One open note to X

coolm

Reaction score
you'll never be half the player Blake is right now.

tia

idc if he does or not. just wanted to say it.

willie+warren+dunks+on+xavier+henry.jpg

While we're urinating on X, I have to send my condolences to Brady Morningstar and Tyrell Reed who have given up their PT for a 25 year old redshirt baseball vet.

While we're urinating on X, I have to send my condolences to Brady Morningstar and Tyrell Reed who have given up their PT for a 25 year old redshirt baseball vet.

CJ won't beat those two out. Those 3 will be setting at the end of the bench discussing CJ's experiences in the minors though. :)

CJ won't beat those two out. Those 3 will be setting at the end of the bench discussing CJ's experiences in the minors though. :)

CJ will be starting and getting 30 plus minutes by year two.

Did you hear that Ray McCallum!

Good luck X...always nice to see local guys do well...forgive this board for it's hate and jealousy...

Good luck X...always nice to see local guys do well...forgive this board for it's hate and jealousy...
Well, I could see where Oklahomans would be a bit upset. Him and his family certainly could have handled it with more class. I'm not a huge fan of having to take swipes at in-state schools before leaving. I know he and his family were asked about it a lot, but it really isn't that hard to be complimentary in saying you aren't interested in those schools. That I could respect a little more. But, I don't lose sleep over it, and stopped caring years ago. Maybe it's because I didn't always grow up here or go to high school here.

I do agree, however, to a certain extent that people are just going to have to get over it. Now X could be a one and done, I contend he won't be, but I certainly think he should be "welcomed home" to the LNC in two years if he is still playing. As long as it is all in good fun and not taken so personally.

The Henry family doesn't owe Oklahoma or Oklahoma State anything, but more dignity could have been present.

Last edited:
Well, I could see where Oklahomans would be a bit upset. Him and his family certainly could have handled it with more class. I'm not a huge fan of having to take swipes at in-state schools before leaving. I know he and his family were asked about it a lot, but it really isn't that hard to be complimentary in saying you aren't interested in those schools. That I could respect a little more. But, I don't lose sleep over it, and stopped caring years ago. Maybe it's because I didn't always grow up here or go to high school here.

I don't think it was the fact he left the state. KU has gotten alot of Oklahoma athletes and I don't think anyone harbored bad feelings for Case, Jackson, Giddens, Pritchard, Maddox, etc. I think the blatant show of not respecting the instate schools are what board members here site. I don't think it's jealousy, because KU has got 5 star NBA type players from this state before.

I don't think it was the fact he left the state. KU has gotten alot of Oklahoma athletes and I don't think anyone harbored bad feelings for Case, Jackson, Giddens, Pritchard, Maddox, etc. I think the blatant show of not respecting the instate schools are what board members here site. I don't think it's jealousy, because KU has got 5 star NBA type players from this state before.
I'm agreeing with that.

DM, I agree mostly with what you said but there has definitely always been some hate towards Oklahoma kids who choose KU or other schools for that matter. It always stings when the in state kid doesn't choose the state school.

Back