Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

The last information about OU recruiting Jurick came on March 1 when he told William Jennings that OU led.

Please provide any evidence that Kruger recruited Jurick because I have seen none. What we do know is that this weekend Kruger landed a 6'9" transfer and the next day Jurick settled for an inferior program.

LOL. Even though Goff isn't coming and OU brought in a guy who won't be playing until Jurick is a senior...Your saying this is why Jurick 'settled' on OSU.

I admit I wanted Jurick. I haven't seen him play but we need inside help and he was named 2nd Team Juco AA (Grooms wasnt even Honorable mention). Jurick must be pretty solid with his offer sheet. There is not that many true centers around anymore.

It sucks that Ford locked up a couple good prospects in the late signing period. The aggies getting Cezar still pisses me off. I think he will be a good one.

Came to read my ou basketball board and lo and behold.. Osu is all up in it.. Still trying to justify themselves to daddy.. You guys are garbage.

That is literally the dumbest post I have ever read on this forum.

I never understood the need for bedlam douchebaggery. One of the best things about this board is the contributions from aggies and other posters from around the Big XII.

I never understood the need for bedlam douchebaggery. One of the best things about this board is the contributions from aggies and other posters from around the Big XII.

Just keep in mind, it is WAY worse from the average oSu fan. I mean seriously, we have a poster called "OU Tugfest" on here representing the oSu fan base. They are a "football" school now anyway.

when it comes to football you're probably right, but basketball wise its pretty equal. There was just as much blake griffin bashing as there was sean sutton bashing or byron eaton bashing. It goes both ways.

Jeffery 97 relax my friend,all of us as OU fans are just going crazy because our team has sucked for the last 2 years!!We just want to see improvement & fast,but it will take time.Ford has put a nice group of players together at OSU,but he has also cleaned out some deadbeats & criminals..We all just want to have a winning program!!GO SOONERS!!!!!!!

This.

In fact, I would say it is THE BEST thing about this forum. We have a great collection of OU fans that offer very different viewpoints, with fans from most of the other schools that are very polite and knowledgeable. Its a great mix.

We do need a Texas Tech and ISU fan though. I think everyone else is covered.

when it comes to football you're probably right, but basketball wise its pretty equal. There was just as much blake griffin bashing as there was sean sutton bashing or byron eaton bashing. It goes both ways.

The distinction is that OU Basketball has had to overcome 20 years of local media bias against its program. Now that oSu is experiencing success in football, its been proven out that its fanbase and its standing as "the" basketball school in the state is false.

I freely admit the following bias':

1. The two NC's oSu claims are tainted by the draft and the ability for a student at an agricultural or religious school to avoid it. You know what, the NCAA counts em' but PRIOR to WWII OU was the school going to final fours.

2. I'm thoroughly disgusted that Iba was picked to coach a US national team that lost to the USSR. His style was completely contradictory to the way the game was being played in the 70's [think ABA, Dr. J. etc.].

3. That Eddie Sutton was treated with kid gloves while Kelvin was scrutinized to the ninth degree. That was media driven, when even the SLIGHTEST media look into Eddie's personal life would have realized he had serious substance abuse issues.

There I confessed.

I don't mind a few opposing fans, if they are legitimately here to talk Big 12/college hoops. But many -- I would even say most -- of the aggie fans come here only to "defend" their team against any and every perceived slight and therefore add little to (in fact, they too often detract from) the larger discussion. Aggie post cops, we don't need, and that's mostly what we get.

I would also point out that Sooners fans are regularly booted from aggie boards, while we are asked to welcome them here with open arms.

Given that I consider oswho fans to be lowest form of life in the college sports universe -- I'm speaking generally, not of any poster here in particular -- I wouldn't miss most of them if they were gone.

And to the suggestion above that oswho is now "successful" in football -- again, I would suggest that anyone wishing to really get a handle on their "success" need only review their scheduling practices.

Last season, prior to the Bedlam matchup, they had played two -- count 'em -- two teams that were ranked when they played them -- Baylor (a team that was already in freefall and was well out of the rankings by season's end) and Nebraska, a team that finished 20th in the final AP poll. Both games were played at HLF, and the aggies beat only Baylor.

The only other ranked teams they'v beaten during their reportedly "successful" past three years were a Georgia squad that finished 8-5 and unranked and a Mizzou team that got slaughtered by OU and texas and also lost to KU on its way to a 10-4 season and #19 final ranking -- a nice enough win, but honestly, hardly a signature victory.

And yet, as they always do, the aggies continue to try to claim the elite status that they've yet to earn on the field (and they apparently are not even willing to try to earn it, given their penchant for scheduling weak sisters). Their claim of a "share" of the 2010 Big 12 South title would have been funny if it weren't so pitiful. They beat not one truly top-drawer team last season, but they wish to claim a "share" of a division championship that any moderately informed college football fan knows they did not earn.

Just imagine the situation reversed and ask yourself if OU would make the same claim. Of course we wouldn't, and if an OU AD tried that ill-advised gambit, the fans themselves would be up in arms about it.

The distinction is that OU Basketball has had to overcome 20 years of local media bias against its program. Now that oSu is experiencing success in football, its been proven out that its fanbase and its standing as "the" basketball school in the state is false.

2. I'm thoroughly disgusted that Iba was picked to coach a US national team that lost to the USSR. His style was completely contradictory to the way the game was being played in the 70's [think ABA, Dr. J. etc.].

Thoroughly disgusted? Really?

Because a 2 time Gold winning coach was selected by a committee to coach a 3rd time? Are you even old enough to have seen the game or the 68 game?

The game was college amateurs vs older international pros. We had the best college players representing the USA at the time. Erving was already a pro. No coach was going to take a bunch of college players and change the style the were used to playing in a month or so of practice. Thats ridiculous.

If you watched the game in 72 you would've known we were screwed and not 1 person blamed Iba or the players.

Even though he had won the gold medal in '64 and '68? And by all accounts actually "won" the '72 title but for the huge cheat job the U.S. team was given in the final? And you think that made him a bad choice?

3. That Eddie Sutton was treated with kid gloves while Kelvin was scrutinized to the ninth degree. That was media driven, when even the SLIGHTEST media look into Eddie's personal life would have realized he had serious substance abuse issues.

that might be true but you must remember that eddie eventually admitted his addiction and worked to over power it. Kelvin continually said, " I was out working other schools." I'm not sure he ever admitted he cheated.

either way two very different situations on two very different levels. Nationally eddie took the beating he deserved.

1. The two NC's oSu claims are tainted by the draft and the ability for a student at an agricultural or religious school to avoid it. You know what, the NCAA counts em' but PRIOR to WWII OU was the school going to final fours.

There I confessed.

1. The NIT was still the bigger tournament so it doesn't matter draft or no draft.

2. absolute crap. Mr. Iba was the man for the job.

3. Kelvin brought that on himself for being a complete ass about it all and never accepting responsibility for actual wrongdoing. To this day he still claims that he was merely "working harder than everyone else".

Back