Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Honestly, it takes a special brand of cluelessness (or denial -- or perhaps both) to go 6-10 in your conference and then brag on a rival's board about a winning season when your team faced that level of opposition in non-conference play, finished in the bottom third of the conference, and lost every single conference road game.

Congrats on those 20 wins, Sweaty Palms.

This.

20 wins was expected with the non-conference schedule that Ok. State played. I don't see how that's some good accomplishment by Ford, when all the while his team went 6-10 and couldn't win a conference road game, in a conference that has been down compared to year's past.

I don't mind Ok. State fans coming on here (I like most of them) as long as they have something to add to the board, like you said. But a few of the Ok. State posters that have this blind loyalty to Ford and get offended at criticism that is fair (i.e. his program regressing the more he brings in his own players) is getting very old.

Last edited:
Even though he had won the gold medal in '64 and '68? And by all accounts actually "won" the '72 title but for the huge cheat job the U.S. team was given in the final? And you think that made him a bad choice?

Agreed. Had the refs not been corrupt, Iba would've had the Gold. His coaching wasn't the reason the US lost, it was the corrupt system.

I'm still laughing at your inability to defend your hilariously contradictory posts re: Jurick and Gurerro.

To be fair, I remember asking you about a contradictory post you made not too long ago (when you once said that it was understandable that Ok. State beat OU in 2009, but later on you said that there was no excuse for Capel to let that happen).

I asked you about it a couple times on that thread, and you failed to acknowledge your contradiction.

Just trying to maintain balance here. ;)

Last edited:
Hasn't been confirmed either way. I've heard that OU/Kruger is looking at a guy named Casey Arent from California...6'10 240...kind of similar to Jurick. I highly doubt Kruger turns down Jurick to talk to Olaseni.

According to the NJCAA official site...

Jurick stats for 24 games....

252 points..10.5 ppg
303 rebounds....12.625 per game
229 blocks.......9.542 blocks per game

he was also a 26% Free Throw shooter

http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_colle...=Roster&slid=2&teamid=107851&athleteid=285690

Casey Arent

23 games

440 points....19.13 ppg
287 rebounds...12.47 per game
53 blocks.......2.3 per game

Arent shot 52% from the floor, including 38% on 32 3-pointers(12 made)
He also shot 62% from the line.

I'll take Arent over Jurick everyday.

What the heezy happened here, did someone go over to gopukes.com and tell them that ouhoops.com was giving away Eddie Sutton drunk bobbleheads or something????:facepalm:facepalm

Just like roaches, they come out when the lights go off....:facepalm:facepalm

Please take the pistol pete circle jerk back over to aggiepride.com or something. JEEZ!!!!:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

No comment about the video, boca? That video is from before Jurick even played an actual game for Chatt State (2009). Funny how you leave those kinds of things out or is there some secret video you and Kruger watched together other than the one you keep embedding in threads? Maybe one where he was playing in an actual game?

Boca, still waiting on the comments on the video. Nothing? Kinda weird how you refuse to reply.

To be fair, I remember asking you about a contradictory post you made not too long ago (when you once said that it was understandable that Ok. State beat OU in 2009, but later on you said that there was no excuse for Capel to let that happen).

I asked you about it a couple times on that thread, and you failed to acknowledge your contradiction.

Just trying to maintain balance here. ;)

Oh, Jeff97 runs away and hides quite often. Most of the aggies who periodically gather here do, actually.

Let's face it, the aggies' collective delusions are not generally supported by facts. They're not a better basketball program than OU is, despite the coddling they received from the Oklahoma media during the Sutton years, and they can't really handle the truth about that. They've accomplished virtually nothing meaningful in football -- ever -- and they're in serious denial about that (the "Big 12 South 2010 Football Co-Champions" tees are evidence of that).

Frankly, it's not easy being an aggie, unless you like wrestling and golf. Otherwise, you pretty much take a back seat to OU across the board. And the local media actually does the aggies, fans and athletes, a disservice by patting them on the back like a tee-ball team every time they accomplish anything at all. The poor saps start to believe that positive spin, which virtually always leads to disappointment.

Oh, Jeff97 runs away and hides quite often. Most of the aggies who periodically gather here do, actually.

Let's face it, the aggies' collective delusions are not generally supported by facts. They're not a better basketball program than OU is, despite the coddling they received from the Oklahoma media during the Sutton years, and they can't really handle the truth about that. They've accomplished virtually nothing meaningful in football -- ever -- and they're in serious denial about that (the "Big 12 South 2010 Football Co-Champions" tees are evidence of that).

