OSU's Lebryan Nash wins the MCDAA slam dunk contest

If Williams can defend and hit the outside shot he has a chance to make a splash. Brown often came off the bench and played well for us. Brown, Williams and Cobbins are always playing together. It might make for some interesting chemistry between them.

Dowell or Gulley
Page
Brown
Nash
Cobbins

I think a big part of whether Nash will start will depend on (a) how well he can shoot and (b) how well he can defend. I don't really expect him to come in an shoot well, so his defense will be the key.

If we do indeed make this 4-guard lineup happen, then Nash/Olukemi will be responsible for that Obi Muenelo role of guarding a much larger player. Muenelo could handle it because he was so strong... Neither Nash nor Olukemi will be as strong as Muenelo was as as senior... but Nash has a couple of inches on Olukemi.
If Nash doesn't start I'm willing to bet you will have a chemistry problem with him. He needs to start and get 30+ a night or I think his effectiveness will be very little due to his ego. Unless he grows up a lot in the next few months I believe he will be carrying a big ego with him in Stillwater.

The good news though for Poke fans is he isn't going to be that undersized at 4. He's a legit 6'7 and I would guess in the 230 range, and is just strong. In college that will work, how many teams in the Big 12 are honestly going to have that much bigger 4s?

To go along with his strength he's also got some quick feet, he could be a prototypical face up 4 in college. He's big enough to not be much of a mismatch in the post on defense. If Ford gets him to buy into playing defense and crashing the boards on defense he will have a special year. If not, I think it could be a situation similar to Tiny Gallon had as a freshman. Probably better overall as he won't have weight issues, but he'll tease with flashes. Especially in the big games with the scouts watching but overall he'll end up leaving with OSU fans wanting just a little more from him.

lol @ thebigOSU

Yeah Markel Brown is gonna be a star ... a 3 star scrub who shoots 39% from the field and 26% from 3 to get his measly 6 ppg.

osu will suck next year like they do most every year. So will isu. So will ttu. Etc.

If Nash doesn't start I'm willing to bet you will have a chemistry problem with him. He needs to start and get 30+ a night or I think his effectiveness will be very little due to his ego. Unless he grows up a lot in the next few months I believe he will be carrying a big ego with him in Stillwater.

The good news though for Poke fans is he isn't going to be that undersized at 4. He's a legit 6'7 and I would guess in the 230 range, and is just strong. In college that will work, how many teams in the Big 12 are honestly going to have that much bigger 4s?

To go along with his strength he's also got some quick feet, he could be a prototypical face up 4 in college. He's big enough to not be much of a mismatch in the post on defense. If Ford gets him to buy into playing defense and crashing the boards on defense he will have a special year. If not, I think it could be a situation similar to Tiny Gallon had as a freshman. Probably better overall as he won't have weight issues, but he'll tease with flashes. Especially in the big games with the scouts watching but overall he'll end up leaving with OSU fans wanting just a little more from him.

I agree with this, Nash didn't commit to Ford to be on the bench behind anyone. He'll play as much as he wants. It will be interesting to see how Ford handles him.

a 3 star scrub

3 star = scrub?

Shelvin Mack, Jimmer Freddette, Derrick Williams, and a bunch of other great players from this years NCAA Tournament were 3 stars, lol.

osu will suck next year like they do most every year. So will isu. So will ttu. Etc

OSU rarely sucks, and you know it. ISU will not suck, and TTU will not suck either.

If Nash can do things consistently he'll start. He isn't coming to sit the bench. He's coming to play ball and go to the league. And if Cobbins turns into the player that Marshall Moses says he is. Then OSU fans will have a ton to cheer for.

lol @ thebigOSU

Yeah Markel Brown is gonna be a star ... a 3 star scrub who shoots 39% from the field and 26% from 3 to get his measly 6 ppg.

osu will suck next year like they do most every year. So will isu. So will ttu. Etc.

LOL at boca.

Hey boca - I'd like your assessment of the following player based on his freshman year:

4.5 points per game; 37% on field goals; 32% on 3-point field goals.

He's gonna suck, right? Look at those horrible numbers! Worse than that scrub Markel Brown!

Oh... wait.... those are the freshman numbers of a guy who ended up being 1st team All Big 12 and a first-round NBA draft pick. His name is Desmond Mason.

Seriously, dude. Do you know ANYTHING about basketball?

Last edited:
His older half brother is Bryon Eaton.

This and Butch Pierre. If Butch wasn't on staff LeBryan Nash would not be going to Ok State.

Also, I highly doubt he puts up better numbers than Moses did, so it's kind of a wash. I don't see much out of OK State next year. A slight improvement at best.

This and Butch Pierre. If Butch wasn't on staff LeBryan Nash would not be going to Ok State.

Also, I highly doubt he puts up better numbers than Moses did, so it's kind of a wash. I don't see much out of OK State next year. A slight improvement at best.

Why is his production compared with Moses relevant?

He's not going to be playing the 5.

Yes I understand his production will be lost, but Mike Cobbins is the guy who will be attempting to replace it, not Nash.

I tend to think that Nash, Cobbins, Williams and a healed Fred Gulley + year-older versions of Brown, Olukemi and Dowell will yield a significantly better team next year.

We'll be much more talented at every position but the 5. And Cobbins might just be a pretty good player.

But we'll see.

I'd put some HoHum bucks on OSU being better, and maybe quite a bit, this next season.

Why is his production compared with Moses relevant?

He's not going to be playing the 5.

Yes I understand his production will be lost, but Mike Cobbins is the guy who will be attempting to replace it, not Nash.

I tend to think that Nash, Cobbins, Williams and a healed Fred Gulley + year-older versions of Brown, Olukemi and Dowell will yield a significantly better team next year.

We'll be much more talented at every position but the 5. And Cobbins might just be a pretty good player.

But we'll see.

On top of all that, between Nash/Williams/Cobbins/Brown/Olukemi OSU is easily one of the most athletic teams (if not the most purely athletic) team in the conference.

On top of all that, between Nash/Williams/Cobbins/Brown/Olukemi OSU is easily one of the most athletic teams (if not the most purely athletic) team in the conference.

That team might shoot 40% on a good night.

Yeah. Because freshmen and sophomores hardly ever improve their shooting from one year to the next, right?

I adjusted the number for improvement. OSU shot 43% as a team last year and Marshall Moses, who is gone, shot 57%. He easily led in the team in made FG's, so it's not like that number is inflated.

I adjusted the number for improvement. OSU shot 43% as a team last year and Marshall Moses, who is gone, shot 57%. He easily led in the team in made FG's, so it's not like that number is inflated.

But, odds are most of the returning players will shoot a higher percentage than they did last year, and Nash will probably shoot higher than 43%.

But, odds are most of the returning players will shoot a higher percentage than they did last year, and Nash will probably shoot higher than 43%.

Yeah, probably. That still doesn't assure you that OSU will be even a decent shooting team.

Back