OSU/K-State

How did we amass so many aggies on this board?

:eddie187_jpg_xs: :eddie187_jpg_xs: :eddie187_jpg_xs: :eddie187_jpg_xs:

They come flocking for validation at the first positive sign. Huge win on the road. Great win.

Like clockwork, they show up on OU boards saying, "look what we did. look what we did."

OSU hasn't shown a pulse on the road since Eddie Sutton was headcoach before this recent KSU win then.

Didn't OSU win a couple of road games last year? I know they didn't during Sean's tenure.

I would call almost beating A&M showing a pulse on the road

FWIW, Colorado also "almost" beat A&M in College Station, and they've lost something like 35 straight conference road games. The game before that, OSU blew their doors off in Stillwater.

OSU hasn't shown a pulse on the road since Eddie Sutton was headcoach before this recent KSU win then.

Sheesh. Use extremes much?

You don't have to beat a top 10 team on the road to "show a pulse", but you need to beat somebody.

Didn't OSU win a couple of road games last year? I know they didn't during Sean's tenure.

Yes. OSU won three conference road games last year. And we beat a ranked A&M team in College Station in Sean's last year... I believe that was his one and only conference road win.

Anyway, we're not talking about past years, we're talking about THIS year.

And while OU has looked a bit better lately, they have been mostly blown away in road games this year.

We beat Utah on the road, took OT and since it was Utah it is not pulse worthy.

FWIW, Colorado also "almost" beat A&M in College Station, and they've lost something like 35 straight conference road games. The game before that, OSU blew their doors off in Stillwater.

QUOTE]

OSU got beatdown by Baylor who lost to Colorado. You can't judge the Big 12 by individual comparison games. Doesn't work.

We beat Utah on the road, took OT and since it was Utah it is not pulse worthy.

Speaking of Utah, they are 10-9. They have lost to San Diego State, Seattle, Oklahoma, and Illinois State at home. OU is their only home loss that went to overtime, lol.

Yes. OSU won three conference road games last year. And we beat a ranked A&M team in College Station in Sean's last year... I believe that was his one and only conference road win.

I believe osu beat a ranked A&M on the road, came home beat top 5 kansas, then went on the road and beat mizzu (where no one else has beaten mizzu uo there since)

The OT win at neb was a good win.

OSU got beatdown by Baylor who lost to Colorado. You can't judge the Big 12 by individual comparison games. Doesn't work.

It doesn't work when directly comparing teams every single time, but we can certainly draw some broad strokes, can we not? Especially when you keep home/away status constant.

The OSU-Baylor (in Waco), OSU-Colorado (in Stillwater), Baylor-Colorado (in Boulder) examples are crossing home/away status.

That's not the case with OU-A&M and Colorado-A&M.

OU "almost won" against A&M in College Station and then Colorado also "almost won" in College Station a few days later.

My point in bringing up the OSU-Colorado game was not to compare OSU to anyone. It was to note that CU hasn't been great shakes on the road.

So the overall point was "almost winning" at CS might not be a great barometer for road-game improvement, given that Colorado -- a horrible road team -- did the same thing a few days later.

By that logic in 2008 when KU won a national championship and lost in Stillwater but OU won in Stillwater, OU is the better team than KU. I am going to go get some 2008 OU basketball National Champion t-shirts made.

FWIW, Colorado also "almost" beat A&M in College Station, and they've lost something like 35 straight conference road games.

Actually CU has 11 road conferences losses in a row. They won at Baylor in 08.

Get your facts straight and quit making up BS aggie.

I can't wait for Bedlam 2.

It doesn't work when directly comparing teams every single time, but we can certainly draw some broad strokes, can we not? Especially when you keep home/away status constant.

The OSU-Baylor (in Waco), OSU-Colorado (in Stillwater), Baylor-Colorado (in Boulder) examples are crossing home/away status.

That's not the case with OU-A&M and Colorado-A&M.

OU "almost won" against A&M in College Station and then Colorado also "almost won" in College Station a few days later.

My point in bringing up the OSU-Colorado game was not to compare OSU to anyone. It was to note that CU hasn't been great shakes on the road.

So the overall point was "almost winning" at CS might not be a great barometer for road-game improvement, given that Colorado -- a horrible road team -- did the same thing a few days later.

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/wqtshdlrlj--Get-your-facts-straightFootball-Mike-Gundy-Press-Conference-Mike-Gundy-

By that logic in 2008 when KU won a national championship and lost in Stillwater but OU won in Stillwater, OU is the better team than KU. I am going to go get some 2008 OU basketball National Champion t-shirts made.

Seriously... did you even read my post?

My point was quite clear.

At this point 'd be pleased as punch if OU was having the season that oSu was having. Hate to admit it, but to date they are our best win of the season...man, this year turned out to just be "one of those seasons". Still excited to see what can happen down the stretch, but the program definately took a step back this year [noting that I think we get back to where we were next season]. Downside of bringing in a bunch of talent is that you can get caught in this type of year [see UConn, on occassion they would miss the dance, only to be in the FF a year or two later].

Back