Frankly, it's not easy being an aggie, unless you like wrestling and golf. Otherwise, you pretty much take a back seat to OU across the board. And the local media actually does the aggies, fans and athletes, a disservice by patting them on the back like a tee-ball team every time they accomplish anything at all. The poor saps start to believe that positive spin, which virtually always leads to disappointment.

:clap:clap:clap

Dang! Some of you guys taking being OU fans pretty seriously.

FWIW, Kenpom is an algorithm to look at efficiency, not a means to rank teams.

As for RPI's non-conference SOS, OSU's ranked 91st and OU's ranked 93rd this past season. It is fairly easy to see that OU played a much tougher schedule at the top of their opponents and an easier schedule at the bottom. IMO, when it comes to affecting a teams wins and losses, playing tougher "good" teams will definitely have more impact than playing "better" mediocre to bad teams. For example, playing teams with records of 17-14 and 18-14 is better than playing teams with records of 27-5 and 7-24 but which is tougher?

Last edited:

If you can find the posts in question, I'll gladly address them.

I'm sorry I missed it earlier - I don't recall you asking about it.

Oh, Jeff97 runs away and hides quite often.

WTF are you talking about?

I'm "running away" because I didn't respond to a post like 5 seconds after it was posted?

I think you have a complete misunderstanding about this whole "20 win" thing.

I don't think anybody is touting it as some fantastic accomplishment, akin to making the NCAA Tournament or something.

This past season was not a smashing success by any stretch.

But 20 wins is a nice secondary accomplishment for an otherwise not-so-great season.

You're damn straight we do. We have good reason to.

LOL at you taking yourself and your fandom oh-so-seriously.

College sports is SERIOUS!!!!!

LOL

Re: BocaBull: Are you drunk?

I don't agree that OSU returns more than OU. Both teams were below average. OU loses Cade Davis. OSU lost Marshall, Pilgram, Sidorkas, Williams, and Franklin (it was Franklin that went home?). I have also seen rumors about Penn leaving. The loss of Marshall, Pilgram and Williams is way bigger than the loss of Cade Davis. That is effectively 3 starters even though Williams left after 2/3 of the season. Sidorkas and Franklin both played respectable minutes. That is about 93 minutes of pt a game (I say about because the averages are screwed up given that Williams left in the middle of the season - it is 93 if you count him as being on the team all season).

I personally see OU returning more, especially if you count Osby as returning. I do agree that OSU added more. Quite frankly, OSU seems to have added a lot more.

Franklin's minutes went up when Williams went away. Sid is an OK defender that rarely made mistakes. Brown is a better talent but he's also good for a couple of turnovers.

Cobbins and Brian Williams are the x-factors. Once they both got healthy Ford chose to keep them in redshirt for the season. I know he is very high on Cobbins. Cobbins and Nash were a big tool in the recruitment of Guerrero.

Darrell Williams is still on scholarship and still attending team functions. I would assume that he won't be back next season regardless of the result of his trial. He was actually a host on a recruiting visit this past week. I don't know if that shows that they are confident of his innocence or if that is an attempt to polish up his image in the mind of the court.

Nice first post, Stinky Pete...for a Poke. ;)

It will be interesting to see how the new faces on both teams plays out in our head to head next year. A few OU fans have already conceded the sweep to OSU. I happen to believe a home and home split is more realistic. I've learned to expect most anything when it comes to Bedlam basketball. The best team on paper doesn't always win.

Welcome to OUHoops!

Agree. Bedlam Basketball is like Oklahoma Weather.

I do think OSU might have more overall talent but people don't understand how important experience is in basketball along with team chemistry. I thought OSU got over their mid-season woes with a strong showing against KU and an impressive domination over Harvard but then I saw that old head-scratching OSU team that lacks chemistry and basketball IQ when they played Washington State. Next year OSU will improve in it's 3 point shooting. Page, Brian Williams, Lebryan, and Cezar are great shooters. Jean-Paul, Markel Brown, Gulley, and Dowell are streaky shooters at best, if these guys improve OSU should be a conference contender. Down side is that I'm willing to bet that this team has a collective basketball IQ of 100 and all that is Keiton.....

From the times I've seen Nash he isn't a great shooter, can he hit some.open shots yeah but that's not what made him a 5 star.

I bet most of his damage will be done going to the rim, if he becomes a jump shooter OSU will struggle.

Question??? If Jurick were locked into Jeff Capel, why didn't he commit to oswho a month ago after Jeff was let go??? Why did he wait until just yesterday or the day before???

Back