OSU post game vs. The Big 12

thebigabd

Reaction score
There is not one team in the Big 12 with a front-court as thin or less talented than Oklahoma State... All 11 other teams have a better, deeper, and more talented frontcourt than the Pokes.

They got away with it last year because Eaton made everyone better, and by Travis Fords own recent admission was impossible to stop and they could just clear out for him every time down.

The Pokes are going to struggle this year... They are relying on 5 average freshman recruits to compliment Anderson and Moses. Obi and Page were bench players last year.

They got significantly worse when Eaton and Harris graduated, and with Karron Johnson not qualifying.

There post game depends on Moses. If moses is able to beat guys baseline and hit the 18ftr like he did some last year they'll be ok. If he's in foul trouble and gets bodied by bigger guys, OSU will struggle. Their biggest problem is PG.

No argument?

Nobody besides Aldrich, Pittman, and maybe Gallon (depending on if he can get lower than 300lbs, and how he adapts to college ball) are any sort of factor that's going to cause problems offensively.

I'm not worried about Robert Lewandowski wreaking havoc on the OSU frontcourt.

I'm still trying to figure out how the hell they beat us last year in the Big 12 Tournament with Moses only playing 8 minutes? That one still makes me sick to my stomach.

There is not one team in the Big 12 with a front-court as thin or less talented than Oklahoma State... All 11 other teams have a better, deeper, and more talented frontcourt than the Pokes.

Colorado? a JUCO transfer and a FR from Australia looks like their 4/5 next season....assuming they are legit D-1 players. neither having played a D-1 game.

Nobody besides Aldrich, Pittman, and maybe Gallon (depending on if he can get lower than 300lbs, and how he adapts to college ball) are any sort of factor that's going to cause problems offensively.

Gallon could cause problems offensively if he were still 340 pounds. I am just glad for the sake of his defense and teammates that he has dropped the weight.

Wally Judge is also going to give you problems. Kid is a player.

Wally Judge is also going to give you problems.

i don't really agree. he's a ridiculous athlete, but his skill isn't at the same level. and he needs to get stronger. he isn't going to be an impact player as a freshman, imo.

I guess the question is how many of the front courts in the big 12 can handle constant pick and rolls or chasing Anderson/Obi around the perimeter. Not many could last year. Now it will be a bit easier to handle without Eaton, but OSU just added a whole lot more speed at the pg position.

i don't really agree. he's a ridiculous athlete, but his skill isn't at the same level. and he needs to get stronger. he isn't going to be an impact player as a freshman, imo.

Interesting. Is that based on pick up games or are you just giving an educated guess? From what I've read, he will be able to score at the next level right away....

Carl,

Ask Ford if he would rather have "speed" or Byron Eaton back? Eaton created so many open threes for you guys last year. He also helped make up for the lack of post play by getting to the FT line (finished 2nd in the Big 12 in attempts).

OSU doesnt rely on a strong frontcourt. Thats not Ford's style. Their game is 4 guards running and jacking threes. That style was enough to win 23 games, beat us in the Big 12 tourney and Tennessee in the NCAA tourney. They will miss Eaton a little, because Penn is a freshman, but outside of that they should be about the same as last year IMO.

OSU doesnt rely on a strong frontcourt. Thats not Ford's style. Their game is 4 guards running and jacking threes. That style was enough to win 23 games, beat us in the Big 12 tourney and Tennessee in the NCAA tourney. They will miss Eaton a little, because Penn is a freshman, but outside of that they should be about the same as last year IMO.

Penn isn't even playing with the team (out two more months with an injury. I think they will miss Eaton more than "a little".

No offense to them, but they beat us on a really controversial call that decided the game at a time when we were having internal issues with our team. They won the game, but we won the series....

Ekpe Udoh also for Baylor. He's the best player on Baylor's roster. And there are plenty of good players. One high school coach with strong A&M affiliation remarked at the Baylor camp last week after watching him play, "Wow that kid is an NBA player. Best kept secret in America." Don't shoot the messenger- I'm just letting you fellas know what you are in for...

Ekpe Udoh also for Baylor. He's the best player on Baylor's roster. And there are plenty of good players. One high school coach with strong A&M affiliation remarked at the Baylor camp last week after watching him play, "Wow that kid is an NBA player. Best kept secret in America." Don't shoot the messenger- I'm just letting you fellas know what you are in for...

Will it be Udoh and Acy? Udoh and Sekelja? Udoh and Lomers?

Will it be Udoh and Acy? Udoh and Sekelja? Udoh and Lomers?

I am pulling for Lomers. His dunk on Aldrich during the tournament made me jump out of my seat and give a fist pump!

Interesting. Is that based on pick up games or are you just giving an educated guess? From what I've read, he will be able to score at the next level right away....

a gestalt opinion based on pick up game reports, his hs season reports, scout reports, etc. everything except personal knowledge. i've never seen him play.

No argument?

Not really. At the end of the year we had gotten used to our roles and we were able to get consistent play from the inside and still hit our shots.

OSU is going to have a learning curve at the point. Anderson coming back is a huge plus for us. He is going to get some good experience at the world games and I think he'll be a much better player.

I think both schools have questions at PG. I think that both teams have questions regarding leadership. This is a big year for both Ford and Capel.

Basketball is more than height. There are a lot of ways to win ballgames. Torin Walker will help on the defensive end of things. If we were able to get some post defense from him and something like 5-7 ppg and 4-6 rpg from him I'd be happy.

The rebounding is still going to come from Moses, with Obi and Anderson beating guys to loose balls.

Lomers is such a beast. The guy just dominates on both ends of the court. And here are the pics to prove.......

Defense

Offense

I think OSU is going to be better than most people think. Similar to last year.

Back