Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Re: BocaBull: Are you drunk?

lol @ starting another thread to draw attention to yourself. Another boca stalker. thebigOSU

The answer is simple.

Like Kruger, I saw film of the guy and laughed. Like Kruger, I did some quick fact checking and math to determine that 9.5 blocks per game is almost certainly bogus. Unless, you think the sloth in that video really blocked 19 shots in those 2 games the the guy operating the camera missed 18 of them. Unless you really believe that bigfoot blocked 1 out of every 6 shots attempted vs his team this season.

I seriously doubt you would make those same assumptions if he just signed with OU.

“He brings with him a great physical presence that we were needing. He’s one of the premier shot blockers in the country"
-Travis Ford

The NJCAA Region VII Player of the Year in 2011, Jurick was also named the Region VII Defensive Player of the Year as a sophomore. Jurick was named the Tennessee Community College Athletic Association’s Defensive Player of the Year as a freshman and was also named to the All-TCCAA squad.

The 9.5 blocks per game is the official stat listed with the National Junior College Athletic Association website. It's the stat Travis Ford mentioned in his presser. Its the stat on every recruiting site that he is a part of.

But you are saying this cant be true? Its made up? The official stat-keepers at his juco games sent incorrect data to the NJCAA to make Jurick look better?

Is that what you are saying? Its a lie? Its a conspiracy?

Official stat keepers at most jucos are the coaches.

All the guy has to be is Josh Lomers and he'll help the team.

As an aside, my favorite bocabull post (I wanted to put it in my signature, but I'm not allowed to change that or my avatar) is the one in the thread about OSU's locker room. He says something to the effect, "That's not very nice, my gym/country club in Scottsdale with a 250 dollar monthly fee is much nicer."

I'm so glad OSU doesn't have to recruit against the Scottsdale Day Spa for basketball recruits.

Funniest guy on this message board.

For a guy who I feel wrongfully gets called out in other threads, I wish you hadn't started this one. Let's be honest, nobody knows if we passed on Jurick, and everbody is pretty sure that we led on the other kid until Capel was let go.

I've now seen both play, Jurick is a plodder and definately was not going to save us inside. He may prove out to be a fine addition to oSu, but for what it seems like they want to do, it doesn't seem like he is a fit. Cezar may be good, but given Capel's track record in recruiting HS kids, there is likely going to be a problem there [I'm just kidding by the way].

I'm perfectly happy with what it seems like OU is getting so far, an athletic D-1 transfer, what sounds like a well rounded point guard to compete with Blair, maybe Goff or maybe another big. IF Grooms is able to beat out Blair, I think things bode well for OU having a winning season, perhaps even in conference:

PG: Grooms [upgrade if he beats out a more experienced Blair, either way we have depth at the PG position and Newell won't have to play out of position].

SG: Pledger [unless Newell beats him out, then another upgrade...I really expect these two to battle for floor time].

SF: Cam [I think a year of expeience will upgrade his game and he and Osby are the only guys I have locked in as starters]

HF: Osby [If nothing else, he will be an upgrade athletically, plus I think Neal will be able to spell him and Clark on occassion and do okay here]

C/PF: Fitz [Probably about the same BUT if CLK values defense and rebounds, I could see Fitz being the first post off the bench depending on who we get late, potential there for an upgrade]

I think that if we end up with guys like Fitz, Pledger, Neal and Blair being key reserves, that starts to look like a solid rotation of a competitive D-1 team. That said, I pretty much lock Fitz in as a starter as well based solely on offensive production and a semblence of a post game, but that is what excites me most about the new coach, he may see some things differenty.

I'm not willing to say one way or the other about Jurick's ability, because I honestly don't know.

I do know that there is no way he averaged 9.5 blocks a game though.

Did this really need its own thread?

I'm not willing to say one way or the other about Jurick's ability, because I honestly don't know.

I do know that there is no way he averaged 9.5 blocks a game though.

That is a lot of blocks to average per game.

