Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Easy to connect the dots. Kruger hit the ground running and put the full court press on the guys he wanted. Grooms even come out and said "OU wanted him real bad".

It has been reported numerous times Jurick liked OU best. But there has not been a peep about his recruitment since Kruger took over. OU lands a 6'9" transfer and the next day Jurick has to accept okie jr.

Do you have any doubt Kruger would have had trouble landing Jurick if he went after him the way he went after Grooms?

If Jurick "liked OU best" when Capel was in charge, the LNC was empty and OU wasn't making the post season, I question why anyone would want him.

Had Capel stayed do you think OSU's recruiting would have been worse?

It's very likely that OU would have signed both Jurick and Guerrero had Capel been retained. Whether that would have been a good thing is anyone's guess.

Also, I agree with boca that LK probably did not recruit either of those kids.

If Jurick "liked OU best" when Capel was in charge, the LNC was empty and OU wasn't making the post season, I question why anyone would want him.

And just think, poor Jurick had to settle for a team that came into the empty LNC and couldn't beat the OU team you describe.

That phone call from Kruger never came.

I tried to post on Sunday. I met Jurick on saturday night but the bad news is that I met him in Stillwater and he was with all the basketball players including Marcus Dove...

good thing he can only bring in talent and cant coach them though

Care to elaborate?

He's made the Tournament 2/3 years, and this year's team wasn't as good, but did win 20 games.

I thought the favorite knock on Ford around here was he "won with Sean's talent."

Well that would mean that he's coaching the talent on hand...

So which is it...? Winning with others' talent, or can't coach up talent? Because those are mutually exclusive ideas.

And just think, poor Jurick had to settle for a team that came into the empty LNC and couldn't beat the OU team you describe.

You are blinded by your bias and hatred for OSU.

Gotta love Butthurt Boca and his BS spin jobs.

Who knows how he's gonna turn out in the Big 12-10 but I'm sure Kruger just woulda have hated to to sign a guy that averaged almost a triple double, a dude that was being looked at by many major programs, a 4 star top 75 national player out of HS that went to Tennessee and had to leave cause his mom was sick. A guy that was offered by Kentucky among others outta HS.

I mean, why would a under .500 15 win team that lost their leading scorer, that has lost to their main rival 4 out of the last 6 while also getting lapped in recruiting by their rival(s) in the offseason need that? Why would a team that the vast majority of pundits won't have picked to even make the NCAA for what would be the past 4 out of 6 years need a 6'11" 265 pound rebounding and shot blocking machine in the paint?

Your own fans are calling you out on Kruger not wanting him. Good Ol' Butthurt Boca is always good for a laugh.

The last information about OU recruiting Jurick came on March 1 when he told William Jennings that OU led.

Please provide any evidence that Kruger recruited Jurick because I have seen none. What we do know is that this weekend Kruger landed a 6'9" transfer and the next day Jurick settled for an inferior program.

The last information about OU recruiting Jurick came on March 1 when he told William Jennings that OU led.

Please provide any evidence that Kruger recruited Jurick because I have seen none. What we do know is that this weekend Kruger landed a 6'9" transfer and the next day Jurick settles for an inferior program.

We didnt know that Kruger was recruiting Amath either, but he was (obviously).

I gotta agree with boca here. Not judging Jurick at all with this message, or whether he could have helped OU, but I'm inclined to believe LK passed on Jurick. There is no evidence at all that that LK contacted him, or tried to recruit him to OU. That may not be 100% true, but I think it's a lot more likely then LK reached out, and Jurick all the sudden committed to a school that I didn't even know he was looking at.

Jurick is an amazing signing for them...he will be the second coming of Frans Steyn

I gotta agree with boca here. Not judging Jurick at all with this message, or whether he could have helped OU, but I'm inclined to believe LK passed on Jurick. There is no evidence at all that that LK contacted him, or tried to recruit him to OU. That may not be 100% true, but I think it's a lot more likely then LK reached out, and Jurick all the sudden committed to a school that I didn't even know he was looking at.

There was no evidence of OU recruiting Amath, but they were. Jurick had ALREADY used an official visit to come to OU. He had a relationship with Capel. Once Capel was fired, it was over. He took his remaining visits and chose OK State.

How are those mutually exclusive?

OK... let me break this down for you.

The guy I was responding to said that Ford could bring in talent, but couldn't coach them.

Previous criticism on this site of Ford was that he wins, but only with talent from Sean.

So if Ford can't "coach" talent, then how did he win with Sean's talent?

Jurick is an amazing signing for them...he will be the second coming of Frans Steyn

star-wars-anonymous-rebel-pilot-sees-what-u-did-there.jpg

OK... let me break this down for you.

The guy I was responding to said that Ford could bring in talent, but couldn't coach them.

Previous criticism on this site of Ford was that he wins, but only with talent from Sean.

So if Ford can't "coach" talent, then how did he win with Sean's talent?

What? Am I missing something here?

If Ford can't "coach" talent, he won with Sean Sutton's talent because Sean Sutton's talent was talented. Not because he is a good bench coach.

I'm stipulating the criticism, here, although I don't necessarily agree with it.

I don't understand where/why some of you think Ford is a bad coach ... I don't see him as a bad coach at all.

I mean - obviously your opinion may differ but I can't see where the objective evidence supports that view.

Let me break it down. osu has average players, a hillbilly coach with 1 tournament win in his entire career and is well below average as an academic institution.

And none of that is changing because they signed a juco center OU passed on.

this year's team wasn't as good, but did win 20 games.

And against such an impressive schedule, too! It's plain to see that whoever handles the oswho basketball schedule has taken lessons from their football scheduler. All it takes to make aggies happy is wins, they don't much care who they come against.

Back