OSU signs 6'8'' 245 juco forward...

thebigabd

Reaction score
OSU signed Darrell Williams out of Chipola Junior College in Florida today. Ford said he is a double-double machine, and says he can handle the ball and step out and shoot. Chose OSU over Gonzaga, St. Johns, Depaul, and Western Kentucky.

He plays at Midland College in Texas now....

Great recruiting class for Oklahoma State. It will be one of the best in the Big 12.

Markel Brown
Brian Williams
JP Olukemi
Michael Cobbins
Darrell Williams

Ford said he's a double-double machine....yet he only averaged 7 pts and 6 rebs last year.

Ford said he's a double-double machine....yet he only averaged 7 pts and 6 rebs last year.

He was a freshman for a Chipola team that had Gary Flowers (Southern Miss), Justin Brownlee (St. Johns), Torye Pelham (Southern Miss), and Jon Kreft (Florida State) in the paint as sophomores last year.

OU doesnt have that much D-1 talent in the post this year, lol.

He was a freshman for a Chipola team that had Gary Flowers (Southern Miss), Justin Brownlee (St. Johns), Torye Pelham (Southern Miss), and Jon Kreft (Florida State) in the paint as sophomores last year.

Yes because all of those guys were McDonalds AA and Top 100 high school players like Gallon and Fitzgerald

My guesses of who won't be in Stillwater next year:

Akol
Dowell

And I think Sidorakis will pay his own way i.e. Jarvis Varnado at Miss. State.

Yes because all of those guys were McDonalds AA and Top 100 high school players like Gallon and Fitzgerald

Justin Brownlee was a top 100 player in high school... Gary Flowers was a top 70 player high school... Jon Kreft was a top 30 player out of high school... and Pelham is a mid-major post player, but a great athlete.

Last edited:
Justin Brownlee was a top 100 player in high school... Gary Flowers was a top 70 player high school... Jon Kreft was a top 30 player out of high school... and im Pelham is a mid-major post player, but a great athlete.
Tiny Gallon was a top 15 post player out of high school.
Andrew Fitzgerald was a top 70 post player out of high school.
Ryan Wright was a top 100 post player out of high school.
Orlando Allen is a mid-major post player but has great size.

Tiny Gallon was a top 15 post player out of high school.
Andrew Fitzgerald was a top 70 post player out of high school.
Ryan Wright was a top 100 post player out of high school.
Orlando Allen is a mid-major post player but has great size.

So what have we accomplished? I proved that Chipola Junior College had just as much top high school talent in the post as Oklahoma (although I would take Brownlee and Flowers over Wright), plus this guy OSU signed coming off the bench....

Capelfan tried to make the kid look back because of his numbers, but he played behind some serious talent that was older than him and still averaged 7 and 6. The point still stands.

Tiny Gallon is better and more talented that any kid they have by far. We have only scratched the surface of his skill set, when he starts shooting jumpers he will be borderline unstoppable at the college level.

Have you actually seen any of these kids played to justify putting them ahead of Ryan? Not sure why you are so down on Ryan anyway, kid works hard, brings a good presence to the team and plays hard down low. Pretty athletic too, never going to be a dominating 20-10 type guy or even 15-8 guy but I doubt if any of those jucos would come into Oklahoma and do better than Ryan.

Also I am just assuming here but I bet capelfan was ripping more on Travis Ford and his history of building up his players than the kid himself.

Also we accomplished that your initial statement is false.

What I meant is Chipola had 5 d-1 post players and OU has Gallon, Fitz, Wright, and Orlando. They literally had more players. It was just a way to show that averaging 7 and 6 off the bench as a freshman does not mean he is a bad player.

Not sure why you are so down on Ryan anyway, kid works hard, brings a good presence to the team and plays hard down low.

He works hard and is a good character from all accounts, but he is not an OU caliber basketball player. I don't even think he is a high-major caliber player.

He works hard and is a good character from all accounts, but he is not an OU caliber basketball player. I don't even think he is a high-major caliber player.
LOL, just lol.

Back