OSU is loaded....

We have spent more time as a board breaking down the OSU roster in great detail than we have in general conversation about what we expect from our team this year.

No offense guys, but two things:

1. If you aren't starting threads about OU basketball and what to expect, you don't get to criticize the board or other posters for that.

2. If you don't want to talk about OSU basketball, in this case, you can clearly avoid a thread that is dedicated to just that.

You want to discuss something specific about OU bball right now? Start a thread. I like reading and talking about our competition. Big 12 is pretty interesting right now.

No offense guys, but two things:

1. If you aren't starting threads about OU basketball and what to expect, you don't get to criticize the board or other posters for that.

2. If you don't want to talk about OSU basketball, in this case, you can clearly avoid a thread that is dedicated to just that.

You want to discuss something specific about OU bball right now? Start a thread. I like reading and talking about our competition. Big 12 is pretty interesting right now.

Agreed. And lets not forget "it's good to be king."

Last edited:
I obviously touched a nerve. Sorry guys. I didn’t mean to imply that you all dislike the OU program. That’s pretty clear every time you guys post.

At any given time there are 4 to 5 post about OU on the oSuX football and basketball threads on each of their forums.
We aren’t them. We are NOT alike.
As Sooners we don’t care what’s going on in Stoolwater, we never have and we never will.
If I may request something I’d ask PLEASE don’t start threads about them here.
We already know they suck and will always suck.
No one here cares who what or why they are doing.
Did I mention we already know they suck?
We already know they bought Cade Cunningham. We already know they still suck. We already know they will always suck and the biggest thing is NOT ONE SOONER FAN CARES ABOUT THEM OR WHAT THEY ARE DOING.
There is a good reason we don’t care about what they are doing = they don’t even matter.
If they left the B12 and joined the WAC or dropped to DII no one would miss them and no one would care.
Starting threads about oSuX here is like posting about the last dump you took… no one cares and no one wants to hear about it…

Starting threads about oSuX here is like posting about the last dump you took… no one cares and no one wants to hear about it…

I guess I'll delete the pictures I was about to post...

At any given time there are 4 to 5 post about OU on the oSuX football and basketball threads on each of their forums.
As Sooners we don’t care what’s going on in Stoolwater, we never have and we never will.
We already know they bought Cade Cunningham. We already know they still suck. We already know they will always suck and the biggest thing is NOT ONE SOONER FAN CARES ABOUT THEM OR WHAT THEY ARE DOING.
There is a good reason we don’t care about what they are doing = they don’t even matter.
If they left the B12 and joined the WAC or dropped to DII no one would miss them and no one would care.

Depends on who supplied the throne (it's a "king" sort of thing).

I don’t mind talking about them or any other Big12 program as long as the thread is marked for that.

I honestly wouldn’t mind talking about teams outside of the Big12, but realize that shouldn’t happen on this forum.

It’s the off season & news/topics are slow.

Such a childish mindset, IMO.

Again, no offense.

We shouldn't talk or know about OU's opponents? I disagree. Any basketball talk is better than no basketball talk. Dissecting an opponent gives insight into the season approaching. Some of us want to know the ins/outs of teams on OU's schedule.

We shouldn't talk or know about OU's opponents? I disagree. Any basketball talk is better than no basketball talk. Dissecting an opponent gives insight into the season approaching. Some of us want to know the ins/outs of teams on OU's schedule.

My criticism was that the board is so willing (and knowledgeable) to discuss OSU's players in detail. What they expect. How they view them playing together as a unit. Who will start. What roles they'll play.

Every time we try to discuss similar things about OU, we get push-back "don't get too excited, we don't know how these guys will play," etc. Our board is full of Moncrieffe experts, but who has watched game tape of Jordan Goldwire or seen more than the Kansas game tape of the Groves brothers. Anyone watched Alston Mason's Mokan Elite highlights? Or seen him in person?

My criticism was that the board is so willing (and knowledgeable) to discuss OSU's players in detail. What they expect. How they view them playing together as a unit. Who will start. What roles they'll play.

Every time we try to discuss similar things about OU, we get push-back "don't get too excited, we don't know how these guys will play," etc. Our board is full of Moncrieffe experts, but who has watched game tape of Jordan Goldwire or seen more than the Kansas game tape of the Groves brothers. Anyone watched Alston Mason's Mokan Elite highlights? Or seen him in person?

Have you asked those questions on one of the many threads about OU players? Because I can say yes to all 3 of those questions & have gushed over Goldwire.

No offense guys, but...

LOL. Just a way to alert one that I am going to offend you.

And as someone that has been on this board from about the beginning, didn’t know there were rules limiting the appropriate responses to a thread.

The point in my response is there has been a lot of hype and building up of OSU and Texass. Almost to the point of overkill and forgetting that the most of the rest of the league also upgraded their rosters, including us. Including KU. If those orange teams were the only ones making upgrades through the portal and incoming players, then, yeah, maybe the buildup would be warranted. But why no talk about KU in the same way? They are ranked in the top 4. Baylor in the top 7-8.

