OSU fans respond to the Clark news....

In all honesty, OSU has a helluva recruiting class. It's better than last years. But I think OSU fans know that Capel is a guy that can recruit on a whole different level than what has been seen in this state.

In all honesty, OSU has a helluva recruiting class. It's better than last years. But I think OSU fans know that Capel is a guy that can recruit on a whole different level than what has been seen in this state.

I'm really confident in Ford's recruiting abilities. Take a look at his first class. He got a universally recognized top 20 class without coaching a single game. Pretty impressive.

For these top tier players you have to have 2 or 3 year relationships with these guys. And the class of 2011 and 12, Ford will have been talking with them for a while. I'd put a hundred bucks on Ford landing a top 25 player in the next two years.

You need to present him with a copy of BigTime's historical and statistical comparison of the two programs.

We need to take that to kinkos and get it professionaly made, then distribute it in Stillwater on bedlam night.

I'm really confident in Ford's recruiting abilities. Take a look at his first class. He got a universally recognized top 20 class without coaching a single game. Pretty impressive.

For these top tier players you have to have 2 or 3 year relationships with these guys. And the class of 2011 and 12, Ford will have been talking with them for a while. I'd put a hundred bucks on Ford landing a top 25 player in the next two years.

He may. But he won't get top 10 guys like Capel is lining himself on doing 4 years in a row

We need to take that to kinkos and get it professionaly made, then distribute it in Stillwater on bedlam night.

Alas, I have come to realize (or, rather, have had reaffirmed) in recent years the sad truth that a certain percentage of the populace -- and I fear many of the oswho faithful might be counted among them -- refuse to let facts interfere what they strongly believe (or wish) to be true.

These are folks who can stand outside on a sunny day and insist the sky is green, if that assertion more conveniently fits with their worldview.

He may. But he won't get top 10 guys like Capel is lining himself on doing 4 years in a row

Sho'nuff.

Ford is a very good recruiter. The talent he has recruited speaks for itself.

Having said that, all you have to do is look at Capel's recruiting track record and it is just mind-boggling. If he lands even just one of the handful of elite guys we are in on this year, Coach Capel will have landed at least one Top 10-20 player in each of the last 4 years. That is absolutely unreal.

The only thing I could think of to top that would be if Capel manages to reel in a guy like Harrison Barnes, an undisputed Top 3. If he did that, someone better start looking for gold to make him a crown.

This might be the greatest of all time.
View Post
on another board, someone claiming to be in the know swears we took this guy over CC a week or two ago and didn't announce and had no room for CC, thus his commit to uo. Just FYI.

Revisioning how that turned out can help heal wounds quicker I suppose. Soon they will have never wanted him at all.

What a difference a fanbase makes. We didn't bellyache and make excuses when Cobbins chose them. Well, I did say he probably wouldn't get the ball, but I stand by those statements. But for the most part, OU fans said Cobbins was a good get and would be a good player and congrats to the kid. These pricks are totally different.

"Clark to the F-ing goons"

"Man this has been a ****ty weekend. I really thought we had a better than 50% chance of landing him. Man I hate the F-ing goons. I will not be able to take them being good at basketball year in and year out."

"I DIDNT SEE THAT ONE COMING."

"Yep, from his interview on scout, it sounded like Olukemi wanted to commit. But Ford and co. weren't accepting it until Clark made his mind up."

"Oh, well. He's lost to the dark side now."

"I cannot handle the Gooners becoming dominate in basketball. With the way they have been recruiting it is headed that way."

Here is the best one, considering the timing of the Olukemi verbal:

Uh I wonder where this cowboy has been, OU has been very good for a very long time, and getting better.

on another board, someone claiming to be in the know swears we took this guy over CC a week or two ago and didn't announce and had no room for CC, thus his commit to uo. Just FYI.

Who was the idiot that said this.

What a difference a fanbase makes. We didn't bellyache and make excuses when Cobbins chose them. Well, I did say he probably wouldn't get the ball, but I stand by those statements. But for the most part, OU fans said Cobbins was a good get and would be a good player and congrats to the kid. These pricks are totally different.

I didn't see one post trashing Clark, saying he wasn't any good etc... Sure there were the normal 'Gooners', etc... But don't pretend for one second OU boards aren't full with 'OSUx', 'Faggies', 'Stoolwater'.

It's just the name of the game of message boards.

I didn't see one post trashing Clark, saying he wasn't any good etc... Sure there were the normal 'Gooners', etc... But don't pretend for one second OU boards aren't full with 'OSUx', 'Faggies', 'Stoolwater'.

It's just the name of the game of message boards.

Saying Olukemi was a better prospect and saying that OSU coaches prefered Olukemi over Clark is just plain basketball ignorance. I wish you, as a sensible OSU fan could have set them straight. Also, this board is pretty objective about OSU and refrains from insults. The most insulting guy towards OSU is probably me, and I'm not into all of the juvenile name calling.

I didn't see one post trashing Clark, saying he wasn't any good etc.

Did you see people seemingly ignorant of the fact that OU has been consistently good in basketball for more than a quarter of a century? People who were worried that OU was "getting good"?

Because I did. And that indicates a special brand of orange cluelessness there, my friend.

Did you see people seemingly ignorant of the fact that OU has been consistently good in basketball for more than a quarter of a century? People who were worried that OU was "getting good"?

Because I did. And that indicates a special brand of orange cluelessness there, my friend.

I think those fans know OU is "good" or actually better than OSU. The myth that has been pushed by their fanbase and given legs by Oklahoma Media that try to balance their OU football agenda, is evident in those statements. It's not cluelessness. It wasn't cluelessness when they had sour grapes and were calling the Griffin's thugs and AJ and Tony crackheads after OU spanked them.

Guys, HoHum is a good fan of basketball and obviously he knows what OU has accomplished in basketball over the years but it is NOT his job to convince the entire OSU fanbase that OU is a better program, regardless of his opinion.

First, he supports OSU, not OU. I wouldn't expect him to go to their board and give props to OU on a frequent basis. No Sooner fan would do so if the shoe was on the other foot. Heck, Ford is doing a really nice job right now and most of what I see on this board are OU fans ripping him.

Second, even if he did frequently give props to OU on their board, they wouldn't listen.

To give him a hard time about what their entire fanbase thinks/says is way off base.

Guys, HoHum is a good fan of basketball and obviously he knows what OU has accomplished in basketball over the years but it is NOT his job to convince the entire OSU fanbase that OU is a better program, regardless of his opinion.

First, he supports OSU, not OU. I wouldn't expect him to go to their board and give props to OU on a frequent basis. No Sooner fan would do so if the shoe was on the other foot. Heck, Ford is doing a really nice job right now and most of what I see on this board are OU fans ripping him.

Second, even if he did frequently give props to OU on their board, they wouldn't listen.

To give him a hard time about what their entire fanbase thinks/says is way off base.

Hohum is great. Very rarely do I like an OSU fan because they're so delusional and so anti OU, but Hohum isn't one of those guys.:ford

It remains one of my biggest disappointments that so many OU fans don't even know how good we've been - and it's even worse when they assume OSU has the all-time series lead. :rolleyes:

Back