OSU post game vs. The Big 12

Lomers is such a beast. The guy just dominates on both ends of the court. And here are the pics to prove.......

Defense

Offense

great pics :) Lomers suffers from terrible asthma and bad knees so he won't be a big minutes guy. But Drew finally learned how to use him effectively at the end of the season. He is big; sets good screens and has decent post moves on the blocks. And unlike Rogers who liked to finger roll around the rim, Lomers will flush it. I would bet he sees 10-12 minutes per game.

To answer ABD, I would guess that Udoh and Acy log the heaviest minutes. Sekelja is a mystery. The reports are that he has NBA talent. But he's only 18 and how many 18 year old big guys are ready to come in and light the big 12 on fire?

The best ones now- Aldrich, Pittman and Udoh- were pretty raw their freshman year. Gallon is likely such a unique talent that he will contribute. But it would be wise not to expect the 2nd coming of Blake Griffin. He will have his own growing pains- especially on the defensive end.

Last edited:
I think OSU is going to be better than most people think. Similar to last year.

I agree. They will have plenty of issues. But outside of UT and Kansas, it will be hard to find a trio that is more productive than Muenelo, Anderson and Moses.

OU- Gallon, TMG, Warren; K St- Clemente, Judge, Pullen; and Baylor- Dunn, Carter, Udoh- have that potential to be there but all three of those OSU guys are proven commodities.

The key for OSU will be keeping Moses out of foul trouble. And that is not going to be easy. I am sure every team they play will be game-planning to use his aggressive nature against him.

Last edited:
Ekpe Udoh also for Baylor. He's the best player on Baylor's roster. And there are plenty of good players. One high school coach with strong A&M affiliation remarked at the Baylor camp last week after watching him play, "Wow that kid is an NBA player. Best kept secret in America." Don't shoot the messenger- I'm just letting you fellas know what you are in for...

Udoh is not going to cause anyone any problems offensively. I like the guy and have watched him play at Sante Fe and AF for years and he has never been a offensive threat outside of the catch and dunk.

great pics :) Lomers suffers from terrible asthma and bad knees so he won't be a big minutes guy. But Drew finally learned how to use him effectively at the end of the season. He is big; sets good screens and has decent post moves on the blocks. And unlike Rogers who liked to finger roll around the rim, Lomers will flush it. I would bet he sees 10-12 minutes per game.

To answer ABD, I would guess that Udoh and Acy log the heaviest minutes. Sekelja is a mystery. The reports are that he has NBA talent. But he's only 18 and how many 18 year old big guys are ready to come in and light the big 12 on fire?

The best ones now- Aldrich, Pittman and Udoh- were pretty raw their freshman year. Gallon is likely such a unique talent that he will contribute. But it would be wise not to expect the 2nd coming of Blake Griffin. He will have his own growing pains- especially on the defensive end.

Nice try. No one is buying Udoh and Aldrich in the same sentence yet. Udoh is an amazing shot blocker and good defender and rebounder, but he is going to have to show some offensive game before you put him that high. He didn't have it in high school and he didn't have it at Michigan.

I think that Aldrich, Pittman, and Gallon will be three best offensive bigs in the league next year. Gallon is the highest rated recruit that OU has ever had, and by all accounts, is keeping the weight down and performing very well. In case you forgot, the guy put up 20 points in the burger game (leading scorer) off the bench, so you know he can score.....

Nice try. No one is buying Udoh and Aldrich in the same sentence yet. Udoh is an amazing shot blocker and good defender and rebounder, but he is going to have to show some offensive game before you put him that high. He didn't have it in high school and he didn't have it at Michigan.

True, but you gotta give DFW credit for trying to slip that one by us. :clap

True, but you gotta give DFW credit for trying to slip that one by us. :clap

Oh he is good. I have a feeling he was involved in marketing when he lived in the northeast. He knows how to polish a turd, and that is a skill that most of us don't have!

Did you see that you were a star on Baylorfans.com, dfw? It made me smile and tear up at the same time.

I think OSU is going to be better than most people think. Similar to last year.

I totally agree with Norm. I'm not sleeping on OSU at all. Ford will have them ready and their unorthodox style could give teams fits.

Udoh is not going to cause anyone any problems offensively. I like the guy and have watched him play at Sante Fe and AF for years and he has never been a offensive threat outside of the catch and dunk.

I will agree DM that there is no evidence to support Ekpe being an offensive force. He was a 6 pts 5 reb 3 blocks guy his sophomore year at Michigan playing around 20 minutes per game.

But Ekpe has been dominating Baylor practices since he arrived a year ago. He's the first guy chosen in pick-up games at Baylor. Now he hasn't been going up against Dwight Howard (Lomers, Rogers, Diene). But he hasn't been going against OSU midgets either.

We'll see how it plays out when the lights come on. Baylor coaches think he is a 15 pt, 10 reb, 3 blocks guy for them. He has been working hard on his post moves and the report is that he has made dramatic improvement in terms of footwork, strength and shooting accuracy.

