One thing I'd really like to see in OU's next coach

coolm

Reaction score
I think it's OUR turn to luck into that guy who's so hungry that he basically lives in his office on campus or at the practice facility (a la Snyder usetado at KState)... and who eats, drinks, and sleeps (on those rare occasions when he lays down) OU basketball and recruiting and planning.

I don't know who that guy is, but that's what I want. If it's Buzz then grab him. If it's someone else grab them. Our program needs attention and dedication. I think the fans will return with that and I definitely think the success will as well.

No matter who is our choice, he'd best not read this message board, or he could get a real complex...

The key question is who is the next Sean Miller?

Someone who has taken a high mid-major to the next level.

Other than Snyder and Butler the team that played more like I would like to see the Sooners play was Princeton. But that is not a typical situation because I believe that Ivy League schools don't even have athletic scholarships.

Snyder would be ideal. His teams play like Sampsons on defense and on the boards and with a good offense. And he seems like a guy that players would want to play for.

I'm a little concerned about Marshall. If you remember Capels last VCU team did not make the NCAA and the next year they did after he was gone. Wichita didn't make it this year. If he is a guy for OU why did he not get there this year.

I know all the OU fans would love to have Evans but Joe C has to be pretty gutsy to take a chance on him.

Smart is interesting but I'm concerned about his regular season. Any team can get hot in March. His big school assistant experience would play well for recruiting.

The Sooners probably would have to pay over $4 Million with the buyout for Buzz. Could Snyder be any more expensive?

there has to be the right guy out there. I don't think Joe C would go cheap unless the higher priced guys are just not available.

Pearl would likely come with some pretty serious restrictions on recruiting and now we know he cheats to get his players.

If we didn't go for Billy G I don't see us going for Pearl.

bruce-pearl-tennessee.jpg

When I think of energy and putting people in the stands I think of Pearl. I have lived it, living in Tennessee, BUT, he comes with baggage...lots of it! I am a huge Pearl fan but I am very disappointed in his behavior this year. When you coach you Tennesee you are under a tremendous pressure to win and I hate to say, he did what he had to do to win and fill the gym. He sure had us fooled...when he gets his act together and is truly remorseful for his actions, somebody will get a super coach!

My God after looking at that suit,I did'nt realise just how much I hate orange,(texas,osu)

Looks like he's in a bathroom stall with his hands on each wall trying to push one out.

I want our coach to come in and stir up some emotion, some energy. Something like, "Hey Texas, we're comin' for you" or "We are going to take back our claim as the best basketball program in Oklahoma." Anything to get our fans back into OU basketball.

What is the buyout on the Butler coach? If you don't go after someone like that, or you aren't willing to make that dollar commitment, we shouldn't have fired Capel.

All of the others that I have seen named on the boards have limitations that would probably result in mediocrity at best. I don't see a star, a program builder. If not Butler's coach, I want a clone.

What is the buyout on the Butler coach? If you don't go after someone like that, or you aren't willing to make that dollar commitment, we shouldn't have fired Capel.

All of the others that I have seen named on the boards have limitations that would probably result in mediocrity at best. I don't see a star, a program builder. If not Butler's coach, I want a clone.

Contracted through 2022...he's not going anywhere this year.

Back