Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Most of the re-tread crap in this thread isn't even worth responding to.

But this is:

2. I'm thoroughly disgusted that Iba was picked to coach a US national team that lost to the USSR. His style was completely contradictory to the way the game was being played in the 70's [think ABA, Dr. J. etc.].

That's complete and utter B.S.

First off, we didn't lose. The game was over and we had won, but the crooked-ass refs put time back on the clock for no good reason.

Secondly, it's still a crap point. If we had legitimately lost that game, you're going to put it solely on the selection of Iba as the coach? Weak. You know, upsets do happen in sports.

While the 1972 U.S. basketball team should have won, it's not like it was monumental upset on par with, say, the 1980 U.S. hockey win over Russia.

To all those Sooner fans that like to bring up the NIT was greater than the NCAA's back in the day.

OSU won the NCAA's, DePaul won the NIT.

OSU and DePaul played each other in a specially arranged game, right after both tournaments were over.

OSU WON!!!!!

So back to Jurick... I am very excited about this signing for the Cowboys. I am not expecting him to be all Big 12, but I think he will help a lot. When you consider Cobbins and Shaw are OSU's only post players a kid like Jurick looks really good this late in the year.

To all those Sooner fans that like to bring up the NIT was greater than the NCAA's back in the day.

OSU won the NCAA's, DePaul won the NIT.

OSU and DePaul played each other in a specially arranged game, right after both tournaments were over.

OSU WON!!!!!

Really?

So back to Jurick... I am very excited about this signing for the Cowboys. I am not expecting him to be all Big 12, but I think he will help a lot. When you consider Cobbins and Shaw are OSU's only post players a kid like Jurick looks really good this late in the year.

Lot of mixed messages about this recruit. I can't honestly sit here and say I think he is a difference maker, when I didn't think he was when OU was recruiting him.

What he is, is a 6' 11" big man on a team that lacks size. It has to help.

Lot of mixed messages about this recruit. I can't honestly sit here and say I think he is a difference maker, when I didn't think he was when OU was recruiting him.

What he is, is a 6' 11" big man on a team that lacks size. It has to help.

That's what I am thinking. This late in the recruiting process there isn't a lot of big guys still out there. OSU's biggest hole is in the post and I feel a lot better having an option other than Shaw.

The guy averaged 8 blocks per game in high school and 9.5 blocks per game in juco. He was .5 blocks away from averaging a triple double on the season.

At the VERY least he will be a 6'11'' shot blocker who can grab rebounds and get garbage buckets. Thats at a minimum. And given what OSU has at the 1-4 spots, that is perfect.

That's what I am thinking. This late in the recruiting process there isn't a lot of big guys still out there. OSU's biggest hole is in the post and I feel a lot better having an option other than Shaw.

Two BooneHomers thinking alike! Watch out world!

The guy averaged 8 blocks per game in high school and 9.5 blocks per game in juco. He was .5 blocks away from averaging a triple double on the season.

At the VERY least he will be a 6'11'' shot blocker who can grab rebounds and get garbage buckets. Thats at a minimum. And given what OSU has at the 1-4 spots, that is perfect.

LOL @ this 9.5 blocked shots per game bogus stat. Teams average about 55 shots per game so we are supposed to believe this lead footed stiff that Kruger passed on blocked 17% of every shot taken? So on average this slow guy in this video swatted 1 out of every 6 shots even though he has trouble moving 4 feet at a time?

FYI Kansas as a team led the Big XII with 5 blocked shots per game.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pchk06-4lc&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pchk06-4lc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

The video posted is for highlights of 2 of Jurick's games. In 2 games he should have registered a remarkable 19 blocked shots according to ABD's stats.

Interestingly only a single blocked shot made it's way into the video highlights of the 2 games. You would sure think that when you have a record setting shot blocker, with the most blocks per game at any level in basketball in the entire nation there would be an abundance of video evidence.

This guy reminds me of that boxing movie, the great white hype. I wonder how long it took Kruger to turn off the tape and throw away his phone number?

BocaBull: Are you drunk?

Now that Jurick and Cezar are OSU bound (along with Lebryan Nash), BocaBull is denying Juricks stats, saying that Kruger passed on him, saying that nobody wanted him, etc. Funny, not too long ago these were his posts:

"If we land Jurick & Cezar, combined with what we have we are going to be NCAA bound next year and conference championship Sweet 16 caliber the next year."
-BocaBull

and then...

Newell
Clark
Neal
Osby
Jurick

That's the starting 5 I hope emerges.
-bocabull

Sure would be great to get Jurick too but West Virginia probably has him locked up. Dude averages 13 boards and 9 blocks!!
-BocaBull

So you believed the 9 blocks per game when you thought he might come to OU, but now that he is going to OSU this is your post:

LOL @ this 9.5 blocked shots per game bogus stat. Teams average about 55 shots per game so we are supposed to believe this lead footed stiff that Kruger passed on blocked 17% of every shot taken? So on average this slow guy in this video swatted 1 out of every 6 shots even though he has trouble moving 4 feet at a time?
-bocabull

Why believe the 9.5 blocks per game and then when he signs with OSU decide that it cant be true? Come on man...

Re: BocaBull: Are you drunk?

OSU returns and adds more than OU does next year... Do you also think now that they landed Cezar and Jurick that they are a Sweet 16 team? They have a lottery pick (Nash), a guy who was better than Clark last year (Olukemi), very athletic young guards (Markel Brown, Brian Williams), a trio of point guards (Guerrero, Dowell, Gulley), etc.

By your logic, adding these players should put OSU in the sweet 16 next year, right?

Boca, your hate spewing is unreal!!! You think they just added 7 or 8 blocks a game to his stats? Doubtful.

lol @ starting another thread to draw attention to yourself. Another boca stalker. thebigOSU

The answer is simple.

Like Kruger, I saw film of the guy and laughed. Like Kruger, I did some quick fact checking and math to determine that 9.5 blocks per game is almost certainly bogus. Unless, you think the sloth in that video really blocked 19 shots in those 2 games the the guy operating the camera missed 18 of them. Unless you really believe that bigfoot blocked 1 out of every 6 shots attempted vs his team this season.

The video posted is for highlights of 2 of Jurick's games. In 2 games he should have registered a remarkable 19 blocked shots according to ABD's stats.

Interestingly only a single blocked shot made it's way into the video highlights of the 2 games. You would sure think that when you have a record setting shot blocker, with the most blocks per game at any level in basketball in the entire nation there would be an abundance of video evidence.

This guy reminds me of that boxing movie, the great white hype. I wonder how long it took Kruger to turn off the tape and throw away his phone number?

Are you even willing to admit those videos are from a jamboree and not even real games from the actual juco season or are you too delusional for that? The video is from 2009, the players are wearing target jerseys, the refs are in shorts, no one is watching the game, and no one in that video is running up and down the court. Also, it's not like ABD pulled the blocked shots stat out of his ass, it's from the NJCAA website.

Are you even willing to admit those videos are from a jamboree and not even real games from the actual juco season or are you too delusional for that? The video is from 2009, the players are wearing target jerseys, the refs are in shorts, no one is watching the game, and no one in that video is running up and down the court. Also, it's not like ABD pulled the blocked shots stat out of his ass, it's from the NJCAA website.

Thanks for the info on the video. I did find 9.5 blocks a game to be unbelievable, but i looked it up also and it is on the NJCAA website. That is an incredible number if it is not a typo.

I think LK passed on both as well. So BigOSU your picking OSwho to beat us twice next year?

Back