Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

And against such an impressive schedule, too! It's plain to see that whoever handles the oswho basketball schedule has taken lessons from their football scheduler. All it takes to make aggies happy is wins, they don't much care who they come against.

We should have played the likes of Chaminade, oh wait...

Wasn't osu's SOS better than ou's? Or around the same? Not sure why it keeps coming up.

We should have played the likes of Chaminade, oh wait...

OU Tugfest said:
Wasn't osu's SOS better than ou's? Or around the same? Not sure why it keeps coming up.

Yeah, we played a crappy schedule and our team sucked. You aren't going to see anyone here say otherwise. We fired our coach. It's unacceptable to OU fans.

Is it to Oklahoma State fans? Are you defending your non-conference schedule or is it just "you guys' sucks too?" Because that's a horrible argument.

And none of that is changing because they signed a juco center OU passed on.

Hasn't been confirmed either way. I've heard that OU/Kruger is looking at a guy named Casey Arent from California...6'10 240...kind of similar to Jurick. I highly doubt Kruger turns down Jurick to talk to Olaseni.

Franz Steyn runs the floor way better than Jurick. In my (trying to be) unbiased opinion, Jurick will be a good shotblocker and post defender in the half court, but honestly, he cant get up and down the court worth a damn. He has his strengths that will help out, but don't expect him to be Big Country or anything.

Came to read my ou basketball board and lo and behold.. Osu is all up in it.. Still trying to justify themselves to daddy.. You guys are garbage.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pchk06-4lc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pchk06-4lc[/ame]

And I think this video proves my point.

Great shot blocker, biggest guy on the court, absolutely no motor.

OK... let me break this down for you.

The guy I was responding to said that Ford could bring in talent, but couldn't coach them.

Previous criticism on this site of Ford was that he wins, but only with talent from Sean.

So if Ford can't "coach" talent, then how did he win with Sean's talent?

Coach Capel won with Blake, whats your point. Talent wins

Are you freaking kidding me! That's two, count em, that were really leaning to OU during the recruiting period, and basically kicked us in the a** by signing with Okie Light. I can't believe with our lack of size, he went with them. Mark it down, they will own us next year (and probably the year after).

They couldn't beat us with Capel as our coach.
I don't see how that changes.

1st we lose Goff who happens to be the #3 juco player in the nation then we choke in baseball against the aggies and now we lose Jurick to the aggies?

I'd like some good news for a change.

1st we lose Goff who happens to be the #3 juco player in the nation then we choke in baseball against the aggies and now we lose Jurick to the aggies?

I'd like some good news for a change.

The good news is we didn't really want Goff or Jurick and baseball is what lOSUrs talk about.

or somesuch.

Poor little osu, always having to wear big brothers hand me downs. It is obvious Kruger passed on Jurick just like Huggins/West Virginia passed on him.

The pokes will suck as usual and hillbilly will continue being the worst coach in the league.

How is that obvious?

Well, let's see -- oswho played two teams that made it to the tourney, and one of those was a 16 seed. The other won just one game in the tourney. Otherwise, their power opponents were NIT teams, plus Tulsa, who had a winning record but didn't make the postseason.

OU played three teams with winning records that didn't make the tourney, one NIT team, and three NCAA teams -- one of which made it to the Final Four, one of which made it to the Elite Eight and lost to the eventual champs, and one that lost to the eventual champs in round of 32.

I'd say three NCAA teams and one NIT team trumps two NCAA teams (especially when one's a 16 seed and the other lost in the round of 32) and four NIT teams.

oswho beat an above .500 Tulsa team on the road, but virtually everyone else they played, aside from those cited above, had losing records and they played all but three of their nonconference games at HGIA. OU played five games away from Norman.

I'm not saying it's night and day, but OU's schedule was undeniably more difficult. And, of course, we weren't the ones bragging about our accomplishments this season -- an aggie was. So for them to counter with "Well, who did y'all play??" is, as was pointed out above, a specious counter-argument.

OU
Texas Southern -- NIT
UK -- Final Four, in Hawaii
UVA -- Decent conference, winning record, in Hawaii
ARK -- decent conference, winning record, on the road
Ariz -- Elite Eight, lost to national champs
ORU -- winning record
Cincy -- lost to national champs in round of 32, away game

oswho
Va Tech -- NIT
Murray St. -- NIT
Tulsa -- winning record, on the road
Missouri St -- NIT
Bama -- NIT title game
Gonzaga -- Round of 32
UTSA -- 16 seed

Osu had a SOS of 38 and ou's was 43. I wouldn't call either one of those bad. Who knows if jurick soured on kruger or the other way around. I'm positive boca has no clue, though!

Osu had a SOS of 38 and ou's was 43. I wouldn't call either one of those bad. Who knows if jurick soured on kruger or the other way around.

KenPom has O-State's non-conference SOS as 199, OU's 309. I don't care to get into a tit-for-tat about who's was worse. Hell, I'll stipulate that OSU's was better.

I'm comfortable saying that playing such a crappy schedule and being terrible is unacceptable.

Is going to the NIT with the 200th best non-conference schedule in the country acceptable at Oklahoma State? Still waiting on that response. If so, that is one sorry state of affairs in Stillwater.

KenPom has O-State's non-conference SOS as 199, OU's 309. I don't care to get into a tit-for-tat about who's was worse. Hell, I'll stipulate that OSU's was better.

I'm comfortable saying that playing such a crappy schedule and being terrible is unacceptable.

Is going to the NIT with the 200th best non-conference schedule in the country acceptable at Oklahoma State? Still waiting on that response. If so, that is one sorry state of affairs in Stillwater.

I believe you know the answer to your question. What's odd is that if you search this site for "Jurick" you find tons of threads and posts claiming Jurick is just what you guys need. Or needed, rather. I guess now that he signed with OSU, he's not good enough for you...

They couldn't beat us with Capel as our coach.
I don't see how that changes.

Ford can't beat OU? Ford is .500 against OU which is impressive considering he had to clean up the turd Sean left and that OU had the best amateur BB player on the planet his first season. By the way, what's Ford record against OU in the Big 12 tournament? You know, post-season play when it really matters?

I'll give you a hint, OU is 0-3 against OSU all-time in the Big 12 tournament.

What's odd is that if you search this site for "Jurick" you find tons of threads and posts claiming Jurick is just what you guys need.

Probably! This board has lots of different posters and personalities! Believe it or not, we don't all think the same. I can certainly say I've never said anything like that.

How could OU's be 309 with games against Arizona, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Virginia? In reality I think the strength of schedule ranking is a bit of a joke. Does it really matter if OU plays the 150th ranked team or the 250th ranked team? In my opinion OU should win against both teams pretty close to 100% of the time, especially at the LNC.

Back