I'm sure there was some flubbing. But at the NJCAA tournament in Hutch, he had 7 blocks in 28 minutes. Which I'm assuming had "professional" scorekeepers. Even if he only truly blocked half of the shots they say he did, that's still impressive.

9.5 blocks per game is 226 blocks on the season. 226 blocks in one season doesnt even sound possible. 226 blocks in 24 games. Is that even possible?

Did this really need its own thread?

No, you can go ahead and move it into the Jurick thread.

I'm sure there was some flubbing. But at the NJCAA tournament in Hutch, he had 7 blocks in 28 minutes. Which I'm assuming had "professional" scorekeepers. Even if he only truly blocked half of the shots they say he did, that's still impressive.

Is that in one game?

9.5 blocks per game is 226 blocks on the season. 226 blocks in one season doesnt even sound possible. 226 blocks in 24 games. Is that even possible?

No, you can go ahead and move it into the Jurick thread.

I'm confused, are you saying that it is possible or not possible now? I think that is an insane amount of blocks per game, BUT he may have been in a conference where nobody else was taller than 6'5". Here is where I end up, the guy is probably a solid shot -blocking presence that benefited from some likely inflated score-keeping. I'll also say this, I don't look forward to Fitz trying to post the guy up.

I'm confused, are you saying that it is possible or not possible now? I think that is an insane amount of blocks per game, BUT he may have been in a conference where nobody else was taller than 6'5". Here is where I end up, the guy is probably a solid shot -blocking presence that benefited from some likely inflated score-keeping. I'll also say this, I don't look forward to Fitz trying to post the guy up.

Philip Jurick / Lebryan Nash

vs.

Andrew Fitz / Romero Osby

That should be entertaining.

Now that Jurick and Cezar are OSU bound (along with Lebryan Nash), BocaBull is denying Juricks stats, saying that Kruger passed on him, saying that nobody wanted him, etc. Funny, not too long ago these were his posts:

and then...

So you believed the 9 blocks per game when you thought he might come to OU, but now that he is going to OSU this is your post:

Why believe the 9.5 blocks per game and then when he signs with OSU decide that it cant be true? Come on man...

LOL at abd absolutely PWNING Boca.

So, Boca... I'm getting pretty excited about next year, since Jurick+Gurerro = Sweet 16! Love it!

:woot

LOL at abd absolutely PWNING Boca.

So, Boca... I'm getting pretty excited about next year, since Jurick+Gurerro = Sweet 16! Love it!

:woot

They equaled Sweet 16 on OU's roster, NOT pigfarmer's 5'6 and under team.

Philip Jurick / Lebryan Nash

vs.

Andrew Fitz / Romero Osby

That should be entertaining.

Like I said, I don't like the idea of Fitz trying to post up on Jurick, but he may actually be a player that Fitz could take off the dribble [if he can dribble]. I'm really coming off as hating Fitz on this thread...probably need to slow my roll there, I think he is a solid player, just very limited. If he had any amount of ability to elevate above the rim, he'd be a great player, at least offensively.

Osby vs. Nash should be interesting, but I like the idea of a fourth year Junior taking on a ballyhooed freshman. Athletically they strike me as very similar in their high school tapes with RO probably being the stronger of the two now due to being in a college weight program for the last four years. I just want to see what the guy can do, if everything we hear is true, then it could completely turn our fortunes around.

They equaled Sweet 16 on OU's roster, NOT pigfarmer's 5'6 and under team.

Oh - right. I forgot about OU's current roster of superstars like Tyler Neal and Carl Blair.

They're clearly only a freshman PG and juco center away from the Sweet 16.

This generated my loudest LOL in a long time, maybe ever, for this site.

Let's see - a weak smack attempt that wasn't grounded in any factual basis... yep, that's right up your alley. I can understand why it would make you LOL.

Still waiting for your explanation about why Guerrero and Jurick were awesome when they were OU targets, but bums once they signed with OSU....

Back