Nothing wrong about talking about what’s happening in hoops, particularly within our own conference. It just feels like a lot of adoration for those two teams on this board.

LOL. Just a way to alert one that I am going to offend you.

And as someone that has been on this board from about the beginning, didn’t know there were rules limiting the appropriate responses to a thread.

The point in my response is there has been a lot of hype and building up of OSU and Texass. Almost to the point of overkill and forgetting that the most of the rest of the league also upgraded their rosters, including us. Including KU. If those orange teams were the only ones making upgrades through the portal and incoming players, then, yeah, maybe the buildup would be warranted. But why no talk about KU in the same way? They are ranked in the top 4. Baylor in the top 7-8.

Nothing wrong about talking about what’s happening in hoops, particularly within our own conference. It just feels like a lot of adoration for those two teams on this board.

If there was more "adoration" of KU do you think it would be received differently than OSU talk? We know that's likely not to be the case for there would be an offering of disdain. Secondly, OSU is a local rival/competitor and the rivalry which exists between OU and OSU is a different breed than the one which exists between us and KU.

If there was more "adoration" of KU do you think it would be received differently than OSU talk? We know that's likely not to be the case for there would be an offering of disdain. Secondly, OSU is a local rival/competitor and the rivalry which exists between OU and OSU is a different breed than the one which exists between us and KU.

I think for a lot of us, with respect to this particular OP, is that he always hypes up teams that clearly aren’t “loaded.” KU, Baylor, and Texas (at least this season) all have legitimately elite talent and are projected to be among the five or ten best teams in the country. OSU is clearly not in that weight class. But just like he has done in the past with teams like TCU and ISU, the OP is making the Pokes out to be world beaters. He is certainly entitled to post whatever he wants, but if you constantly hype up other teams beyond any reasonable level, then it is only natural to expect some push back.

I’m perfectly fine with people discussing other teams, especially conference teams. But if you are going to be over the top in your praise of a team that hasn’t really accomplished much and is projected to be middle of the pack this season in the conference, then you have to take whatever heat comes your way.

I’m perfectly fine with people discussing other teams - WichitaSooner

That is so nice of you. Thank you for being fine with what some people talk about.

Nothing wrong about talking about what’s happening in hoops- MJSooner

Great!

Every time we try to discuss similar things about OU, we get push-back "don't get too excited, we don't know how these guys will play," etc.-pnkranger

Every time?

We shouldn't talk or know about OU's opponents? I disagree. Any basketball talk is better than no basketball talk. Dissecting an opponent gives insight into the season approaching. Some of us want to know the ins/outs of teams on OU's schedule.-NAIA

One would think......

It makes me laugh how upset some people get and rush in here to DEFEND THE HONOR OF THE TEAM AT ALL COSTS! You don't get an award for gallantry. It's just basketball. Who cares if someone wants to talk about the prospects of a different team in the league? ABD never put our team down, relax.

It makes me laugh how upset some people get and rush in here to DEFEND THE HONOR OF THE TEAM AT ALL COSTS! You don't get an award for gallantry. It's just basketball. Who cares if someone wants to talk about the prospects of a different team in the league? ABD never put our team down, relax.

Actually, he did. Not overtly, but his "info" was definitely spin. It always is. He didn't have to mention OU in that post at all, but if he was going to, he should have given an evenhanded account of both teams. He definitely did not, as I pointed out in my comments above.

I don't have any problem with posts about other teams. Had he not mentioned OU in his post, I wouldn't even have responded. But "info" that is cherry-plcked and slanted? That's abd's standard MO, and I'll push back on it every time.

Actually, he did. Not overtly, but his "info" was definitely spin. It always is. He didn't have to mention OU in that post at all, but if he was going to, he should have given an evenhanded account of both teams. He definitely did not, as I pointed out in my comments above.

I don't have any problem with posts about other teams. Had he not mentioned OU in his post, I wouldn't even have responded. But "info" that is cherry-plcked and slanted? That's abd's standard MO, and I'll push back on it every time.

Push back why? Are you afraid someone will be sad that the team isn't going to be as amazing as you think they will be?

It's okay to just let the season play out and see what happens instead of jumping in to defend their honor.

Push back why? Are you afraid someone will be sad that the team isn't going to be as amazing as you think they will be?

It's okay to just let the season play out and see what happens instead of jumping in to defend their honor.

I always let the season play out. I never make preseason predictions. And I wouldn't bet a large order of fries on the Sooners' prospects this season for the sole reason that I don't have any idea what their ceiling is or their floor. I'm looking forward to finding out.

So I'm not offended that anyone might think any given team is better than OU. I, too, can name Big 12 teams that I think will likely be better than OU. I object when they play fast and loose with the facts by cherrypicking them and skewing them, as I detailed above, and abd is the primary source of that kind of nonsense on this board.

Back