I watched him practice one day and he looked pretty dang polished to me. But I hear you... He's a proven commodity on defense and that alone will be something that makes Baylor better than past teams. But the offense remains to be seen.

Oh he is good. I have a feeling he was involved in marketing when he lived in the northeast. He knows how to polish a turd, and that is a skill that most of us don't have!

Did you see that you were a star on Baylorfans.com, dfw? It made me smile and tear up at the same time.

you give me way too much credit. I couldn't sell water to someone in the desert :) I don't visit Baylorfans.com much. The site annoys me due to all the ads.

Gallon may be one of the top 3 offensive big men in the league next year. But Udoh may be the best defensive big man (he was 1st team all defense in the big 10 his sophomore year so it's not crazy talk to say that). If Udoh gives you 10 points, I think you can make the argument that he is one of the 3 best big men along with Dexter and Cole.

And Gallon is going to give you plenty of Zach Randolph moments- good and bad. See exhibit A below:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2fn01cngg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2fn01cngg[/ame]

you give me way too much credit. I couldn't sell water to someone in the desert :) I don't visit Baylorfans.com much. The site annoys me due to all the ads.

Gallon may be one of the top 3 offensive big men in the league next year. But Udoh may be the best defensive big man (he was 1st team all defense in the big 10 his sophomore year so it's not crazy talk to say that). If Udoh gives you 10 points, I think you can make the argument that he is one of the 3 best big men along with Dexter and Cole.

And Gallon is going to give you plenty of Zach Randolph moments- good and bad. See exhibit A below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2fn01cngg

I agree about Udoh's impact. I just am going to take a wait and see approach on the 10 ppg. I know his value and wish that OU would have landed him. At the time, we looked log jammed at the post position (Cannon and Pattillo are no longer on the team), so I don't blame him for choosing Baylor.

Udoh visited Obi and OSU a couple of times. For a time we thought he was coming to Stillwater.

Udoh visited Obi and OSU a couple of times. For a time we thought he was coming to Stillwater.

yeah, He came out and said he was leaning to OU after that OSU visit. I would have loved to have him at OU this year. He would have been an impact defensive player. He may make all the difference for a Baylor team that basically sucked defensively.

PG: TMG
SG: WW
SG: TC
PF: Tiny
C: Udoh

Big 12 Championship.

PG: TMG
SG: WW
SG: TC
PF: Tiny
C: Udoh

Big 12 Championship.

Ok, you are giving Udoh way too much credit.

First KU is much better than that.
Also, Udoh is a nice slow it down Big 10 guy but if anyone runs he will have trouble. Cole will wear him this year.

The league doesn't have great big men so I can see finding a 3rd one, but Udoh is not a big tiem Post guy. Sorry.

Ok, you are giving Udoh way too much credit.

First KU is much better than that.
Also, Udoh is a nice slow it down Big 10 guy but if anyone runs he will have trouble. Cole will wear him this year.

The league doesn't have great big men so I can see finding a 3rd one, but Udoh is not a big tiem Post guy. Sorry.

Udoh's skill set is more suited to an up tempo pace. It is one of the reasons he chose Baylor. I think you will see a lot of full court 1-3-1 pressure from Baylor with Udoh protecting the basket and length/quickness across the 3 (Dennis, Acy, Anthony Jones, Dunn, Jefferson). At least that is what I would do if I was coaching Baylor.

How do you have a skill set when you don't have any back to the basket moves or a jump shot? Udoh's skill sets consist of blocking shots, rebounding, catch adn dunks and cleaning up other mess with tip ins. That doesn't really suit Udoh as it does Baylor, a team that plays o'lay defense and that will get opportunities to get early shots off of his shot alterations and rebounding.

How do you have a skill set when you don't have any back to the basket moves or a jump shot? Udoh's skill sets consist of blocking shots, rebounding, catch adn dunks and cleaning up other mess with tip ins. That doesn't really suit Udoh as it does Baylor, a team that plays o'lay defense and that will get opportunities to get early shots off of his shot alterations and rebounding.

I agree. No doubt that Udoh has improved, but c'mon, let's not act like this guy all the sudden has an impressive offensive game. He will help Baylor out on the glass and on defense.

I bet he is an 6-8/8/3 guy next year.

Udoh's skill set is more suited to an up tempo pace. It is one of the reasons he chose Baylor. I think you will see a lot of full court 1-3-1 pressure from Baylor with Udoh protecting the basket and length/quickness across the 3 (Dennis, Acy, Anthony Jones, Dunn, Jefferson). At least that is what I would do if I was coaching Baylor.

His skill set does not include running the floor well. If it becomes and uptempo game he doesn't get up and down the court well.

His skill set does not include running the floor well. If it becomes and uptempo game he doesn't get up and down the court well.

Not what I saw when I watched him practice at Baylor but I might be comparing him to Lomers and Diene. Still, he looked like he ran the court very well.

Rumor on one of the OSU boards that Shaw showed up in Stillwater yesterday and has apparently qualified.

Back