I wouldn't mind trying doolittle at the 3 to see how it goes

If that happens, I think doolittle will be regulated to coming off the bench. For some reason, Lattin is a fixture in the starting lineup. I think it would be

Trae
Mcgusty
Odomes
Mcneace
Lattin

I like the confidence of inserting Trae as the PG, but I like Doolittle over both Khadeem and McNeace at this point with the upside I think "KD' can bring the next 3 years.

Trae
Mcgusty
Odomes
Mcneace
Lattin

Smh

Doolittle might be the best damn player on this team.

Back